Summer Hits

Movie junk...

Moderators: boat, rickh

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Summer Hits

Postby Drewbacca » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:43 pm

So which movies would you say are worth watching? Which ones should have never been made? (Please keep responses only about movies you have viewed. Thank you.)

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby Drewbacca » Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:47 pm

Gigli was pretty good. I don't know why it got a bad rap. Can't go wrong with Ben and Jen.

8)

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby Drewbacca » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:15 pm

Eh? No one enjoyed any movies this summer? Rental DVD/Video perhaps? :lol:

8)

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby [NME]Myth » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:23 pm

:oops:

Maybe nobody wants to socialize with a guy that likes Gigli! :oops: :P :lol: :wink:

Bad Boys 2 and Terminator 3 were both pretty good. Haven't seen any others. Might check out Freddy v Jason.

rented Basic which was okay and The Recruit which was good. Saw Gangs of New York and that is good too, and very bloody! :tup:

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby boat » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:15 pm

[NME]Myth wrote::oops:

Maybe nobody wants to socialize with a guy that likes Gigli! :oops: :P :lol: :wink:

Bad Boys 2 and Terminator 3 were both pretty good. Haven't seen any others. Might check out Freddy v Jason.

rented Basic which was okay and The Recruit which was good. Saw Gangs of New York and that is good too, and very bloody! :tup:

...hmmm...every movie that myth saw was eitehr 'good' or 'pretty good'....dohp, thats right..he's not on probation or anyhting anymore, i almost forgot :lol: :P :wink:

hmm...how do i bring back this backed up copy of 'aww crap'...? :-?

:pbt:

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby [NME]Myth » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:37 pm

boat wrote:
[NME]Myth wrote::oops:

...hmmm...every movie that myth saw was eitehr 'good' or 'pretty good'....dohp, thats right..he's not on probation or anyhting anymore, i almost forgot :lol: :P :wink:

hmm...how do i bring back this backed up copy of 'aww crap'...? :-?

:pbt:

:fist:
:stone:
Hmm, I guess I make it a point not to watch movies that suck. :P How about you watch these movies and then tell me I'm wrong, biatch. :agrue:

And Basic was just okay, not good, boyeeeeeeeee. :D

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby Drewbacca » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:09 pm

Heh heh, just thought if I said I like Gigli that it would get a response. :ewerope:

I thought Terminator 2 was good but not great.

What did you see this summer, boat?

8)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby [NME]T-Bone » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:37 pm

Jason tied me up and forced me to watch Spy Kids 3. I think it was one of the most poorly done 3D films ever, not to mention that wearing friggin 3D glasses for more than 15 minutes gives me killer headaches. :crazyeyes:

Heck, I thought the remake of Creature from the Black Lagoon in 3D looked better, but Jason liked the show so I guess that's what really mattered.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby Drewbacca » Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:24 am

Was it just the poor 3D effects, or was the movie just poor overall? I heard the first two were really good.

Glad Jason liked it.

Has anyone seen "Pirates of the Caribbean" or "Finding Nemo?"

8)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby [NME]T-Bone » Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:30 am

I thought this one sucked compared to the first two, but Jason liked it so maybe it's just an age thing.

I highly recommend "Finding Nemo". It's got great animation, a good story line, and good family values. :D

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby boat » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:34 am

Drewbacca wrote:Heh heh, just thought if I said I like Gigli that it would get a response. :ewerope:

I thought Terminator 2 was good but not great.

What did you see this summer, boat?

8)

Terminator 2 is like so passe :roll: :lol:

i have not seen any new movies in the theatres this summer :oops: :-? i just got "Old School" on dvd (the movie came out this year didnt it?...does taht count? :P ) ...man thats a funny arse movie...highly recommended :D :tup:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby Drewbacca » Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:04 pm

Heh heh, you got me there. You of all people should let a typo pass. Heh heh. :wink:

Let me try again. I thought Terminator 3 was good but not great. :P

Yeah, I rented "Old School". Yeah, that was pretty funny. Will Ferrell is a hilarious freak! :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions so far, y'all.

8)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby boat » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:10 pm

my typos are just letter rearranged, your's was comparing two different movies :P :wink:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby Drewbacca » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:05 pm

Heh, heh. 2 and 3 are right next to each other. Typos can happen. :puppydogeyes: I'm not a repeat offender, though. :angel:

Arnold and a newer Terminator come after John Connor. Arnold programmed to save John Connor. Newer Terminator trashes everyone/anything. John Connor lives. New Terminator dies. Arnold dies. Arnold runs for Governor. Oh wait, that's not in the movie. :wink: Heh heh.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: Summer Hits

Postby [NME]T-Bone » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 am

ok, i'll admit it... transformers was pretty cool. they used the original voice actor for optimus prime. the sfx were great and the plot was consistent to the original series - before the stupid dinobots & crap came along. oh, and megan fox is pretty hot too. ;)
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby [NME]T-Bone » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:28 am

live free die hard... what can i say? it's typical die hard. if you like bruce willis and you liked the other die hards, then you'll like this one too, no doubt. starts off a lil slow, but the action picks up and doesn't quit.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos

will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Iggy
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Postby Iggy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:38 am

[NME]T-Bone wrote:ok, i'll admit it... transformers was pretty cool. they used the original voice actor for optimus prime. the sfx were great and the plot was consistent to the original series - before the stupid dinobots & crap came along. oh, and megan fox is pretty hot too. ;)

Yes, she is.

Anyhow, even a purist like me can enjoy this one. Some of the action scenes were a little confusing, since the robot modes look similar between Autobots and Decepticons. But overall, I was quite happy with the movie.

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Postby KUMITE » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:05 pm

I enjoyed the Transformer movie. I haven't seen Die Hard Live Free as of yet. I did watch 300. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Went out and bought the DVD. I did see it in the movie theatre on big screen. I'll watch it 20 more times before the summers over.
PEACE K

Return to “Movies”