Joining NME...

What's going on with and within NME...

Moderators: boat, [NME]T-Bone, [NME]SYSCRUSHER

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Joining NME...

Post by boat » Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:51 pm

ok, there have been some inquiries on the server recently about how to become NME. I'm now gonna try and explain the process as best as i can :)

We do NOT recruit or have tryouts of any sort, we invite. We also do not currently play in any type of leagues, etc, but we'd always be up for a friendly scrimmage or anything of the sort (so if youre looking for a group that plays in leagues, "just turn your pretty head and walk awaaaay" :wink: )

a brief summary of what we look for in "NME" are:

Teamwork
Responsibility
Intelligence
Honesty

you can find the long version at:

http://genesis.infonline.net/tfc/Newsite/whoarewe.html

And to become NME, you must first display these characteristics, and you must become a "regular" on EC1, to the point where you display these characteristics to us and establish a repoire with NME (this, i guess, would be considered your "tryout"). Once you think you've established these two things, you should drop an email to our administrative email address at mailto:tfc@infonline.net and just let us know who you are, and that youre interested in joining NME :) and once we get a good set of applicants, or we feel the need to expand our family, we take the applicants and hold a vote to see who will be our next addition(s) :) **forwarned: this can be a long process, so dont play for a coupla weeks, apply, and hope to get in immediately. we have only held a few votes a year, and for some NME, it has taken them a coupla votes to get in :-?

welp, i hope that answers any questions, and if ive missed something or given wrong information, please feel free to add/correct :D

tgross791
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Re: Joining NME...

Post by tgross791 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:34 pm

thanks, yea i was on the ttp bf2 server and asked playerx about it and he said that you guys don't recruit etc......i always enjoy squadding up with you guys all the time........it makes the bf2 experience so much more enjoyable!!!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:20 pm

whats up...thanks for the interest.

as noted/said, [NME] is sort of dormant at the moment, at least until TF2 and/or FortressForever comes out, because our roots/origins are in Team Fortress Classic. and we're not your typical "clan"...we're mostly just a buncha of folks that enjoy gaming together (sorta like ttp, if you wanna look at it that way)...i always like to use a Mooselodge as an analogy :P ;) thus so, we dont compete or do leagues or ladders or any of the other typical "clan" stuff. given that we're primarily a tfc group, we're not really a bf2 clan...just a few of us that ventured out into some other games together after tfc lost some of its steam...so we primarily donned the [NME] tag so we can find each other on the server(s) easier (given the mooselodge analogy, the tag is like us wearing our shriner hats :P ) :pbt: ;)

a few of us still lurk around these meager forums, and hopefully things will pick back up with tf2/ff...

thanks again.

[NME]boat,
aka, [NME] bopat
aka, [NME] nopat

:lol: :P

CherrySoda
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by CherrySoda » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:33 pm

Hey, I was talking to PlayerX as I was playing on the Texas Team Player server. I have been playing a lot with [NME] and would love to join up with you guys and have some fun. I have been teaming up with your clan members whenever i get the chance. Would sure like to be part of the clan to have fun in Battlefield 2.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:50 am

thanks for the interest, but we're not really actively recruiting, nor are we really a bf2 clan per se (see post above yours for explanation).

thanks.