Moderators: boat, [NME]T-Bone, [NME]SYSCRUSHER

syscrusher
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle
antibot: Negative

New Web Site is now ONLINE

Post by syscrusher » Wed May 12, 2010 11:55 pm

NME Family,

Sometimes you get messages from out of the blue. For several days now I have been thinking about NME. Remembering the people ... the fun ... I even find myself grinning when I think of one of those moments you just never forget in game... so out of the silence (no pun intended) - Silent hails me tonight and I know it's a sign from the big 2fort in the sky. I'm not going to let 2012 come around without leaving everyone on Earth remembering who we are!!! So I set up a new Clan NME web site to get the word out! I hired Osama bin Llama to carry ad banners promoting the site. I'm hoping I can get volunteers to help with content...??? (crickets chirping...) Come on - no coding required it's all modular point-n-click. Anyway - I have just a bit of stuff on the site. Check it out. Volunteer if you wanna ... but come back to check on it now and again.

Special Thanks to Rick for allowing us to camp in his barnacle home all these years. We'll still be coming here - no doubt. Oh, and Rick - I couldn't sign in and become admin ... I think my username rusted away ... :)

Check out the photos on the site - some good laughs there - submit any you have and I'll include them!!

http://www.nmeclan.net

Peace Y'all -- and thank ALL OF YOU for keeping your tags and keeping NME alive!

Oh and one more thing - I need everyone's Email address so that I can add ya to the announcement system - when NME has some super-excellent news - it will be right on your door step. So send your email addy to [url]mailto://syscrusher@nmeclan.net[/url] -or- [url]mailto://indridcold65@gmail.com[/url]

--[NME]SYSCRUSHER

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: New Web Site is now ONLINE

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri May 14, 2010 9:39 am

Nice looking web site! Thanks for setting it up. :)
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Fri May 14, 2010 5:29 pm

The web site looks great, and the Snemping video pwns all! :D :)

Late

[NME]SYSCRUSHER
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SYSCRUSHER » Fri May 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Glad you like the site so far. There's not much on it yet, hence why I was asking fer some stuff from all of your lockers. I know many of you have pictures, videos, artwork - and I'd like to put all this on the NME web site so that everyone can enjoy!

Also - if anyone has ideas for sections, let me know.

I have a CD full of maps we used to play on the 'test' server - this collection is quite valuable in my opinion because these are all maps that never really circulated and the one's that did become popular had their start on EC II - so that's kinda cool. I'm going to put the maps online I think and if I do launch another TFC server I think it would be cool to install the majority of these and set up a way to vote for them - like we used to have in place... There are some that were just too cool - like the one Huenberry created for NME and the one where that rocket actually takes off from a silo ... man those were cool maps. There was another map that put you on an alien world - I remember you could fall off the edges (or boat would "accidentally" crow bar you off the edge...ahem...) Finally, there was that map with the air vent in the flag room (it's the one with the big moon in the sky) and tunnels that led from base to base (yeah I know... almost every map right?) I can see it in my head and it's right on the verge of my dendrites firing that memory "Ca... something" it started with a "C" I think ... dangit now I'm going to have to go find that CD!!! Oh Wait - CYDONIA? I think that might be it... whoa ... I fell off the edge yet again ....
[NME]SYSCRUSHER
http://www.clannme.net

[NME]SYSCRUSHER
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Call to Arms!!

Post by [NME]SYSCRUSHER » Mon May 17, 2010 8:11 pm

Okay ... so how many active NME do we have? Just a few days after placing the new NME web site online we actually have a request to join clan NME. So ... it's time to dust off your armor ... put on your flack jackets and assemble... I am looking to put the East Coast Server back online (and just in time I guess) ... I have been playing on other servers out there on the Internet and holy bot-o-matics! Is anyone human out there anymore??

I think it would be a fun fragfest if we could get the NME all on the server again - like the old days ... maybe we can show the TFC community what it's like to play a REAL game of TFC again.

Boat - of course I will need your help getting things working right ... if you have the extra time ... Do we want to run this on 'Nix or Winders? Any thoughts / suggestions???

T-Bone - can you please see if you can drum up the clan for a role call? I know that summer is not too far off and we will all be in our boats, taking vacations, spending time outside with family and friends ... but reserve some of that rainy day frag time with your NME brothers!

TTFN!
[NME]SYSCRUSHER
http://www.clannme.net

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 pm

I would love to see the return of EC1!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue May 18, 2010 6:34 pm

thar be only a handful of nme i have any sort of regular contact with, half of which have already replied to the thread, haha :lol:

as far as a server is concerned, they have both flavors...i havent really messed with the server piece in ages, so i cant indefinitely in that regard...whichever platform suits you best i suppose.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue May 18, 2010 8:14 pm

boat wrote:thar be only a handful of nme i have any sort of regular contact with, half of which have already replied to the thread, haha :lol:
Boat hit that nail on the head. I don't even know where I'd begin to take roll call. I don't think I've played with any of the guys in a while. I pretty much stopped playing TF2 when they added all those hats and fooked up shit.
T-Bone

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: Call to Arms!!

Post by Dictator » Fri May 21, 2010 8:07 am

[NME]SYSCRUSHER wrote:Okay ... so how many active NME do we have? Just a few days after placing the new NME web site online we actually have a request to join clan NME. So ... it's time to dust off your armor ... put on your flack jackets and assemble... I am looking to put the East Coast Server back online (and just in time I guess) ... I have been playing on other servers out there on the Internet and holy bot-o-matics! Is anyone human out there anymore??

I think it would be a fun fragfest if we could get the NME all on the server again - like the old days ... maybe we can show the TFC community what it's like to play a REAL game of TFC again.

TTFN!
Hey all. I know I haven't played in a few years but I'm up for it. I'm itching to fire rockets at you guys :D
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

deathbytes
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by deathbytes » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:07 am

Yo! It'd be good to frag folks other than boat, X, Zeop, Huh, and Sandy every now and then!

I have to go check out the new site. It's been awhile since I've played TF2 and been spending most my days in Bad Company 2 land. :o

-Db
Deathbytes

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:57 am

dont you mean "get fragged by folks like..." ?

skooled.

deathbytes
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by deathbytes » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:28 pm

boat wrote:dont you mean "get fragged by folks like..." ?

skooled.
Don't be a H8r! Just cuz you got skooled by some chicks in bf2 (coyote,sfrichk)

Db
Deathbytes

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:39 pm

deathbytes wrote:
boat wrote:dont you mean "get fragged by folks like..." ?

skooled.
Don't be a H8r! Just cuz you got skooled by some chicks in bf2 (coyote,sfrichk)

Db
dont be hatin, yo...just cause you keep getting skooled by all, in all games...

snoogens.

Lump
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Lump » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Just noticed the message in Steam, I'm still kinda around. I don't really play any multiplayer FPS games anymore, none that have really been fun to me like TFC was and TF2 was a disappointment. Most of my gaming time is spent playing World of Warcraft still, been playing for the past ~6 years or so. Think I lost all my TFC screenshots to a dying harddrive, unless I happened to back them up on a CD somewhere.

Cobra
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Cobra » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:31 am

I'm a little late for the grand opening........but by god I am still around.

Amazing I still have the link to here. :D

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 pm

amazing you still have the link? pft, that's just how awesome the site is! :lol:

western nc...dang, we had a handful of small nme meet-ups in charlotte nc several years ago...how far is that from where youre at?

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 pm

I was supposed to hook up with Puppet last month on my way to the beach. Unfortunately Sean had an accident that day and we didn't get to hook up this year. :(

Cobra, are you getting the 2011 Boss 302? Looks like a sweet ride.
T-Bone

Cobra
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Cobra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:36 am

Charlotte is less than two hours away. :D
Nice drive down that way.

Nope, I dont like the ass end of the new Mustangs. Ford decided to put backup lights between the brake lights. Idiots, the Mustang is known for its tri-bar tail lights.

We had our national MCA show labor day weekend at the Biltmore house and what a mess. 488 Mustangs and that Saturday the Biltmore had to close the gate for the first time in its history due to 7000 visitors on the grounds.

Anyway here is the transportation I took to get around that weekend.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Nice pic... the wife cut you out of the pic for a reason? lmao!!!
T-Bone

Darq Angel
Pubescent Barnacle
Pubescent Barnacle

Post by Darq Angel » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:50 pm

So... I'm a little late. Not part of the NME family but a sister clanmate is good enough, right? I'd love to dust off the ol' rifle again with some of you. Good times indeed. :wink:

Hope you are all well!

:angel: Darqy
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'd take over...