Where is NME?

What's going on with and within NME...

Moderators: boat, [NME]T-Bone, [NME]SYSCRUSHER

Speedy

Where is NME?

Post by Speedy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:59 am

Hello Everyone,

Where is NME now? Where does NME play? What Happened to the NME servers EastCoast 1 and 2? This is the old has been [NME]Speedy and was looking to play with some of you old timers. lol hmm I'am getting pretty old myself I'm going on 34 have 2 kids and my loving wife Karen. What other games has everyone been playing? I have not been online for several years and am a lost puppy here. So if someone gets the message hit me back with an e-mail at johndmartin73@yahoo.com

As I sit here thinking about who was with NME when I was there, it seems I remember a guy named Boat and he loved sniping me as I came out on battlements on 2 fort. And PlayerX it seems use to like being a Soldier and wasn't there a guy by the name of RiffRaft and he was always an engineer? What about the can't kill me Soldier Vominator?

Maybe I will see you guys some day on TFC, but for now I'm off to play some TFC on a server called Nemisis or someing like that.

Later
aka [NME]Speedy

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: Where is NME?

Post by boat » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:16 pm

whats up.

theres still at least a small core of us. once tfc started to lose steam, so did alot of play time. in the meantime, everyone has been sort of scattered throughout the gaming world. a few of us did a brief stint in call of duty-uo. then a handful of us bid our time with battlefield2 for a good little while. all precursors to the release that never seemed like it was gonna happen, Team Fortress 2 :P as well as Fortress Forever.

there has been a mixed take on both games. some feel as though tf2 was disappointing in some way, especially given how long its has been in development, but on the other hand, its still fresh and new and kinda grows on you and turns out to be fun to play.

for the tf/tfc diehards, FF is more in line in the "classical" sense (tf2 got rid of a bunch of weapons, most notably grenades :o ), and is paced faster than tf2. however, valve undercut FF's release and decided to coincidentally release a "beta" version of tf2 the same day FF announced it was going to be released, so i think that crippled FF's player base...and then to add insult to injury, halo3 was recently released, der. :roll:

we're sort of in the process of getting some NME offerings back up, but we'll hopefully get all that squared away sooner than later :P probably start with a tf2 server, and depending on bandwidth and resources, perhaps even a FF server...and who konws, maybe even a tfc server for nostalgia :pbt: ;)

Speedy

Post by Speedy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:46 am

What's up Boat?

The sniper I didn't like to see on the other side in 2fort with his rifle pointing my way! lol

If anyone still plays tfc, you can find me on a server called Smiley's 2-fort. I still go by Speedy and sometimes where the old [NME] tag.
It took me awhile to get back to playing like I use to, but hopefully I have improved some from before. I have noticed there is alot more people playing as Medics and scouts and conc jumping. Sometimes it's like total war fare on the server. So many people just throwing grenades every where these days and me either walking into them or landing on them with out knowing that the grenade is there and without the thrower knowing if anyone is there to blow up. Grenade spamming every where.
This guy named Wile E Coyote reminds me alot of Vominator and.......damn can't remeber his name, but a real good Soldier.
But anyways if anyone wants to join me or be against me in a game of tfc, come to Smiley's 2 fort. I am usaully on after 5pm weekdays and all the time on Sundays. Saturday is saved for Hunting, but may be on some after dark.

Laterz,
[NME]Speedy

Iggy
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by Iggy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:35 am

Hey Speedy, what's the IP on that server? I can usually be found on Drippy's 2fort many evenings. I wouldn't mind some new competition though. I'm also a Fortress Forever player, but don't have a "home server" as of yet. Although Chip's Funhouse(FF) is a nice place to play when players are on.

Vominator
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by Vominator » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:25 am

Hey guys! Wow long time no see :)

I play on [DAD] servers these days (209.44.113.83:27016) - Speedy doesn't remember my rockets :)

I'm not sure if you guys remember [*4HA*]Path, used to be in the same clan as Great One.

Its good to see some of the old guys here! Sadly I still play soldier because I don't know how to play anything else - some things never change *sigh*

Vom
Speedy wrote:Hello Everyone,

Where is NME now? Where does NME play? What Happened to the NME servers EastCoast 1 and 2? This is the old has been [NME]Speedy and was looking to play with some of you old timers. lol hmm I'am getting pretty old myself I'm going on 34 have 2 kids and my loving wife Karen. What other games has everyone been playing? I have not been online for several years and am a lost puppy here. So if someone gets the message hit me back with an e-mail at johndmartin73@yahoo.com

As I sit here thinking about who was with NME when I was there, it seems I remember a guy named Boat and he loved sniping me as I came out on battlements on 2 fort. And PlayerX it seems use to like being a Soldier and wasn't there a guy by the name of RiffRaft and he was always an engineer? What about the can't kill me Soldier Vominator?

Maybe I will see you guys some day on TFC, but for now I'm off to play some TFC on a server called Nemisis or someing like that.

Later
aka [NME]Speedy

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:16 pm

wow! glad to see you're still around. if you're still as good as you used to be then i don't wanna play with you, unless i can use boat as a shield. :lol:
Vominator wrote:Hey guys! Wow long time no see :)

I play on [DAD] servers these days (209.44.113.83:27016) - Speedy doesn't remember my rockets :)

I'm not sure if you guys remember [*4HA*]Path, used to be in the same clan as Great One.

Its good to see some of the old guys here! Sadly I still play soldier because I don't know how to play anything else - some things never change *sigh*

Vom
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Vominator
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by Vominator » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:01 pm

Hey Tbone :) Long time!

haha no i'm all withered out :) Last time I was with you guys I just got married, and now I see you guys again in 2007 and we just delivered a newborn daughter :)

I hope the next reunion doesn't bring another life changing event :)

Vom

PS. Hey is the NME server up?

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:03 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:wow! glad to see you're still around. if you're still as good as you used to be then i don't wanna play with you, unless i can use boat as a shield. :lol:
no.

-Bumble-
Toddler Barnacle
Toddler Barnacle

Post by -Bumble- » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:34 am

Hey all you NME family and friends!
It's been a damned long time, and I've missed you. I've been really well, keeping pretty busy with college (academics and partying), work, and wrestling. Not much to complain about, really. I did finally go ahead and build a computer, and I'm currently modding it. Once it's done, I'll post a worklog and also specs on the machine. That's most of the real-life excitement (I'm almost 20! Whoa!). I haven't stopped playing TFC at all--still competing (even led some clans along the way), and I pretty much refuse to move on from the game I love so dearly until it can't be helped. I've seen Path, Vom, boat, PlayerX, !HuH!, and maybe a couple others around, but haven't really gotten to play/talk to anyone besides Vom. It's great to see some old friendly faces once again! I don't pub all that much these days, but if I do, it's usually at Dark Realm, [DAD], or some other high-profile pub (there's pretty few these days).

If any of you folks want to get in game sometime (I'll make an exception and play FF or TF2 for you :D), hit me up on Steam Friends (add me with ebrosen@comcast.net -- my brother registered the account), I'd love to arrange something of a reunion.

Even if you're not still playing, post here and let me know how you're doing! I miss you guys!

<3 Bumble
The bumble bee cannot fly...
but no one ever told him that.

[Let the wild rumpus start!]

E-Mail: mailto:GroovesEthnikon@gmail.com
AIM: GroovesEthnikon

Speedy

Post by Speedy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:13 am

Man ..so glad to see some of you people around still. Been playing with Vom some....Karen is still alive too..
Vom metioned a [NME] Reunion to me yesterday....that would great!! But I want Vom as soldier, Boat as Sniper, T-Bone as Soldier and RiffRaft as Engy on my team....lol oh and playerX and prob. some more if I could remember you all....lol Where is RiftRaft anyways? anyone chat with him?

I was thinking of starting my own tfc/mail/web server ...but not sure how to proceed...I got this big server thingy and was waiting on my brother to help me out on getting it up and running smoothly...I don't beleive it is very old. This Lawyer got mad at another lawyer and just took out his hard drives and left it. So I have it now. I am way behind on the computer tech stuff...so my brother is suppose to help me out, but that may take awhile, he still in the Navy and it's really hard to tell when he will be coming in to the states.

But anyways, Karen says HELLO to EVERYONE and hopefully we all can get together and do some old school tfc.

What about System Crusher? Where is he?

May be getting another computer so Karen & I can be on at the same time...hopefully in time for the reunion...

OK chat at you peeps laterz
Speedy