College Football

Open forum for..whatever...

Moderators: boat, rickh

User avatar
Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Post by Dictator » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:13 pm

[NME]SANDMAN wrote:I think Georgia Tech might have a chance to win the acc this year.....LoL

It's Duke's turn to win ACC!!! :ggrin:
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

User avatar
[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Naples,Florida
Contact:

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:31 pm


User avatar
Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Post by Dictator » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:40 pm

OOhhh man! Was that OSU cornerback I see knocked down Mich O-line man? :o
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

User avatar
[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Contact:

Post by [NME]Myth » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:35 pm

OSU should be pretty good next year. Who is replacing Pittman and Holmes?
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

User avatar
Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Post by Dictator » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:03 am

[NME]Myth wrote:OSU should be pretty good next year. Who is replacing Pittman and Holmes?

They should be ok if they don't have serious problem with their lack of experience at defense.

Only tough games I think OSU would have are: Texas, Michigan, Iowa, Michigan State, and perhaps Penn State (they usually lose at OSU's home dang!).
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

User avatar
[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Naples,Florida
Contact:

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:07 pm

[NME]Myth wrote:OSU should be pretty good next year. Who is replacing Pittman and Holmes?


Pittman is only a Jr this year, and he is out with a hamstring injury. Chris Wells a true freshman at running back will push him for the starting position. This guy could be another Adrian Peterson!

We are loaded at the wr! We have Ginn, Gonzalez and Hall returning. So one of the youg guys will have to make plays. With Ginn getting all the attention.

Whats going to be tough, is replacing Hawk(lb), Capenter (lb), Slaegel(lb), Whitner(SS), Salley(fs) and youboty(cb) on the defensive side of the ball. We have the talent to do so, the question is can the 1st team D come together, and jell before the Texas game. If our D can come together before the Texas game we'll have a good chance to go 12-0.

http://ohiostate.rivals.com/croster.asp?team=OHIOST

User avatar
Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Post by Dictator » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:52 pm

Sept 8, Penn State @ Notre Dame 3:30 PM - Mark it on your calendar! :D

Notre Dame probably will win because of their experience in offense but their defense is like swiss cheese. I think Penn State has a good chance to pull a major upset if new QB, Anthony Morelli clicks with the offense and the defense holds up with several new players, especially in secondary.
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

User avatar
[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Contact:

Post by [NME]Myth » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:45 pm

Dictator wrote:Sept 8, Penn State @ Notre Dame 3:30 PM - Mark it on your calendar! :D

Notre Dame probably will win because of their experience in offense but their defense is like swiss cheese. I think Penn State has a good chance to pull a major upset if new QB, Anthony Morelli clicks with the offense and the defense holds up with several new players, especially in secondary.


I won't be able to miss it being I sit next to a Domer at work. They are going to be real good this year I think. Their defense needs some work but really only in the secondary. You will not be able to run the ball on them, their defensive line is tough. Since PSU has a freshman QB and ND will have one of the best offenses in the country I see ND winning going away.

Not rooting for them though. This guy has driven me nuts ever since Weis was hired. :lol:
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

User avatar
Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Post by Dictator » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:02 pm

[NME]Myth wrote:
Dictator wrote:Sept 8, Penn State @ Notre Dame 3:30 PM - Mark it on your calendar! :D

Notre Dame probably will win because of their experience in offense but their defense is like swiss cheese. I think Penn State has a good chance to pull a major upset if new QB, Anthony Morelli clicks with the offense and the defense holds up with several new players, especially in secondary.


I won't be able to miss it being I sit next to a Domer at work. They are going to be real good this year I think. Their defense needs some work but really only in the secondary. You will not be able to run the ball on them, their defensive line is tough. Since PSU has a freshman QB and ND will have one of the best offenses in the country I see ND winning going away.

Not rooting for them though. This guy has driven me nuts ever since Weis was hired. :lol:

QB Morelli will be junior in fall. :roll: :P
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

User avatar
[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Contact:

Post by [NME]Myth » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:03 pm

Dictator wrote:
[NME]Myth wrote:
Dictator wrote:Sept 8, Penn State @ Notre Dame 3:30 PM - Mark it on your calendar! :D

Notre Dame probably will win because of their experience in offense but their defense is like swiss cheese. I think Penn State has a good chance to pull a major upset if new QB, Anthony Morelli clicks with the offense and the defense holds up with several new players, especially in secondary.


I won't be able to miss it being I sit next to a Domer at work. They are going to be real good this year I think. Their defense needs some work but really only in the secondary. You will not be able to run the ball on them, their defensive line is tough. Since PSU has a freshman QB and ND will have one of the best offenses in the country I see ND winning going away.

Not rooting for them though. This guy has driven me nuts ever since Weis was hired. :lol:

QB Morelli will be junior in fall. :roll: :P


Still a rookie, just like VT's starter. :P Maybe he'll prove me wrong though. :)
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

User avatar
[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Naples,Florida
Contact:

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:22 pm

There is talk about "the horse shoe" expanding its capacity from 104k to 135k!

WOOT!

User avatar
Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Post by Dictator » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:03 am

[NME]SANDMAN wrote:There is talk about "the horse shoe" expanding its capacity from 104k to 135k!

WOOT!

I wonder if "Big House" would expand to 150k too? Boy, that would be hottest rivlary between two schools in the nation!
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

User avatar
[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Naples,Florida
Contact:

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:02 pm

USC and Reggie Bush under investigation by the Pac-10 and NCAA for the purchase of a $757,000. dollar house for his parents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2419079

User avatar
[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Naples,Florida
Contact:

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:32 am

8 Buckeyes go in the first 3 rounds of the draft! 5 of 8 were drafted in the 1st round, and 2 were top 10 picks.



Reload!

User avatar
[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Naples,Florida
Contact:

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Fri May 26, 2006 12:29 pm

Dictator wrote:
[NME]SANDMAN wrote:There is talk about "the horse shoe" expanding its capacity from 104k to 135k!

WOOT!

I wonder if "Big House" would expand to 150k too? Boy, that would be hottest rivlary between two schools in the nation!


bah!
http://www.mgoblue.com/document_display ... t_id=21558

User avatar
[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Naples,Florida
Contact:

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Fri May 26, 2006 12:30 pm

99 days until 2006 college football season starts!!!

User avatar
Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Post by Dictator » Fri May 26, 2006 5:05 pm

[NME]SANDMAN wrote:
Dictator wrote:
[NME]SANDMAN wrote:There is talk about "the horse shoe" expanding its capacity from 104k to 135k!

WOOT!

I wonder if "Big House" would expand to 150k too? Boy, that would be hottest rivlary between two schools in the nation!


bah!
http://www.mgoblue.com/document_display ... t_id=21558

Look at bright side, few more thousand mich fans watch Ohio State kick their team's ass. :lol:

[NME]SANDMAN wrote:99 days until 2006 college football season starts!!!

Dammit, cant wait for the kickoff!
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

User avatar
[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Contact:

Post by [NME]Myth » Fri May 26, 2006 5:31 pm

[NME]SANDMAN wrote:99 days until 2006 college football season starts!!!


Too long! I'm so frickin sick of baseball already.

Bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds
bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds bonds
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

User avatar
Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Post by Dictator » Mon May 29, 2006 1:11 pm

Keep your filthy baseball stuff off the holy college football thread! Bonds sucks. :mad:
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

User avatar
[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Contact:

Post by [NME]Myth » Mon May 29, 2006 2:45 pm

Dictator wrote:Bonds sucks. :mad:


So does baseball. :evil:

Back to football. If VT's QB and OL have their act together, we may be pretty good this year.
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Post Reply