Pet Peeves

Open forum for..whatever...

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:11 pm

:evil: Tidewater Rain Traffic :evil:

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
GGGGGGGH!

I feel better. But just a little. Luckily it will only toke a little longer to feel better. :wink:
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:20 pm

TIDEWATER TRAFFIC! It rains a drop and GOD forbid it snows, because these cut-off KING, gerkin jerkin', uni-brow, fart sniffing, cut-off, yield sign ignoring, cell phoning, rubber-necking, K-mart driver's license bearing, grandma doinking, Rap listening, speeding, wreckless, no-looker, unaware jerk off, stupid, non-penis bearing, in-bred, backwards underwear wearing, moronic, ass whiping, Budweiser drinking, pee slurping, cat-scan needin', lack luster, lane changin', brake slammin', low IQ havin', MOTHER SCRUMMERS drive like SCRUMM!

:microwave:
Last edited by Lori on Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OH! Purrrrrrrrrrrr-rrr-----rrrr-----rr!

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:29 pm

:o Don't hold back, let us know how you really feel :wink:

PEACE K :cheers:

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:34 pm

Hey K ! dats de POINT!

WOOT! :P
OH! Purrrrrrrrrrrr-rrr-----rrrr-----rr!

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:30 pm

Mrs.,

Seriously, I'd like to take a ride around there with you and Papa. You can drive and swear, and Papa can provide colorful commentary/translation, or possibly CPR. LOL :o

8)

PapaNoel
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by PapaNoel » Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:56 pm

You hit 'da nail right on 'da head! :bad-words:
If you hear someone on your roof, It's just me taking a leak.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:25 pm

I replaced the headlights in my car with strobe lights.
Now it looks like I'm the only one moving. :wink:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:29 pm

Cool. I put black lights in mine. Can sure see those white and yellow lines well, but can't see anything else!

8)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:56 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:Rule 1: Don't pick the line with the fat F**K in it. These are the people that order a pound of fries then try to sue for being too fat!

:gunna:

GAWD, it's getting so bad that they have to pass a law.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/03/10/fat.l ... index.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The House of Representatives on Wednesday will take up a bill that would block so-called "frivolous" lawsuits that accuse fast-food chains and other segments of the food industry of causing obesity.

"If you eat a lot of food and get sick, it's your responsibility not the restaurant's," said DeLay.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Apple Sued Over Potential Hearing Loss

Post by boat » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:27 pm

multiple peeves...

courtesy slashdot...:

"A man is suing Apple, claiming that the iPod can cause hearing loss for those who use it." From the article: "The iPod players are 'inherently defective in design and are not sufficiently adorned with adequate warnings regarding the likelihood of hearing loss,' according to the complaint, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., on behalf of John Kiel Patterson of Louisiana. The suit, which Patterson wants certified as a class-action, seeks compensation for unspecified damages and upgrades that will make iPods safer.

:bad-words: :no:

also, while peeving...drivers who think theyre in a indy race or something and feel the need to take any kind of turns wide/loop out, thus slipping in your lane some causing you to tag the brakes :bad-words: and on a similar note...probably pet peeved before, but lane changers/turn makers who take their sweet time moving over, essentially taking up a lane and a half...jsut enough so taht you cant pass or anything...argh! :bad-words:

:drinking: 0X

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: Apple Sued Over Potential Hearing Loss

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:55 pm

boat wrote:multiple peeves...

courtesy slashdot...:

"A man is suing Apple, claiming that the iPod can cause hearing loss for those who use it." From the article: "The iPod players are 'inherently defective in design and are not sufficiently adorned with adequate warnings regarding the likelihood of hearing loss,' according to the complaint, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., on behalf of John Kiel Patterson of Louisiana. The suit, which Patterson wants certified as a class-action, seeks compensation for unspecified damages and upgrades that will make iPods safer.

:bad-words: :no:

also, while peeving...drivers who think theyre in a indy race or something and feel the need to take any kind of turns wide/loop out, thus slipping in your lane some causing you to tag the brakes :bad-words: and on a similar note...probably pet peeved before, but lane changers/turn makers who take their sweet time moving over, essentially taking up a lane and a half...jsut enough so taht you cant pass or anything...argh! :bad-words:

:drinking: 0X

lmao! i think this same thing every day to & from work. lemme add to this...

the jackass indy racer who turns wide/tight on a road that is already too narrow and just barely fits two cars side by side, thus almost causing ya to go in the ditch.

the slow lane changers that do so at a traffic signal causing you to miss the green light.

:ren1:
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: Apple Sued Over Potential Hearing Loss

Post by boat » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:10 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:the slow lane changers that do so at a traffic signal causing you to miss the green light.

:ren1:

exactly...case in point. they have their own turning lane to get out of traffic, yet they gradually get over into the lane at their own leisure, not fully into the turning lane until theyre actually making the turn... 0X :roll:

you

Post by you » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:25 pm

ROAD RAGE! :fist:

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:34 pm

first off, keep out guest no one asked you ;)

I totally agree with you T and Boat, Drives me crazy when dumbasses (no matter what size their cars are) can't seem to fit into the turning lane. Ass end always sticks out. :cuss1:

:cheers:
PEACE K

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:00 am

KUMITE wrote:first off, keep out guest no one asked you ;)

I totally agree with you T and Boat, Drives me crazy when dumbasses (no matter what size their cars are) can't seem to fit into the turning lane. Ass end always sticks out. :cuss1:

:cheers:

Be careful, Kumite. Always check your rear mirror or Puppet will get you! :look1:
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:17 pm

ignorantly expecting too much from too little...

...ive been thinking about getting a new cellphone lately and have been doing a bunch of research and reading a bunch of user reviews, etc. this one particular phone i was looking at seems pretty feature-rich...mp3 player, all that new cellphone broadband stuff (tv, music, etc downloads), camera, removable sd card, speakerphone, external stereo...which is what instigated this pet peeve...

some of these people writing their user reviews, have complaints like "not alot of base/punch from the external speakers", "speakerphone crackles when volume turned all the way up" etc, etc... argh! of course there wont be much base or punch from teh speakers...theyre fargin 1/2inch drivers, at best! and on top of that they built into a damned cellphone...no speaker cabinents or nothing. and of course the sound will crackle if you turn the volume up, that will happen with any speakers...they can only take so much power...and back to point 1, theyre only like 1/2inch drivers! argh! :bad-words:

while at it...the camera. most of these phones are 1.0-1.3 megapixel cameras, that are built into a cellphone...yet people complain about poor picture quality from the camera...er, derrrrrrrrr.... :roll: :x

</rant>

:drinking: :P

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:52 pm

boat wrote:ignorantly expecting too much from too little...

...ive been thinking about getting a new cellphone lately and have been doing a bunch of research and reading a bunch of user reviews, etc. this one particular phone i was looking at seems pretty feature-rich...mp3 player, all that new cellphone broadband stuff (tv, music, etc downloads), camera, removable sd card, speakerphone, external stereo...which is what instigated this pet peeve...

some of these people writing their user reviews, have complaints like "not alot of base/punch from the external speakers", "speakerphone crackles when volume turned all the way up" etc, etc... argh! of course there wont be much base or punch from teh speakers...theyre fargin 1/2inch drivers, at best! and on top of that they built into a damned cellphone...no speaker cabinents or nothing. and of course the sound will crackle if you turn the volume up, that will happen with any speakers...they can only take so much power...and back to point 1, theyre only like 1/2inch drivers! argh! :bad-words:

while at it...the camera. most of these phones are 1.0-1.3 megapixel cameras, that are built into a cellphone...yet people complain about poor picture quality from the camera...er, derrrrrrrrr.... :roll: :x

</rant>

:drinking: :P

yep, they're idjits. personally i look for phones with the fewest features. all i need is a phone that uses a SIM card, and can store names/numbers. wtf would i want to view web pages on a 2" screen? oh, i know, so i can complain about how bad the web pages look. :lol:
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:21 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:yep, they're idjits. personally i look for phones with the fewest features. all i need is a phone that uses a SIM card, and can store names/numbers. wtf would i want to view web pages on a 2" screen? oh, i know, so i can complain about how bad the web pages look. :lol:

but theyre making these phones so danged cheap and feature-rich now, why not :pbt: :wink:

thats where im stradling the fence. ive been using sprint, and doing some research, apparently like only verizon and sprint use the same technology (cdma) thats pretty much used only in the US, as its proprietary...so if anyone wanted to use it they have to pay royalties and such. whereas pretty much the rest of hte world use a standards based techinology, tdma (typcially just called gsm). this is the tech that uses the SIM cards. the cdma tech doesnt have that sort of feature (yet. i think that some phone maker is working on a SIM type card for cdma)...so if i get a new phone, i have to deactivate my old phone and activate the new phone, whereas with the gsm based phones, its justa matter of swapping out the SIM card...and can switch phones around if needed, if say one of them died. getting a new cdma phone essentially makes the old phone useless :evil: and there are "unlocked" or "world" gsm phones out there, where you can take your phone to another country and just purchase like a prepaid SIM card to stick in it and use your phone, avoiding international rates. and then theres a nice little list of "versus" between the technologies...such as cdma phones require less power, thus giving off less radiation or whatnot...plus cdma towers/phones supposedly have a farther range, and the call clarity is supposed to be better as well. and cdma is supposed to have a higher bandwidth in terms of data services. plus what sold me when i first got the phone was the broader coverage that was offered.

and from what i read/understood, the userbase is part motivator for the lack of innovation (read: features/gadgets/etc, cooler phones) witht he cdma based...seeing how pretty much the rest of the world, including the US, use gsm/tdma standards based technology, whereas cdma is pretty much in the US. so theres just a bigger market to produce and innovate phones in the gsm/tdma market. :-?

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:30 pm

boat wrote:and there are "unlocked" or "world" gsm phones out there, where you can take your phone to another country and just purchase like a prepaid SIM card to stick in it and use your phone, avoiding international rates.

That's true... i think all phones over here are all GSM too. But be carefull, not just any GSM phone will work in other countries, because the phone itself has to support the local frequency also. Like i bought a T-Mobile(GSM) prepaid phone in NY, but it won't work here in Holland apearently, because it doesn't support our frequencies. :(
Tri-band phones will work in Europe and the U.S., and quad-band phones will also work in most asian countries.
Parad®σιd

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:10 am

boat wrote:
[NME]T-Bone wrote:yep, they're idjits. personally i look for phones with the fewest features. all i need is a phone that uses a SIM card, and can store names/numbers. wtf would i want to view web pages on a 2" screen? oh, i know, so i can complain about how bad the web pages look. :lol:

but theyre making these phones so danged cheap and feature-rich now, why not :pbt: :wink:

thats where im stradling the fence. ive been using sprint, and doing some research, apparently like only verizon and sprint use the same technology (cdma) thats pretty much used only in the US, as its proprietary...so if anyone wanted to use it they have to pay royalties and such. whereas pretty much the rest of hte world use a standards based techinology, tdma (typcially just called gsm). this is the tech that uses the SIM cards. the cdma tech doesnt have that sort of feature (yet. i think that some phone maker is working on a SIM type card for cdma)...so if i get a new phone, i have to deactivate my old phone and activate the new phone, whereas with the gsm based phones, its justa matter of swapping out the SIM card...and can switch phones around if needed, if say one of them died. getting a new cdma phone essentially makes the old phone useless :evil: and there are "unlocked" or "world" gsm phones out there, where you can take your phone to another country and just purchase like a prepaid SIM card to stick in it and use your phone, avoiding international rates. and then theres a nice little list of "versus" between the technologies...such as cdma phones require less power, thus giving off less radiation or whatnot...plus cdma towers/phones supposedly have a farther range, and the call clarity is supposed to be better as well. and cdma is supposed to have a higher bandwidth in terms of data services. plus what sold me when i first got the phone was the broader coverage that was offered.

and from what i read/understood, the userbase is part motivator for the lack of innovation (read: features/gadgets/etc, cooler phones) witht he cdma based...seeing how pretty much the rest of the world, including the US, use gsm/tdma standards based technology, whereas cdma is pretty much in the US. so theres just a bigger market to produce and innovate phones in the gsm/tdma market. :-?

my phone has a SIM card and is GSM. it also has web crap and miscellaneous junk, but i never use any of the features and i had the carrier turn off the web feature. i just want my phone to be a phone.