Pet Peeves

Open forum for..whatever...

Moderators: boat, rickh

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Pet Peeves

Post by Lori » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:19 pm

This should be a great outlet for all you out there that jjust need to let off some steam or vent. I know, I know, we all have something thats bothering us, even just a little. SO here goes.

My first Pet Peeve? I rate it as a 5 star pet peeve.
:agrue:
Mean Office People. or, Jerks At WERK.

They suck. They're rude, sometimes actually menacing and back stabbing! Some how, some way, even at the COOLEST of jobs, there isis always a few office people who have to spoil it for every one and act like ass holes just because they're having a crappy time at home and have to take it out on the person at the front desk, the person who answers the phone, the person who fixes things, or is burning the candle at both ends and is already tired and beaten like an old pack mule at a coal mine. Or they act like meanies just because they CAN. Gossipping, catty bitches, Rumor starting jerks, bastards out on the take.

So, between the hours of 7am to 7pm, they can't drive worth a crap and are constantly screaming at everyone on the road as an outlet for their frustrations because they had a bad day at the Office. So inaddition to the 8 hours of sucking at the office, well, they make it a POINT to SUCK
, before and after work as well. THey can't seem to be pleasant to any one. And if they weren't kissing the boss's ass so much they'd probably be kissing the sidewalk, but some how YOu, (the normal guy) always ends up leaving the job before they do, even when you're the good guy.

Office Personell. It's a BAD thing. :fist:
OH! Purrrrrrrrrrrr-rrr-----rrrr-----rr!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:58 pm

oh lawd - what kinda pent up well have you tapped into!? :wink: :P

as a matter of fact, the main reason one of my coworkers left/transferred this week, was because of someone else almost exactly like that :cry: but that's a long story unto itself

<>

FORKING BAD DRIVERS!? I can rant all day about this... :evil: :fist: Bad drivers are really the only thing that will truly piss me off... lets name off the types:

-theres the guy that drives the speed limit in the "passing" lane, and refuses to move...

-theres the guy who pulls out right in fron of you, even though youre the only person travelling down the 4 lane road...

-then theres his cousin that decides to pull out right infront of you, just so he can turn again at the next block...keep in mind that if he waited for you to pass first, he had an empty road, where he wouldnt have disturbed anyone...

-then there's both of those guys' stepbrother who brakes/slows down for like half a mile, leaving you to exclaim "what the hell is going on up there!?" and then you find out he was just turning...can you say "turn signal please"?

-and teh ones who are apparently petrified of any kind of tunnel/bridge, so the traffic backs up for miles, only to dissipate during the ascent of the tunnel (thazright, ive been subjected to HRBT traffic :wink: :P :evil: )

-and then the forking idiots who have no concept of merging, and their buddies who refuse to let them in, thus escalating the problem...

-and that lonely fool who comes to a complete stop at the front of a 1/4 mile long accelleration lane!!

-then you have his best friend, who's the guy thats the only one on the highway, but he stays in the right lane, as youre trying to get on the friggin interstate!! "Move over! Please"

...i'd better stop now, before i get all worked up b4 catching up with teh noels...Lord knows that the Mercury/64 interchange is gonna be a bear :evil: :(

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:12 pm

Well Put, Boat...well Put...

THen there are just the general airheads.

I don't know if you heard the true story about some crazy broad that ran over some guy in his front yard while his wife was watching, and KILLED him for cutting her off.

Those people are getting more and more common every day.

You are taking your farging life in your hands!

And, I was think ing that on all job applications there should be Yes and No questions that go like this:

Are you a BItch/Shithead? Y N

Do you Gossip and spread rumors? Y N

Would you sleep with your boss in order to be able to be powerful? Y N

Having a hard time getting laid by the wife at home? Y N

Do you enjoy torturing people for the sheer thrill of it? Y N

Have you backstabbed any one in the last 2 years? Y N

Can you mind your own business? Y N

Etc Etc ETc :-?

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:42 pm

You really hit the nail on the head boat. Bad Drivers. what to say what to say.... Maybe our area just sucks, but...

You forgot about the @#$#@'s in the lane next to you that accelerate into your blind spot when you signal your intentions to change into their lane.

Then there are the "team" drivers that are both in the right lane and as you are about to pass them, the rear driver gets over and forms a ROLLING ROADBLOCK.

Then there's the old guy that cuts you off, so you honk the horn at him, so he slows down and rolls down his window and calls you and your friend "stupid @#$@$", so your friend yells back, "Yeah, well @#$#@ you". Okay, well maybe that one is just me. :lol:

I also can't stand, what I termed, being "Caddied". You know, when you are stopping for a light and then notice you just stopped behind a cadillac. You know it's an old driver, and you know they're going to be driving 25 in a 45. You don't even have to be stopping at a light. If you look up and see a Caddie in front you, you have been "Caddied".

Then there's the dumbarses that are so GD afraid to pass a police car that is going less than the speed limit so the entire roadway is going 35 in a 45.

Then there's the GD police officer, that is doing that @#$# on purpose.

Okay, look what you guys did. Now I gotta go take my medicine. :silly:
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:44 pm

I think boat has covered all my bases, but I have to add an event that happened to me Monday as I'm driving across the state to get Jason back to his mother. I see this a lot and all I have to say is they need to get rid of these 18 wheelers and go back to using trains!

I 'm in the right lane and I see a truck about 3/4 mile down the road doing about 55 (never mind the speed limit is 65). There is another truck less than 100 feet behind him doing about 58. Did I mention I'm doing 80-85? Now I'm closing in fast so about 300 feet behind this truck I signal and jump in the left lane. The truck driver, the one doing 58 decides that the one doing 55 is just too slow so of course he jumps in the left lane - right in front of me. Now I have to kick the brakes which just irks me to death since I like to drive with the cruise control on. Now if you've done the math in your head already you know it takes this moron like 8 miles just to pass this friggin other truck. Why don't they just let us pass before doing something stupid like that! :bad-words:

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:41 pm

Boat, you hit the nail right on the head. Bad drivers truly suck a** :evil:

I for one hate those that need to cut you off and turn at the corner, especially when theres no one behind you :fist:

PEACE K

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:16 pm

Boat, and Myth:

It MUST be the area. I used to live 4 miles from DC, was raised there, and nothing compares to the drivers here, even in the deepest parts of DC. Nothing., is as bad or pissy poor as the drivers in and around Hampton ORads. I think this place has bad water or people just get their driver's licenses from fricking K mart.
:drinking:
Or they don't know the difference between Fishing Licenses or Drivers licenses. :x

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:46 pm

A big peeve of mine is Azzholes that blame society for everything and think they are owed something in return.

That dang Taco Bell made me FAT Time to sue.

WTF people. Wake up and smell the :morning:

It drives me CrAzY! :snipersmile:

PapaNoel
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by PapaNoel » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:52 pm

I dunno if I should laff my ass off, or nod in solemn agreement..... :-?
If you hear someone on your roof, It's just me taking a leak.

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:21 pm

Papa-you can always just nod your ass off in solemn agreement.

Also, Pet PEEVE:

Besides what T-Bone said, WHich is one of my Pet peeves as well, there are animal abusers.

You read every day about people who set cats on fire, (baking them alive on charcoal Grills in TExas....)
Beating and starving and raping their pets. Hanging them from nooses. Torturing their Dogs.
Having 70 cats but not caring for them or feeding them. Cramming Gerbils and hamsters in their Asses for sexual purposes!.

All kinds of outrageous, hideous, unthinkable things like that, and there are virtually NO laws to protect our critters.

I think these "people" should be set on fire, then tossed in a pool of pirhana.

It makes me literally sick to my stomach.

:evil:

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:23 pm

raping their pets

What are you insinuating Lori?!? I was only helping "Ewedora" over that fence... Honest! :oops:

:lol:

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:41 pm

Ewwwwwwww (e)
Tony! Where's my Felsnaptha soap so I can scrub myself raw after that!?

Pet Peeve....

Several times in the news recently I'm seeing, these dang idiots that leave their children in the car alone so they can get napped or bake to death.

What is with them? :puppydogeyes:

People shouldn't procreate until they have passed rigerous testing in every conceivable area of their lives, be poked and probed and prodded and have been approved by experts. Granted, I wouldn't be here if that was the case, but the point is, why do dumbass shit heads with brains that rattle around like a bb in a box car have kids? ANd then their kids carry the torch of ignorance and cruelty and have kids of their own, and so on and so on....

:fist:

Geez! :-?

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:25 pm

Mrs. Noel wrote:Several times in the news recently I'm seeing, these dang idiots that leave their children in the car alone so they can get napped or bake to death.

that was just a damned shame....only because she couldnt find a baby-sitter!?

anyone abusing something that cant readily abuse back, should be a peeve for anybody :evil: :cry:

nother pet peeve:
Idiots....just, idiots. Or at least folks without common sense. Ive known/know some pretty smart people, you know, straight A's in school, etc, but they dont have any common sense to save their azz's. ...I'd give some examples, but the pot is just toooo big, that i cant even pick one just for show :-? :P

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:33 pm

:wink:
:stone:
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:46 pm

Hokies... is that a short form for Hocus Pocus? Poof!!! Vanished in thin air! :scatter:

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:09 pm

Apparently the thought wasn't a favorite so I had to hurry up and fix it before I appeared in that DOLT thread!

btw, my vote goes to Mike Tyson. Thank goodness Lewis beat the pulp outta him. May we never see him again. :stone:
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:59 pm

oy ve. dunno if this is a pet peeve or more of just a plain annoyance...

go to a fastfood joint, or anywhere else that there are multiple checkout lines...and you picke the slowest friggin cashier/lane/line there is, even thought there were only like 2 people in line!! dunno if its just a bad cashier, slow customer, someone ordering 20 different meals, all customized or some combination thereof....but..Grrrrr! I picke dhte shortest line! why is everyone else done/gone?! :cry:

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:05 pm

Rule 1: Don't pick the line with the fat F**K in it. These are the people that order a pound of fries then try to sue for being too fat!

:gunna:

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:50 pm

OR THE CASHIER thats so dumb they look like they had a powerful experimental mind erasing drug right before their shift.

I also hate being shorted in the drive thru.

:evil:

When I go to the grocery store with PAPA, I feel like taking that rubber thing that separates your stuff from some one elses stuff and put one behind me and one in front of me..

THey should have special grocery stores for OLD PEOPLE, ( along with lanes on highways, and parking spaces for the elderly WAAAAY in the back so they won't drive or park near your cars).

Or as some one said as a vietnam vet screamed at him, " I can do what ever the F*(*(K I want! I went to war and almost DIED for your stupid ass, so if you don't like my driving and my attitude, SCREW YOU!!!" Answer: "Too bad they didn't have better aim, Jerk off!"

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Wed Aug 21, 2002 6:13 pm

I can't stand it when I'm checking out at a grocery store or department store with a long line and they only have 1 or 2 out of 20 cash registers going.

"What is up with THAT?" :-? :roll:
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!