Open forum for..whatever...

Moderators: boat, rickh

g00se
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle
antibot: Negative

Hi Guys!

Post by g00se » Thu May 21, 2009 1:03 pm

Wow, it has been a loong time. I guess this may go unanswered but just in case, please respond---I'm glad to have found your boards. Hope you remember me ---I remember you.

Well, Kind Regards,
g00se

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: Hi Guys!

Post by boat » Thu May 21, 2009 10:19 pm

ha ha...wudup? as you may have noticed things be a wee dormant...tfc aint what she used to be :P ;)

so what the hell happened to ya? :pbt: anything exciting? a few of us moved into battlefield2 territory once tfc died down.

-boat

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Fri May 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Hello Goose i remember you, but who is this taobemn character? :o :lol: :D

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sat May 23, 2009 5:18 pm

ask your mom, she knows alll too well...ifyaknowwhatimean...

;)

oot oot!

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Sat May 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Yeah, she mentioned that you were a "two pump chump" :lol:

g00se
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by g00se » Sun May 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Great to hear from you! --post dates were a while back so I thought I missed out on getting to say 'hi'. Man, I miss TFC and the good ol NME East Coast servers! Nothing has come close ---only CTF, etc variations, some good...
So, after a long time away from online gaming, I eventually reinstalled TFC, and picked up on some decent bots (named them all after you guys! hehe) and had some fun playing TFC lan games. That eventually led me to Steam where I saw news of TF2 (wow, it looked much different than the TF2 teaser pics) anyhow, FF seemed much closer to our game so that's where I've been lately. I've been wondering if anyone from our gang would show up, but that hasn't happened yet so I ran a search and found this forum. (I've searched for our website, but that must have gone down a ways back...)

You guys ever try Fortress Forever?
pEaCe,

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Mon May 25, 2009 12:15 am

I like FF.Though Its been in TF2's shawdow since they were both released. I think FF is the better of the two games, but their is little to no activity. Some of the remaining NME members were playing TF2, but i think since then they have gone back to Battlefield 2.

Late

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon May 25, 2009 10:44 pm

ha...i think i saw you on a server earlier when i was waiting for biatch, er, sandman to get his FF installed/straight...unless there's another g00se :P ;) i forget the server name...was one of the only ones that was populated...i tried to join but couldnt because of reserve slots :roll:

g00se
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by g00se » Tue May 26, 2009 4:55 pm

It was probably me :lol: ---but I imagine there have been many who caught on to using such an awesome nick :o but I still believe I was the first with two zero's 8)

I'm usually on the o-t servers, which is usually full too :-? Put me on your steam friend list or send an invite. We can hook up some time for old times sake. The o-t also run TF2 and TFC servers ---a good bunch of guys and gals that keep the game clean and fun, like our NME server had been :D FF seems closer to TFC --as it gets, it's now up to 2.3 with 2.4 around the corner which may have some new (TFC classic) maps and other improvements.

Hope to see you there, all NME are like family --would be cool (Battlefield 2? any good? :) meh.. :x hehe) Yeah, I remember when Sys gave us some sort of [NME] privs that kicked low scoring spamming noobs off when we tried to connect (is that true or false?).

Laterz,

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue May 26, 2009 10:32 pm

ha. i dunno...youre the only "g00se" that i can ever recall, in just about any game i've played. same with the name g00p too :P ;)

i tried adding g00se and your email to no avail :? mine is..."boat" :pbt: yeah, FF is what TF2 should have been, though i do like some aspects of TF2 and can understand some of the changes they implemented with it. i think they pulled a fast one on FF with the release of TF2 and just borked those guys over in doing so :roll:

yeah, battlefield2 is pretty kewl...tanks, planes, choppers, cars, etc :pbt: havent played in a few days though for some reason...been playing a little company of heroes. ya know, sometimes ya gotta take a short breather with a change of pace for a coupla days :P ;)

yeah, lucky for you and sandman, NME couldnt reprimand NME...

oh, burn.

:pbt:

g00se
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by g00se » Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 pm

ha. i dunno...youre the only "g00se" that i can ever recall, in just about any game i've played. same with the name g00p too

I remember g00p! Yeah, truth be known that I tried using zero's for fun but at the time he was c00l with it, so history could then be written, hehe.
i tried adding g00se and your email to no avail mine is..."boat" yeah, FF is what TF2 should have been, though i do like some aspects of TF2 and can understand some of the changes they implemented with it. i think they pulled a fast one on FF with the release of TF2 and just borked those guys over in doing so
Weird, something might be 'fowl' with g00se, but I'll try to search up 'boat' next time I get on. I agree, TF2 looks pretty fun in a different way ---while FF has its more serious sides, etc. I personally just like TFC ---and FF seems like a closer next-step that keeps the TFC rock-paper-scissors feel..
yeah, battlefield2 is pretty kewl...tanks, planes, choppers, cars, etc havent played in a few days though for some reason...been playing a little company of heroes. ya know, sometimes ya gotta take a short breather with a change of pace for a coupla days

I searched up some game shots, ---yeah that looks awesome..! I can see why our NME group went that direction (hope they gave or will give FF a shot if not already)

Laters,

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu May 28, 2009 10:39 pm

g00se wrote:
yeah, battlefield2 is pretty kewl...tanks, planes, choppers, cars, etc havent played in a few days though for some reason...been playing a little company of heroes. ya know, sometimes ya gotta take a short breather with a change of pace for a coupla days

I searched up some game shots, ---yeah that looks awesome..! I can see why our NME group went that direction (hope they gave or will give FF a shot if not already)

Laters,
well, the NME group didnt quite transition to BF2...once TFC started to dissolve, so did NME :? especially after EC1 went on a hiatus, as there wasnt quite that "home" anymore. though grummun was kind enough to furnish a server, but things never really quite picked back up :( a few of us ventured into a few other games (CoD, BF2, etc), but we mainly kept the tag for convenience, hell, i got a post about it 'round here somewheres...here we go.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri May 29, 2009 12:22 pm

Doh, I guess I'm a little late on the replies. It's good to hear from you g00se. Nice to hear from some long time members. I've kinda been on hiatus since september, but up until then I've mostly been playing TF2. I tried FF for a lil while, but they didn't have the membership that TF2 has. I still have FF installed, although I'm sure it needs updated. I need to get back into TF2 though as there have been lots of updates, new maps, and achievments added since september.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

g00se
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by g00se » Fri May 29, 2009 6:18 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:Doh, I guess I'm a little late on the replies. It's good to hear from you g00se. Nice to hear from some long time members. I've kinda been on hiatus since september, but up until then I've mostly been playing TF2. I tried FF for a lil while, but they didn't have the membership that TF2 has. I still have FF installed, although I'm sure it needs updated. I need to get back into TF2 though as there have been lots of updates, new maps, and achievments added since september.
Hi T-Bone! Man it's good to hear from you, boat and sandman :D . Wish we had more, where are all the usual suspects..? But hey, that's three (hold it, 1,2,3 ..and 4 counting me :o ) We should plan a TFC get together sometime (sure that's probably been suggested already a time or two). o-t are planning a neo TFC game this Friday (guess that's tonight) but I don't have it installed...

I think an FF update is coming up soon (they've updated a few times since I've tried the game) so maybe it'll pick up more players :( . I know there are some or will be some new updates for TF2 but then I haven't actually played the game since FF fills all my gaming needs. :lol:

Cheers,

g00se
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by g00se » Fri May 29, 2009 6:27 pm

boat wrote: well, the NME group didnt quite transition to BF2...once TFC started to dissolve, so did NME :? especially after EC1 went on a hiatus, as there wasnt quite that "home" anymore. though grummun was kind enough to furnish a server, but things never really quite picked back up :( a few of us ventured into a few other games (CoD, BF2, etc), but we mainly kept the tag for convenience, hell, i got a post about it 'round here somewheres...here we go.
Wow, guess I've missed a lot of the happenings ---good to see that you guys have hung together or at least have a place to connect when you all get a chance. In my humble opinon, the NME and EC1 were the best-- :D the best place to play as it was a good clean and friendly server (always hard to find and maintain) :o

I like my NME tag, glad I was one of the few who were able to wear it. 8)

Peace,

Cobra
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Cobra » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Yes, I'm still alive. Was going thru my favorites and found the forum, thought I would say howdy. Here I am last Sept. at our Mustang show with my RZR being used as a golf cart.
Hope everyone is good.

Dennis

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Sweet, nice lookin... golf cart? :lol:
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 pm

was about to say, that doesn't quite look like a mustang... :look3:

that's the Biltmore estate isn't it?

Cobra
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Cobra » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Yup, We had a Mustang Club of America national show on the Biltmore grounds. Limited to 500 stangs, had to turn them away.
I'm about 15 minutes from the house.

Speedy

Post by Speedy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:47 am

The g00se!! seems like you were another one of those guys I didn't want to run into on my way to get flag.. lol

Old [NME]Speedy here.. now go by "Anonymous" and still play TFC, usually on Drippy's 2-Fort.

Haven't been on these forums for a while. prob. should update my email...