Steam/wads

A place for mapping ideas, resources, tips, howto's, questions, answer...

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]PlayerX
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Steam/wads

Post by [NME]PlayerX » Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:16 pm

Ok I just formatted my HD so I no longer have my old C:/Sierra folder Just the new Valve folder.I'm trying to set Hammer back up but where the hell are my wad files?

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:07 pm

they are in the gcf files... :roll: that 'nem tools' link i posted has a gcf viewer/extractor...unless theres a way to link the gcf files in hammer :-? :?:

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:16 pm

You can get it here along with a small overview of the setting up of Hammer with Steam...
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

[NME]PlayerX
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]PlayerX » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:04 pm

Ok...New question...How do you start a single play TFC game so I can use gl_wireframe? I'v tried binging down console and typeing map mapname but after map loads it still says "can't use wireframe in multiplayer mode" er...

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:19 pm

could try using "deathmatch 0" while in game/map, or maybe using the "-dev" commandline flag :?:

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:42 am

[NME]PlayerX wrote:Ok...New question...How do you start a single play TFC game so I can use gl_wireframe? I'v tried binging down console and typeing map mapname but after map loads it still says "can't use wireframe in multiplayer mode" er...
I am not sure on this, as I still use my old version of TFC to do the Mapping, but I think if you go into steam in off-line mode that will do the trick. The way I do this is to disable my NIC card before starting Steam. once in Steam I go to TFC and start up the game(not loading a map yet) then once TFC has loaded go to console and type "map<space>mapname"

Like I said I am not completely sure about the later part of this but I do know that disabling the NIC before you start up STeam will put you in off-line mode. Once you have started steam in off-line mode you can re-enable your NIC and you will stay in off-line mode until you exit and re-enter steam..... There probably is a setting you can choose in Steam to go into off-line mode, I haven't found or looked for it though :-?

G/L let us know what you come up with..

0X
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:42 pm

[NME]PlayerX wrote:Ok...New question...How do you start a single play TFC game so I can use gl_wireframe? I'v tried binging down console and typeing map mapname but after map loads it still says "can't use wireframe in multiplayer mode" er...
hrm, well i jsut tried and it worked...make sure u havent already started a game though...:

just go to 'play games' and select team fortress classic, then at the front page hit the console key and 'map mapname', and it should work. :)