Hammer Question

A place for mapping ideas, resources, tips, howto's, questions, answer...

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]PlayerX
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]PlayerX » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:33 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:i have no idea how to make maps or use hammer, but i believe that wav files contain a loop attribute. if this attribute is on, there may be no way to prevent the wav from looping. if the loop attribute is off, it can probably still be looped via software, sort of like turning on the "repeat" button in winamp or media player.
ahhh...I had a feeling it had to have somethin to do with the way the wav file was made.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:39 am

so it is the way i created the wav file....? i guess ill have to revisit the software manual...... thanks.....

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:41 am

Anonymous wrote:so it is the way i created the wav file....? i guess ill have to revisit the software manual...... thanks.....
:oops: ;)
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:41 am

Anonymous wrote:so it is the way i created the wav file....? i guess ill have to revisit the software manual...... thanks.....
...figures...a lowly ole "Guest" didnt do something as simple as RTFM... :roll: :P ;)

:drinking: 0X

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:51 am

boat wrote:
...figures...a lowly ole "Guest" didnt do something as simple as RTFM... :roll: :P ;)

:drinking: 0X

Hey boat, give "Guest" some credits. He admitted he should do some RTFM. :icu: :P
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:58 am

Rork wrote:ok here should be an easy one.... ;) how do i get a sound that is playing to continue looping...? the "do NOT loop" flag is not selected...
Do you mean infinite loop? Doesn't it bother people if the sound won't stop playing during the map?
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:01 am

Dictator wrote:
Rork wrote:ok here should be an easy one.... ;) how do i get a sound that is playing to continue looping...? the "do NOT loop" flag is not selected...
Do you mean infinite loop? Doesn't it bother people if the sound won't stop playing during the map?
well yes i think it may be kinda bothersome.. but i would like to know how it is done.... ;) :P

as for you boat..... :fist: :roll: :P

!biA biA!

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:28 am

welp this is [proving to be much more confusing/difficult to do then i'd hoped.. i even downloaded the program that the verc suggested and still cant figure out how to get the file to save these cue points,.... :oops: :P :-?

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:10 pm

Rork wrote:welp this is [proving to be much more confusing/difficult to do then i'd hoped.. i even downloaded the program that the verc suggested and still cant figure out how to get the file to save these cue points,.... :oops: :P :-?
what exactly are u trying to do? is it a sound for just one room or is it going to play anywhere in the map or what? :? :?:

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:41 pm

boat wrote:
Rork wrote:welp this is [proving to be much more confusing/difficult to do then i'd hoped.. i even downloaded the program that the verc suggested and still cant figure out how to get the file to save these cue points,.... :oops: :P :-?
what exactly are u trying to do? is it a sound for just one room or is it going to play anywhere in the map or what? :? :?:
it plays everywhere...... or at least thats the flag I have ticked... its just a piece of a song that i would like to continuley play.. i have not been able to get it to do just that. it starts up when i start the map but once it has played once it doesnt start back up.. its just an ambiance_generic, and there aren't any triggers or buttons to tell the engine to play it.. I understand the principle behind the cue points thing, I think :-? i just can't figure out how to get them to work.. :oops:

!biA biA!