Wacth it at the movies and buy it
18%

Total votes: 11

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

StarWars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Post by Darth DBII » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:34 pm

this is the third and final instalment in the starwars saga :cry: , but looks to be better ten them I & II, it comes out May 19, 2005

Heres a movie of it RotS movie
Few will follow you into death....few unless you go first.

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:08 am

I've been anticipating this movie for 5 years now. Damn shame they cast Hayden Christianson for the role, though. Johnathan Jackson would have done a much better job. Hayden's acting is kinda flat...
Anyway....I'm looking as forward to this as I was when the ORIGINAL one came out.
Did you know that when it first came out, it was simply called "Star Wars"? It wasn't considered "Episode IV" until it was released on video(starting at $85.99) I remember seeing it twice in the theaters(in its original form)...one of which was a drive-in.
I remember when the big question on everyones mind was, "IS Darth Vader Lukes father?!"
I've seen the trailers for ROTS, and I'm really anticipating seeing it all come together. Although, I'll be looking for flaws in the story...but I'm sure Lucas did a good bit of that himself. ;)
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:16 am

Wow...i always thought that it was called EP IV... wlell you learn something new everyday....

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:28 am

this is the third and final instalment

actually, it's the sixth. don't forget star wars, the empire strikes back, & return of the jedi. ;)

Did you know that when it first came out, it was simply called "Star Wars"? It wasn't considered "Episode IV"

actually, i thought it was always episode four... see the opening "in a galaxy far far away". it did not however have a title "a new hope" until "phantom menace" came out. i hate what they did by editing the sfx in the original star wars and prefer to watch the original unedited version of the movie. it's just not the same after having watched it at least 6 times in the theater back in '76. ;)

-Bumble-
Toddler Barnacle
Toddler Barnacle

Post by -Bumble- » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:06 pm

If you have still got copies of the original three (simply unfooled-around-with, as a fellow Star Wars nut likes to say), is there any way that I might come by copies of yours (or land a set of my own)? Thanks for the help, I've been searching for some time.

-Bumble-
The bumble bee cannot fly...
but no one ever told him that.

[Let the wild rumpus start!]

E-Mail: mailto:GroovesEthnikon@gmail.com
AIM: GroovesEthnikon

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:43 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:
this is the third and final instalment

actually, it's the sixth. don't forget star wars, the empire strikes back, & return of the jedi. ;)

Did you know that when it first came out, it was simply called "Star Wars"? It wasn't considered "Episode IV"

actually, i thought it was always episode four... see the opening "in a galaxy far far away". it did not however have a title "a new hope" until "phantom menace" came out. i hate what they did by editing the sfx in the original star wars and prefer to watch the original unedited version of the movie. it's just not the same after having watched it at least 6 times in the theater back in '76. ;)

Actually, it DID say that before the "Phantom Menace" came out...it was, I believe(though I'll have to check to confirm this), when the second printing came out. There is still a "first generation" set floating around out there on VHS, that simply calls it, "Star Wars", at least, I believe there is. Like I said, I'll have to check and find out.
I have a VERY old copy on VHS...along with the whole set of the THX series, and the "Enhanced Editions"...which I must say, worked very well in my eyes. They re-did the right things, and left the original concept and story intact. They updated the FX, without sacrificing the story to do it. I've seen the original version in excess of 500 times, and the newer version takes NOTHING away from it. This is about the only "re-do" I approve of. Because it did nothing but enhance the story. It didn't take stuff out, it told the same story, but with better FX.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:56 am

Bummble you can try and search E-Bay or goto starwars conventions like this Starwars Convetion EP III or goto their main site Starwars Home or goto the shopping part Starwars Shop I hope that helps you out a little.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:12 pm

I've been waiting a long time for this episode, too.

By the way, Hayden Christensen is a nice guy. He plays tennis at the club I work at. He's polite and friendly whenever we meet. He swings a mean racquet, too.

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:37 pm

Drew, I never said anything bad about him, himself...I can't cuz I don't know him. I've never seen anything else he's been in....but Episode II didn't help his case any...his acting was kinda flat. He could be the nicest guy in the world, for all I know...but he could have done a much better job in II. I'm hoping his work in III is much better. I'm willing to give him the chance.
I really do wish they'd reprise Qui-Gon's role a little(as a spirit)...that would be cool. I thought Liam Neeson did a great job...and Ewan McGreggar is awesome as Obi-Wan. With each movie he looks and acts like more Sir Alec Guiness.
-Me.

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:07 pm

KaptainSkitzo wrote:Drew, I never said anything bad about him, himself...I can't cuz I don't know him. I've never seen anything else he's been in....but Episode II didn't help his case any...his acting was kinda flat. He could be the nicest guy in the world, for all I know...but he could have done a much better job in II. I'm hoping his work in III is much better. I'm willing to give him the chance.
I really do wish they'd reprise Qui-Gon's role a little(as a spirit)...that would be cool. I thought Liam Neeson did a great job...and Ewan McGreggar is awesome as Obi-Wan. With each movie he looks and acts like more Sir Alec Guiness.

They where going to make Qui-gon come as a sprit and talk to Obi-Wan during the battle in the Sinkhole planet. Lucas though thought it wouldn't fit and threw it out.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:10 pm

No debate here. Kap'n, I was simply saying he was nice. I wasn't referring to your post.

Maybe if I said, "KAPTAIN/FLORIST, you're wrong. He's actually a nice guy." I didn't though. I made a simple character statement of what I know about him.

Also, I didn't even refer to either his acting or compare him to Jonathan Jackson. Please don't read into it more than it is. Thank you. :)

8)

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Sun May 01, 2005 2:50 pm

Oh, no debate was intended. I just wanted to clairify, didn't mean anything by it. You know I like ya Drew(even though I haven't seen you in the server for ages.) :P
Sorry about the tone of that message...I've been under a lot of stress lately.
-Me.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Mon May 02, 2005 1:28 pm

Yeah, I've been MIA for a while. The weekends are the only times I can get some free time to play... or maybe late at night. I miss the fun, but my other responsibilities keep me away. Once I'm done with school and find a better job, I'll have more time... Uh, no wait, another baby is on the way. Scratch that. Doh!!! :P

8)

Cochise
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Cochise » Tue May 03, 2005 10:50 am

Drewbacca wrote:Yeah, I've been MIA for a while. The weekends are the only times I can get some free time to play... or maybe late at night. I miss the fun, but my other responsibilities keep me away. Once I'm done with school and find a better job, I'll have more time... Uh, no wait, another baby is on the way. Scratch that. Doh!!! :P

8)

Don't worry Drew. I have been MIA for a while too. With my wife's work schedule change and with my kids playing baseball now, it seems like I never have time to play online.

Most important is family comes first.

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Fri May 06, 2005 7:22 pm

:smilecolros: :treat: :thewave: :saber: :duel:

Tickets go on sale 10:00 AM tomorrow for this "final" installment at my favorite theater here in Baltimore....the Senator Theater(Best theater in town, bar NONE!). I'll be hitting there right after work!

WOOHOO!!!!
-Me.

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Fri May 06, 2005 8:16 pm

Nice!!! i have to check my Theaters!!!!! Thanks for te tip Kaptian

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Fri May 06, 2005 8:56 pm

Oh yeah! I forgot, you live not too far from me. If you can talk yer dad into driving that far, the Senator Theater *IS* the place to see it. My step-daughter is camping out down there tonight...she is going to the midnight premier with a bunch of friends(she's 24)...so she said she'd pick up my ticket too. I'm waiting until that Saturday to go...I'll be working the other days. :-?
Absolutely the best theater in the area.
Check them out:
Senator Theater
-Me.

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Wed May 18, 2005 8:16 pm

TOMMAROW TOMMAROOW!!!!!!!! it coems out Tommarw (Midnight!)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed May 18, 2005 9:54 pm

our company buys tickets in bulk. i can get tickets for any movie for $5.00. 8)

...and no waiting in line. :ggrin:

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Thu May 19, 2005 9:33 am

I bought mine on the internet....TODAY TODAY TOADY :crazyeyes: :thewave:

GO STAR WARS!!!!!! :duel: :saber: