War of the Worlds re-make.

Movie junk...

Moderators: boat, rickh

Cochise
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

War of the Worlds re-make.

Post by Cochise » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:25 pm

For you old sci-fi b-movie buffs. This looks promising with a 200 million dollar movie budget which is the highest. Hopefully they spend it wisely.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount ... index.html

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:34 pm

wow...it looks aswome...thanksfor that website :P ...iwonder what tom cruise does in the movie...well thanks anywho

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:13 pm

I watched the trailer...but I don't get the "They're already here" bit...

I have my doubts about this....have any of you seen the original?
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:21 am

Looks pretty cool. Has to be better than Independence Day!
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Cochise
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Cochise » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:19 pm

KaptainSkitzo wrote:I watched the trailer...but I don't get the "They're already here" bit...

Not sure on that one. I have the original on VHS (don't laugh, I bought it before there were DVD's) and it is a colorized version. The original was in black and white and was made in 1952 but I do not see the tie between "they are already here". They must have twisted the original story line a bit to make the movie a bit more modern.

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:24 pm

hm...War of the Worlds reminds me like Half-Life 2 hm...well except Tom Cruise....maybe we will see some some head crabs...LOL

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:12 pm

Cochise wrote:
KaptainSkitzo wrote:I watched the trailer...but I don't get the "They're already here" bit...

Not sure on that one. I have the original on VHS (don't laugh, I bought it before there were DVD's) and it is a colorized version. The original was in black and white and was made in 1952 but I do not see the tie between "they are already here". They must have twisted the original story line a bit to make the movie a bit more modern.

Yeah, same thing they've done to ruin a lot of "old" movies/tv shows. The list is getting longer by the day(the new arrivals include): Battlestar Galactica(the series), War of the Worlds, I Dream of Jeanie(on the way), and Bewitched(another on the way).

As for the original WOTW, I recorded it off of TV, and I don't know about the B&W prints, I've only ever seen the color(ized) version. I thought the colors were they way they were because of the "early days of color"...I actually like the movie(colorized or not), it's got a decent story, some very good actors from the day, and good FX. The Martian ships look rather intimidating, and that "death ray" was something else!
The "WOTW Series" wasn't TOO bad, but could have been done better. I liked the actors, but the part about the Martians "wearing" people...that was kinda cheezy. I guess that's where MIB got the idea. :surp:

Oh yeah, I can't say anything about anyone's VHS collection, as I have over 4000 tapes around here.
:o
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:06 pm

i saw it, it was okay but it was kinda dumb, since Tom cruise got out of situations that would of really killed you...
Few will follow you into death....few unless you go first.

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:33 pm

Darth DBII wrote:i saw it, it was okay but it was kinda dumb, since Tom cruise got out of situations that would of really killed you...

Well that pretty much rules you out for liking any action/scifi/horror movies. :P:lol::wink:

I thought the first half of WOtW was great, the second half not-so-great. Especially the lame-o ending.
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Darq Angel
Pubescent Barnacle
Pubescent Barnacle

Post by Darq Angel » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:13 pm

[NME]Myth wrote:Well that pretty much rules you out for liking any action/scifi/horror movies. :P:lol::wink:

I thought the first half of WOtW was great, the second half not-so-great. Especially the lame-o ending.

I agree. The first half of the movie was really great then as soon as it it the second half, it went down hill and killed it with the crappy ending. But, they did keep with the book for the ending so can't blame them too much. :-?
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'd take over...