I'll be back
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:15 pm

Yeah, I saw it this weekend and enjoyed it. I won't say it's as good as T2, but it is close IMO. I will recommend this movie if you are contemplating to see it.

It was "lighter" as opposed to T1 and T2's "darker", more one liner jokes from Ahnuld. The action was thick, special effects were great, and the plot tied in good with the previous 2, although I do have 1 question.

I thought the T-1000 from T2 was a tougher enemy though, although I wouldn't want to go up against the T-X either. Or would I? hubba hubba :D

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:29 pm

Thanks Myth. I'll have to check it out next week. One question huh... save it for after I see the flick. :wink:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:24 am

I saw it, too. Ditto what Myth said. I really don't think it quite matched up to T2, but the special effects and action sequences were good.

T4 anyone?

8)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:42 am

Sys and I caught this flick this weekend. It was good, but not as good as I expected... still worthy of seeing though.

I think all women should have the self inflating boobs like TX. :lol: 8)

So what was your question Myth?

Talk to the hand. Hahahahaha!!!

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:46 am

Do y'all think that the kid (Edward Furlong) from T2 should have reprised his role in the T3?

Since it took 12 years to release T3, he would actually be right around the age of the John Connor character. Maybe still too boyish looking? Maybe he was asking for too much. "He was expendable," so to speak. LOL

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:58 am

[NME]T-Bone wrote:Sys and I caught this flick this weekend. It was good, but not as good as I expected... still worthy of seeing though.

I think all women should have the self inflating boobs like TX. :lol: 8)

So what was your question Myth?

Talk to the hand. Hahahahaha!!!

At the end of Terminator 2, they destroyed all of the technology that leads to the building of Ahnuld. Remember? They destroyed the arm, the chip, Arnold himself, and the scientist that created the technology died so that this deadly technology can never exist.

My question is: How did Ahnuld look like Ahnuld? Even if somebody was able to recreate this technology, wouldn't the end results look different?

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:11 am

I believe the answer is found when the T3 characters were driving in the RV and Arnold stated the 'machines' rebuilt 'Ahnuld' to look like 'Ahnuld' because John Connor had an emotional bond with that terminatormodel. The pics/video of the old 'Ahnuld' were still on file with the police, so I'm guessing the 'machines' got them so they had an idea of how to rebuild another 'Ahnuld.' Dang tricky machines! :x

Question: Were the machines built using M$ Windows or a *nix platform? Mwa ha ha ha!!! :vamp:

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:14 am

Welp... John's wife, whatever her name was may have given him that look so that when he returned to the past John would recognize him easier but my guess is it's just a continuity thing the directors had to make the show more appealing.

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:04 am

Drewbacca wrote:I believe the answer is found when the T3 characters were driving in the RV and Arnold stated the 'machines' rebuilt 'Ahnuld' to look like 'Ahnuld' because John Connor had an emotional bond with that terminatormodel. The pics/video of the old 'Ahnuld' were still on file with the police, so I'm guessing the 'machines' got them so they had an idea of how to rebuild another 'Ahnuld.' Dang tricky machines! :x

Question: Were the machines built using M$ Windows or a *nix platform? Mwa ha ha ha!!! :vamp:

Yes, but theoretically, when the technology was destroyed the future would have changed and the original model Terminator (Arnold) would never have been created in the first place! Therefore, he never would have come back for the first movie! This could destroy the space time continuoum and Doc Brown would say "Great Scott!" :lol:

In the scene you refer to, Ahnuld just says that they sent his model to kill John, not that they re-created an outdated model.

The only explanation that would make sense in my mind is that the black guy that invented all of the stuff in T2 must have had some more hardware that wasn't destroyed.

Also, another thing to ponder. If the machines in the future are so smart, why wouldn't they continue to go further and further into the past each time to kill Sarah Connor? She would be an unsuspecting waitress each time. :o

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:33 am

[NME]Myth wrote:Also, another thing to ponder. If the machines in the future are so smart, why wouldn't they continue to go further and further into the past each time to kill Sarah Connor? She would be an unsuspecting waitress each time.

Chiiit!!! If thats the case why don't they just go back a few generations and kill Sara Conners great great great great great great grandparents. I think it would be a lot easier to take them out since the only thing they would have to defend themselves with are pitchforks. :lol:

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:43 am

[NME]T-Bone wrote:
[NME]Myth wrote:Also, another thing to ponder. If the machines in the future are so smart, why wouldn't they continue to go further and further into the past each time to kill Sarah Connor? She would be an unsuspecting waitress each time.

Chiiit!!! If thats the case why don't they just go back a few generations and kill Sara Conners great great great great great great grandparents. I think it would be a lot easier to take them out since the only thing they would have to defend themselves with are pitchforks. :lol:

:lol: Seriously! Of course, then it wouldn't be a trilogy, but just a short film on ifilm.com. :D

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:01 pm

:rofl:

...and why the hell would the presidential fall out shelter only have computers and communications equipment from the 1940's-50's. Heck, Sys has a more elaborate system at his house.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:18 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote::rofl:

...and why the hell would the presidential fall out shelter only have computers and communications equipment from the 1940's-50's. Heck, Sys has a more elaborate system at his house.

Yep, now that I think about it, the security on the door was a more powerful computer than the systems on the inside. :D

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

T3

Post by Paradroid » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:16 pm

Drewbacca wrote:I believe the answer is found when the T3 characters were driving in the RV and Arnold stated the 'machines' rebuilt 'Ahnuld' to look like 'Ahnuld' because John Connor had an emotional bond with that terminatormodel.

No no, i think it went like this....
In T2 They did destroy all the technology and the chips and the terminator itself, but then, they didn't destroy the movie T2. So what they did in the future is, they just watched the movie Terminator2, and that's how they reconstructed everything, and knew what Ahnuld looked like.
They should have destroyed everything man....

:halfrobot: Pa®adroid

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:16 pm

By jove I think he's got it! :)

Dang Hollywood! :wink:

8)