December 18

Movie junk...

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:41 am

K-19 is a farily new submarine movie with Harrison Ford. Don't know the rest of the details.

Changing Lanes has Samuel L Jackson and Ben Affleck. Their lives cross paths and ruins their days. Pretty good I thought too.

Falling Down is an older movie with Michael Douglas when he went crazy in L.A. Decent movie.

I'll probably rent K-19 now this weekend as I was deciding between that and Minority Report. I have a free rental card and I have to get a movie every week thru the new year or not get the full worth of the card! And I'm a cheap bastard! :lol:

Yes, I'm a movie junkie! Used to be moreso than now though.
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:33 pm

Dude, I think you're my long lost brother. If you get up here, we can lounge around and watch flicks! Myth's Movie Marathon Madness!!!

Thanks for the info. Now I remember their trailers.

8)

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:30 pm

Anybody see the new LOTR yet? I will probably be seeing it on Thursday evening. Would've gone this weekend, but my bro and sis want to make it a sibling affair while my bro's in town.

From everything I've heard, it is a great movie. Haven't heard anything bad about it, except from LOTR purists. but I never read the books so I'm sure I won't even recognize whatever bothered them.

btw, I rented K-19 this weekend. Was a pretty good movie. Disgusting when they came out of the reactor.

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:22 pm

I haven't seen LOTR yet. Tomorrow is last day of work then vacation. I will see it this week, just not sure which day.

I rented K-19 this weekend and enjoyed it. How scary it would have been if they actually knew what they were doing. Off the eastern coast line between Washington and New York.

PEACE K :cheers:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:42 am

When I stop hacking/coughing, I'll head to the big screen. So to be safe, not until the weekend. I have watched a cool show on TV about the making of it and reviewed articles. Seems like a humdinger.

8)

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:24 am

KUMITE wrote:I haven't seen LOTR yet. Tomorrow is last day of work then vacation. I will see it this week, just not sure which day.

I rented K-19 this weekend and enjoyed it. How scary it would have been if they actually knew what they were doing. Off the eastern coast line between Washington and New York.

Lord of the Rings! I loved it! It's rich, it's well done, it's incredible. Every detail is attended to! The characters, the acting, the props, the sets, the landscapes...Oh K, you're going to love it.
OH! Purrrrrrrrrrrr-rrr-----rrrr-----rr!

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:14 pm

Lori, I'm looking sooooo forward to seeing this movie. We'll (my family and I ) be going tomorrow to see it. Not sure if we'll go to early showing or night showing. Depending on how much :drinking: I do tonight :lol:

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:19 am

Woohoo! I saw it last night and it kicks all form of arse.

If I had to choose I'd say it is better than FOTR.

I won't say anything else except that you have to see it.

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Fri Dec 27, 2002 10:54 pm

8) AWESOME movie. We all loved it. We went to the early show. It only cost us 5.35 a ticket, instead of the 8.50 they normally charge. Either way, it was well worth the admission. All I will say is GO SEE IT :)

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:47 am

In less than 2 weeks, it has already grossed over $200 million. We'll see how it has done after 2 week point and after the third weekend. I see green.

8)

PsychoMissy
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by PsychoMissy » Tue Dec 31, 2002 11:27 pm

KUMITE wrote:8) AWESOME movie. We all loved it. We went to the early show. It only cost us 5.35 a ticket, instead of the 8.50 they normally charge. Either way, it was well worth the admission. All I will say is GO SEE IT :)

I haven't seen it yet but I can't wait! Is it as good or better than the first one?

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:52 am

I rented the animated version (1978) and it was interesting. It's actually a mix of actors and animation. It's simply called "The Lord of the Rings" and it only covers half of the trilogy in a couple of hours. I saw it twice before as a kid, but haven't seen it in years. Interesting.

8)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:59 pm

Drewbacca wrote:I rented the animated version (1978) and it was interesting. It's actually a mix of actors and animation. It's simply called "The Lord of the Rings" and it only covers half of the trilogy in a couple of hours. I saw it twice before as a kid, but haven't seen it in years. Interesting.

8)

i think the animated version is just about teh book the hobbit, but dont quote me on that :oops:

anyhoo, just saw Two Towers today, was pretty good! ...of course, they leave ya hangin' again :bad-words: :pbt: the visuals were pretty durned kewl if ya ask me too :D

:onfire:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:37 pm

Cool!

I will have to postpone my viewing of it yet another week. Phooey.

I love long movies like the Lord of the Rings, but I hate it when I need to relieve myself afterwards and there's line at the washroom that stretches half way to Buffalo. Renting DVDs/video tapes are wonderful. {PAUSE}

Oh, I watched Triple X (not the movie's rating, lol). Not too shabby and surprisingly the language was very clean. Action was good, yet too many, "No way, not ever," scenes. I'm going to have to check out the new Bond flick, "Die Another Day" or maybe rent "I Spy" later on.

8)

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:15 am

PsychoMissy wrote:
KUMITE wrote:8) AWESOME movie. We all loved it. We went to the early show. It only cost us 5.35 a ticket, instead of the 8.50 they normally charge. Either way, it was well worth the admission. All I will say is GO SEE IT :)

I haven't seen it yet but I can't wait! Is it as good or better than the first one?

Hard to say which I liked more. Loved both. I did laugh a lot more watching The Two Towers.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:25 am

boat wrote:
Drewbacca wrote:I rented the animated version (1978) and it was interesting. It's actually a mix of actors and animation. It's simply called "The Lord of the Rings" and it only covers half of the trilogy in a couple of hours. I saw it twice before as a kid, but haven't seen it in years. Interesting.

8)

i think the animated version is just about teh book the hobbit, but dont quote me on that :oops:

anyhoo, just saw Two Towers today, was pretty good! ...of course, they leave ya hangin' again :bad-words: :pbt: the visuals were pretty durned kewl if ya ask me too :D

:onfire:

I've read all the books several times and I have the animations on VHS. ALL of them. :) Yep, the entire story including Return Of the King were made into an animation. 8)

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:53 pm

Wow, cool. I wish I could find the other animations. I saw them as a little kid. Is there a song with the words "...when there's a whip, there's a way," or something like that?

What are the others named? The Two Towers and Return of the King? I'd really like to see them again.

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:29 pm

Drewbacca wrote:Wow, cool. I wish I could find the other animations. I saw them as a little kid. Is there a song with the words "...when there's a whip, there's a way," or something like that?

What are the others named? The Two Towers and Return of the King? I'd really like to see them again.

8)

Umm, same as the books. Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, Return of The King. :P

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:50 pm

I just finished watching LOTR:FOTR (yes , for the first time). I don't think it's as good as it's been hyped up to be. The entire Bilbo Baggins story line (The Hobbit) is missing so it starts out in the middle of the story. At least the costume/makeup fx were good.

I'll have to watch the two towers sometime soon. :lol: maybe I'll get to see it sometime before Return of the King, but who knows?