Kevin Smith fans...

Movie junk...

Moderators: boat, rickh

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Kevin Smith fans...

Post by boat » Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:41 am

just thought i'd give a heads up to any Kevin Smith fans (director of clerks, mallrats, chasing amy, jay&silent bob):

this week BestBuy has clerks and chasing amy on sale for 12.99, but if you buy 3 dvd's from the ad in the circular, you get ten bucks off. and they have jay and silent bob strike back on the page for 19.99. picked all three up last night, and the total came out to 35 and some change....not too shabby for 3 dvd's, one of which is a double-dvd (jay&silentBob) Snoogens!

:BIG:

Mustard
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Mustard » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:01 am

Oooh Oooh, WONDERFUL, I love all the Jay & Silent Bob Films, my favorite has to be Mall Rats 8) , what are your favorites?

-Mustard

P.S. If I'm not playing, I'll be at Best Buy :D

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:02 pm

Kevin Smith movies are awesome. I was a little disappointed with Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, but it was still funny. Too "high" expectations. Too bad there will be no more Jay and Silent Bob. So he says.

I would say Mallrats and Dogma are my two favorites. But all are good.

If you go to http://www.viewaskew.com (I think that's the one. He has another website that I can't think of), there is a short movie he made for the Tonight Show a couple of months ago titled the Flying Car. It's a reunion of the two guys from Clerks. It's pretty funny, you should check it out. When I get home I will try to get a link for you. If I remember.
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Lump
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Lump » Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:30 pm

W00t! Jay and Silent Bob movies are great. They have a store in my town that sells comics, and they live somewhere around here. I think Kevin Smith lives around here also. I don't think I've seen Chasing Amy yet, I might have to check it out.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:39 pm

Hmmmm.... I don't remember ever hearing of any of those titles although Chasing Amy:D is something I used to do in grade school.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Who?

Post by Drewbacca » Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:25 pm

Kevin Smith?

Why aren't we talking about Jaclyn Smith? LOL

:crazyeyes:

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:22 pm

clerks was the first in the series...pretty big cult following with that one. mallrats was next (my fav)...it parallels clerks. chasing amy followed, which also ties in to both, and i also think it got a few awards (it's also more of a "chick flick", imo). and that pretty much completes that series from all that i know. dogma followed..pretty good one. and finally jay and silent bob strike back. i agree that is was a lil hyped up, but it was still pretty funny :lol: ...the c.l.i.t. scene is hilarious! :silly:

they are all definite rentals if you havent seen them 8)

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:30 pm

Here's the link to the Flying Car short movie I mentioned:

http://www.viewaskew.com/tv/leno/flyingcar.html

It's just a conversation between Randall and Dante from Clerks (saw their names on the website :lol: ), but it is a funny conversation! Worth the download wait if you are a fan.
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:06 am

Looks like he's making a sequel to Clerks.