Star Wars

Movie junk...

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Star Wars

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:48 pm

Ok, so I did a search on "star wars" and "new hope" and such and I think the forum search is on drugs because it keeps bringing up topics that don't have the keywords in them.

Anyhoo... at one time there was a star wars topic and I recall Florist and I discussing Episode IV A New Hope. I just picked up the theatrical releases of Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, & Return of the Jedi yesterday.

As I said in the missing topic, episode iv, a new hope originally did not have a title. The opening text smply lists it as "Star Wars". I really don't think Lucas expected it to be such a huge success and entail making five more episodes.

Also, it's great not seeing all that nasty ass CGI thrown into the special edition releases. Jabba the Hut was one of the worst pieces of CGI i've ever seen. Babylon 5 was written for television and the CGI for it is the best I've ever seen. I think George Lucas could have sprang the bux to do Jabba right, sheesh!

Ok, so true star wars fans, run out and get the new dvd's. Who knows how long they'll be around. They are supposedly a limited edition.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:09 pm

yeah, due to the limitations of the package i have on hte webhost, i was limited to a certain size of db i could upload/restore, so i did it in parts, and hte search table was expendable, so's it got the boot :oops: :P ;) so any searches you do will only find stuff since hte barn has been moved :?

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:02 pm

boat wrote:yeah, due to the limitations of the package i have on hte webhost, i was limited to a certain size of db i could upload/restore, so i did it in parts, and hte search table was expendable, so's it got the boot :oops: :P ;) so any searches you do will only find stuff since hte barn has been moved :?
welp, that doesn't explain where the topic disappeared too... unless it was expendable too.
T-Bone

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:42 pm

perhaps it was this thread youre thinking of...? :?:

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:15 am

Maybe... anyhow, I was only partially correct. It didn't have a title. Florist was correct, the original didn't even have an episode number.

Walmart has them for $20. A good price considering you get 2 dvd's, the theatrical version and the enhanced version.
T-Bone

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:20 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:Maybe... anyhow, I was only partially correct. It didn't have a title. Florist was correct, the original didn't even have an episode number.

Walmart has them for $20. A good price considering you get 2 dvd's, the theatrical version and the enhanced version.
Does anyone recall, in the original theatrical release, in the scene where Luke has just returned from blowing up the Death Star, Leia runs up to him and says, 'Mark!"? I heard, a long time ago, that Carrie Fisher blew that line, and for one reason or another, it wasn't fixed before the film was released. Fact? Rumor? Anybody?

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:21 pm

Grummun wrote: Does anyone recall, in the original theatrical release, in the scene where Luke has just returned from blowing up the Death Star, Leia runs up to him and says, 'Mark!"? I heard, a long time ago, that Carrie Fisher blew that line, and for one reason or another, it wasn't fixed before the film was released. Fact? Rumor? Anybody?
dang, don't know how this one slipped by me??? i can say for sure that it is not on the dvd of the theatrical release and if it is indeed the theatrical release, i wouldn't expect it to be edited.

i was only 11 years old when it came out and although i saw it like six times i don't ever recall her calling luke, mark... hrmmm luke, mark, this is starting to sound old testament, lol!
T-Bone