Anyone interested?

Maps, news, whatever....

Moderators: boat, [NME]T-Bone, [NME]SYSCRUSHER, Pipo

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:34 pm

My apologies for not showing up last night. Unfortunately, it couldn't be avoided...here's what happened:

We got home from work, powered up the computers....no internet. I unplugged the modem and the router(several times)...nothing. I called D-Link(the modem/router manufacturer)...the tech had me do this that and the other...nothing. He told me to contact our ISP(Comcast) to see if there was something on their end.
I called Comcast...talked to their tech...who had me do this that and the other. He told me that the problem was either my modem, or something between my house and their server. He told me that he didn't know of any outages in our area. He could schedule a cable tech to come out...but if they found the problem was the modem...it would cost me $50 for the service call because it's MY modem....I don't rent, I bought. Rose and I figured it'd be easier to just go buy a new modem....and if it wasn't the modem, then schedule a tech to come out.
Out we go....over to Circuit City. They only had 1 cable modem in the store, and it was a wireless one. We were about to head over to Worst Buy, when Rose had the idea to head to Wal-Mart instead. We got there, found a modem($73 after tax), did a little more shopping, since we were there already. Got home about 8:30.....unhooked the old modem, hooked up the new one....called Comcast to have them change the modem information.
I was at this point told there is a wide-spread major outage...and to not trash the old modem yet. They had technicians working on the problem and *SHOULD* have service restored "Later on tonight."
I checked around 10:45(and had been checking about every 15 minutes prior to that)....and it still wasn't back on.
I checked it this morning before heading out to work(just loaded up my homepage) and it was back on(I hooked the old modem back up).
I gotta admit....I'm quite pi$$ed about the whole thing...I was very much looking foreward to that scrim.
I'm sorry about it...but it was beyond my control.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:52 am

No problem. It was fun scrimmage we had in awhile.

I'm surprised you're having problems with comcast modem. I'm not a Comcast user but I know several people are and they never have any problem like this. Have you been considering the alternates? Different cable company or go for DSL?
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:03 am

the only time my internet goes down is when i need it most, sigh.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:27 pm

Actually, it's not a Comcast modem, I bought a D-Link modem and router when we got the cable internet. I figured it would be cheaper in the long run than paying a monthly rental fee. It has been too...at this point, the money I saved on the modem/router rental would have paid for them twice. :o

The only problem I'm still having with Comcast(I found out last night) is the occasional "glitch" that knocks me out of a game....well....on my end it shows "connection problem"....but even if I disconnect from the server, it shows me as still on it. I have to wait until the time-out to get back on.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:02 pm

Darq Angel wrote:It really sucks knowing I wasted your time, especially since every single one of you came on, expecting a scrimmage and ended up with nothing.

You did not waste our time, and we did not end up with nothing. We ended up with a well filled server, and a fun evening! I hope we can do the same next week. :D
Parad®σιd

!HuH!
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

outages

Post by !HuH! » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:41 pm

hmmmmmm.....i live in same area....have comcast.....i was on.....no outages......from no storm.....
...bia bia...

DarkKnight
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by DarkKnight » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:25 pm

Wednesday is bad for me I wake up at 4pm central time and leave for work at 8:30pm central time so I really can't join you all. I guess have fun and I will see you on the weekends

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Re: outages

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:03 pm

!HuH! wrote:hmmmmmm.....i live in same area....have comcast.....i was on.....no outages......from no storm.....
Comcast never stated the reason for the outage....just that there was a major one in the Baltimore area. What's you zipcode?
Tell you why shortly.
-Me.

!HuH!
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by !HuH! » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:14 am

...bia bia...

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:32 am

Is anybody still interested? I was thinking, forget scrimmages, just have few custom maps for fun and open to the public weekly?

If yes, what maps?

!HuH!
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by !HuH! » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:37 am

arent we already open to the public daily?
...bia bia...

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:40 am

Yes, but this is an attempt to bring many people to TA for a night. Daily, we have seen 4 or 6 players on TA. I'd like to see more than that. ;)

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:16 am

ill show up again, just tell me when and ill try.
Few will follow you into death....few unless you go first.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:27 pm

all the time/anytime? :P ;)

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:25 pm

haha good point :P

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:59 pm

!HuH! wrote:21032
Damn...you really aren't too far, are you? I'm in 21237(Rosedale). The connection was back up the next morning, though...so I'm hoping tomorrow night they won't screw up on me. Did you hear on the news(last night) about that gas-main break(one of the channels interviewed Scott Donahue(Foreign Motors))....that was fairly close to me....say, about a 5 minute drive.
-Me.

Darq Angel
Pubescent Barnacle
Pubescent Barnacle

Post by Darq Angel » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:56 pm

Dictator wrote:Is anybody still interested? I was thinking, forget scrimmages, just have few custom maps for fun and open to the public weekly?

If yes, what maps?
We still on for this tonight? Anyone still want to?
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'd take over...

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:14 pm

what time? cause i got weight training till 8:00 pm

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:38 pm

Same time, 8:30 pm Eastern Time. The maps are thecove (Avanti style), beerrun (Flagrun style), and extraction (Hunted style).

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:39 pm

i'll try to make it...