Anyone interested?

Maps, news, whatever....

Moderators: boat, [NME]T-Bone, [NME]SYSCRUSHER, Pipo

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:19 pm

KaptainSkitzo wrote:Did I lose regular status somewhere along the way? :oops: :fit:
I would think that would be something regarding which you should consult your dietician. :D

Or did you mean to post "Yes, Darq Angel, I would like to play in the scrimmage?" :P ;)

Darq Angel
Pubescent Barnacle
Pubescent Barnacle

Post by Darq Angel » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:23 pm

Updated line up once again:

[glow=red]NMEs [/glow]
Dictator
boat
PlayerX
Kumite
Grummun
Puppet
zeop
Silent
HuH
Paradroid
Sandman
Rork

[glow=blue]Regs and $m00thies[/glow]
Darq Angel
CheapShot
Beer
Vominator
Bumble
Dark Knight
KaptainSkitzo
Rocko ?
FFT ?
Keldath ?
Obitus ?

eeeek! List is getting rather big here. How many players can the server hold? Still need a day of the week and a time here though. Not many people are here during the weekend so I figured a weekday night at 8:30 cause usually everyone is gone by 10. Maps and day are all that's basically left. Let's finish it up so we can get it rolling. :)
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'd take over...

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:34 pm

Darq Angel wrote:eeeek! List is getting rather big here. How many players can the server hold? Still need a day of the week and a time here though. Not many people are here during the weekend so I figured a weekday night at 8:30 cause usually everyone is gone by 10. Maps and day are all that's basically left. Let's finish it up so we can get it rolling. :)
It's set for 20, although I don't know that 20 have ever been on at one time. Weeknight, 8:30, check. Pick the night.

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:21 pm

Grummun- I was just saying that I've been regularly playing with NME for a long time(Syscrusher's, Boat's, and your servers), and was kinda surprised my name(in one form or another) wasn't mentioned. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgotten. :o
Of course I'd be up for a scrim. Depending on the day and time of course. I'm free most evenings after 6pm(Eastern)....although Sundays are typically a bad night for me(family dinner with the kids).
On the upside, I have a mic(and no problem using it...in case anyone failed to notice :lol: )...and I've been playing a good bit more O lately...although D in still my specialty.

Maps? I don't really care. Just so long as I have it beforehand....twould be kinda embarassing to have to DL it while everyone else is getting started.

Sounds like fun...count me in!
Oh, and for those who don't know.....I'm usually on as either "Ignornant_Florist", or some variation of "Iggy".
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:58 am

KaptainSkitzo wrote:Grummun- I was just saying that I've been regularly playing with NME for a long time(Syscrusher's, Boat's, and your servers), and was kinda surprised my name(in one form or another) wasn't mentioned.

Yeah it was mentioned!
Check the 2nd post from this topic.
You were the first name mentioned even.... :shocked2:
Parad®σιd

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:37 am

:o
:oops:
:hbang:

*sheepish grin*
Thought that was someone else.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:23 am

Darq Angel wrote: eeeek! List is getting rather big here. How many players can the server hold?
TA can hold up to 20 players.

There's few choices we can do.

1. First come, first serve
2. Select players from both rosters, then next time, get different players who havent played yet and pick several players who already played from previous scrimmage.
3. Both choices: for first scrimmage, first come, first serve then next time we can have players, who didn't show up for first/previous scrimmage, play next scrimmage
4. Any suggestion?

What about people who need to leave during a scrimmage? How do we fill in these positions or balance the teams? Also, if a team doesn't have enough players, then we can have NME or non-NME to fill in for other team. :)
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

Darq Angel
Pubescent Barnacle
Pubescent Barnacle

Post by Darq Angel » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:32 pm

Hmmm.. 20 players. We might not have to do all that though. Problem is right now, there's 19 people... and 12 are you guys. :P I havent heard from those few smoothies yet so I think it's safe to say that we can scratch their names off unfortunately. :( Unless I can find three more players to balance the roster of 10 vs 10, which I might be able to, then we're gonna end up having to steal some NMEs off your hands so they can be regs for the night... hehehe. :wink: It might not be a bad idea though because of the fact that everyone will get to play instead of taking the intervals between each scrim. So then we'd only have to find one more player then we can get this thing rolling. My opinion, I want everyone to play so I like the second game plan better.

If people leave during the scrimmage, as you said we can:
1) Balance the teams out by sending NME or non NME over to either side or
2) Play as the teams stand and don't worry about it unless there's a drastic change in players.

Last thing in this post and you cant stop hearing from me for a bit.
Day: ?
Time: 8:30
Maps: ?

Should we lock the server and use a password for this, or keep it open gameplay and free for all if someone happens to join up with us? Btw, kaptain, I was the one making the list but I haven't seen you around for a while. I didnt want to be rude and throw you into the list without hearing from you first. Sorry... :oops: :cry: I'll post the list up again soon once we can get the last person and figure out the maps and day. I don't want to pick a day out of the air and inconvience anyone so, pick one guys. Any other suggestions about anything? :angel:

DarkKnight
Baby Barnacle
Baby Barnacle

Post by DarkKnight » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:28 pm

I will do it. im can play friday night -sunday before 3pm. I gots to sleep yo before I go into work at night =P on sunday that is.

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:24 pm

Depending on when we set this up for, I should be good...but Rose and I got tickets to a local comedy club(no, I'm not performing)...$15 to get in, but all we can drink for FREE.
They're gonna regret that one. lol.
We're going either next Friday or Saturday...I'll let you know when it's decided.
Also, I've been having a problem with Comcast here lately....I lose my connection. It looks like I'm still on the server, but I'm not. I might actually need someone to "kick" me if this happens, cuz I don't think I can rejoin if it thinks I'm still there.
If I don't announce an "AFK", and you don't get any responce from me...then it happened.
-Me.

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:27 pm

Darq Angel wrote: My opinion, I want everyone to play so I like the second game plan better.

If people leave during the scrimmage, as you said we can:
1) Balance the teams out by sending NME or non NME over to either side or
2) Play as the teams stand and don't worry about it unless there's a drastic change in players.
Sounds good, if somebody doesn't show up on time, then we just have to balance out and have a great time. :)
Darq Angel wrote: Last thing in this post and you cant stop hearing from me for a bit.
Day: ?
Maps: ?
I suggested few maps but nobody said anything yet.
Darq Angel wrote: Should we lock the server and use a password for this, or keep it open gameplay and free for all if someone happens to join up with us?
I asked Grummun about the password. He's working on that one and will let us know soon. We can post the password here for the regulars & NMEs to join us. :wink:
Darq Angel wrote:I don't want to pick a day out of the air and inconvience anyone so, pick one guys. Any other suggestions about anything? :angel:
Wednesday? Also, I think we can have few extra scrimmages on friday or weekends to get darkknight join us if possible

Darq Angel
Pubescent Barnacle
Pubescent Barnacle

Post by Darq Angel » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:26 pm

Alright everyone, this is the final list right here:

On the red team...
[glow=red]NMEs [/glow]
Dictator
boat
PlayerX
Kumite
Grummun
Puppet
zeop
Silent
HuH
Paradroid
Sandman
Rork
T-Bone

On the blue team...
[glow=blue]Regs and $m00thies [/glow]
Darq Angel
CheapShot
Beer
Vominator
Bumble
DarkKnight
KaptainSkitzo

Day: Wednesday nights
Maps: monkey_l, schtop, well
Password: chubbybuddy
Rules: 3 CtF maps, each 30 minutes in length. The maps will change every week so if you want a certain map, post it. There might possibly be a 2 minute prematch mode prior to each map due to the server being set to scrimmage mode. Friendly Fire IS on. Server will be locked and password is required. Footsteps are on.

Pretty obvious that we'll be stealing 3 NME per round since there's 13 of you and we all said we wanted everyone to play at the same time. Sorry guys... :P Let's ge this server jumping and above all, have fun. :) Cya on the battlefield. :angel:

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:47 am

wow, someone added me to the list. :-? fortunately i should be home and i don't have jason this week. last night was the 1st time i played schtop - still don't know my way around. anyhoo, i'll try to be there.

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:53 am

My only question about this is:

Are we using standard Pub-server rules(anything goes)? Or some sort of league rules? (ex: No OvO, no potshooting, no yard D, etc....)

I prefer the former....but I can live with the latter.
-Me.

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:07 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:wow, someone added me to the list. :-? fortunately i should be home and i don't have jason this week. last night was the 1st time i played schtop - still don't know my way around. anyhoo, i'll try to be there.
How did your name get there? :P :drinking:

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:10 pm

KaptainSkitzo wrote:My only question about this is:

Are we using standard Pub-server rules(anything goes)? Or some sort of league rules? (ex: No OvO, no potshooting, no yard D, etc....)

Well, we're playing for fun and show good teamwork, just like the way we play on TA and ol' EC1. 8)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:21 pm

KaptainSkitzo wrote:My only question about this is:

personally, i wouldn't mind the no OvO & no potshotting (unless at flag carrier ;) ). i also wouldn't mind no yard d.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:54 pm

I agree but I have asked about this few times and nobody talked about it. I assume everybody knows better than doing some potshotting, yard defense, etc.

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:05 pm

Dictator wrote:I agree. I have asked about this few times and nobody talked about it.

I never talked about it, because i think no one likes my opinion about it. :roll:
Parad®σιd

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:11 pm

Paradroid wrote:
Dictator wrote:I agree. I have asked about this few times and nobody talked about it.

I never talked about it, because i think no one likes my opinion about it. :roll:
it doesn't matter if others like it or not. an opinion is what was asked for, so just give it. if no one speaks up, then everyone just assumes. if everyone speaks up i'm sure an agreement/compromise can be made.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."