Maps, news, whatever....

Moderators: boat, [NME]T-Bone, [NME]SYSCRUSHER, Pipo

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:58 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:
Paradroid wrote:
Dictator wrote:I agree. I have asked about this few times and nobody talked about it.

I never talked about it, because i think no one likes my opinion about it. :roll:
it doesn't matter if others like it or not. an opinion is what was asked for, so just give it. if no one speaks up, then everyone just assumes. if everyone speaks up i'm sure an agreement/compromise can be made.
Well, as long as we're offering unpopular opinions... I could do without folks playing D in the opposing fort... particularly guarding the enemy cap. Just seems a little excessive to me. :-?

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:46 am

Grummun wrote:
[NME]T-Bone wrote:
Paradroid wrote:
I never talked about it, because i think no one likes my opinion about it. :roll:
it doesn't matter if others like it or not. an opinion is what was asked for, so just give it. if no one speaks up, then everyone just assumes. if everyone speaks up i'm sure an agreement/compromise can be made.
Well, as long as we're offering unpopular opinions... I could do without folks playing D in the opposing fort... particularly guarding the enemy cap. Just seems a little excessive to me. :-?
if playing no OvO it eliminates that problem as all o should be going for the flag and/or taking out defenders.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:17 am

KaptainSkitzo wrote:My only question about this is:

Are we using standard Pub-server rules(anything goes)? Or some sort of league rules? (ex: No OvO, no potshooting, no yard D, etc....)

I prefer the former....but I can live with the latter.
I personally like the whole pot shooting and yard defense thang.. I think that’s what I'll be doing the whole time... is that a problem for anyone? Is it..? :P oh and I don't like the password, can it be changed? :o ;) j/k.....

I would like to say, seriously....... I thought one reason we aren't a league clan is because the purpose to our existence is to have fun together doing something everyone likes to do.. (Play the Game).... and not have all the bureaucracy that is associated with a league... I think this scrim thing is a great Idea because it brings everyone together in concentration and allows for a chance to play against a full squad... but let us not forget, we aren't a league clan.. We don't want the politics of playing for a league clan.. (Or at least I don't)... IMO everyone here (and slated to play) is conscious enough to know, you don't pot shoot (on purpose) you don't defend the yard (strictly and purposely) etc... Etc... Etc... Listen, I'm not the best player (or even close) here by far.. I haven't been around for too long and I know I have much to learn about when to D and when to O and how these two things should be gone about.. The thing I like about the whole experience is having fun... (bubblin) and shooting some peeps..making a joke joke and poking at a few peeps along the way.. awboat..... ;) If we start down this road of ...., we should do this and not do that.. this rule applies and this one doesn’t.. You take away from the "lodge" type feel of the whole thing... I know even a lodge has rules and hierarchy, but you get the idea.. and if you don't.. Lets just have fun with it and play it by ear...

<geesh> now with that off my chest.. I can't wait.... this proves to be a very fun venture.. I would like to be the first to Thank Darq Angel for having the desire to put something like this together.. You are very brave.... See yas on the field... 0X

Confucius say "when lady with big knockers walks into room, comment on how lovely [s]they[/s] she looks.."
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:26 am

Grummun wrote:
[NME]T-Bone wrote:
Paradroid wrote:
id say that falls into the yard d side of it...once the flag leaves the base, its in the yard..even if its in teh other base. sp no yard d would cover that, imo.

admittedly, i have defended a flag in the yard and near cap point, but thats usually in o v d, and i was giving that last ditch effort :P but those are sometimes the most fun, cause theres like a 97% chance theyll get the cap...its jstu fast, fun and furious action in those situations though :pbt: :ohyeah: ;)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:01 am

i understand peeps reasoning about no rules and just have fun, but thats what we do every night and it ends up turning into d vs. d or totally out of balance o & d. you think peeps would use common sense when it comes to excessive pot shotting and yard d, but it seems like in these circumstances common sense goes out the window. i think a minimal set of rules will be fine, but you all can decide.

how about hearing some of sm00th's & reg's comments.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:12 pm

So it's only "yard D" when you or your sentry is in the yard shooting at the enemy. But not if you or your sentry are in the base, shooting at people in the yard. :?: (Like in the WNX-NME scrim)
Parad®σιd

Darq Angel
Pubescent Barnacle
Pubescent Barnacle

Post by Darq Angel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:48 pm

Rork wrote: I personally like the whole pot shooting and yard defense thang.. I think that’s what I'll be doing the whole time... is that a problem for anyone? Is it..? :P oh and I don't like the password, can it be changed? :o ;) j/k.....

I would like to say, seriously....... I thought one reason we aren't a league clan is because the purpose to our existence is to have fun together doing something everyone likes to do.. (Play the Game).... and not have all the bureaucracy that is associated with a league... I think this scrim thing is a great Idea because it brings everyone together in concentration and allows for a chance to play against a full squad... but let us not forget, we aren't a league clan.. We don't want the politics of playing for a league clan.. (Or at least I don't)... IMO everyone here (and slated to play) is conscious enough to know, you don't pot shoot (on purpose) you don't defend the yard (strictly and purposely) etc... Etc... Etc... Listen, I'm not the best player (or even close) here by far.. I haven't been around for too long and I know I have much to learn about when to D and when to O and how these two things should be gone about.. The thing I like about the whole experience is having fun... (bubblin) and shooting some peeps..making a joke joke and poking at a few peeps along the way.. awboat..... ;) If we start down this road of ...., we should do this and not do that.. this rule applies and this one doesn’t.. You take away from the "lodge" type feel of the whole thing... I know even a lodge has rules and hierarchy, but you get the idea.. and if you don't.. Lets just have fun with it and play it by ear...

<geesh> now with that off my chest.. I can't wait.... this proves to be a very fun venture.. I would like to be the first to Thank Darq Angel for having the desire to put something like this together.. You are very brave.... See yas on the field... 0X

Confucius say "when lady with big knockers walks into room, comment on how lovely [s]they[/s] she looks.."
Well said Rorkie. :) I have to agree here. This whole potshooting (don't even know what that means :oops: ) and yard defense, who really cares? There's no point in worrying over this since this is all in good fun. :) Just do what we do on TA day in and day out, just play it like you know how and have fun. That's what we're all here for in the first place anyway. Simple as that. ;) Btw, I'm not the one you should be thanking Rork, though I do appreciate it. Dictator did most of the work so everyone thank him when you get the chance. :)
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'd take over...

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:54 pm

Darq Angel wrote:Well said Rorkie. :) I have to agree here. This whole potshooting (don't even know what that means :oops: ) and yard defense, who really cares? There's no point in worrying over this since this is all in good fun. :) Just do what we do on TA day in and day out, just play it like you know how and have fun. That's what we're all here for in the first place anyway. Simple as that. ;) Btw, I'm not the one you should be thanking Rork, though I do appreciate it. Dictator did most of the work so everyone thank him when you get the chance. :)
So long as all parties know in advance that there's no strict rules in effect regarding OvO/potshotting/yard D/whatever. It'd be a little awkward if any guests were expecting a more formal type of match. DA, do you know if any of the guests are following this thread? Or know what they've been told to expect?

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:48 pm

Grummun wrote:
Darq Angel wrote:Well said Rorkie. :) I have to agree here. This whole potshooting (don't even know what that means :oops: ) and yard defense, who really cares? There's no point in worrying over this since this is all in good fun. :) Just do what we do on TA day in and day out, just play it like you know how and have fun. That's what we're all here for in the first place anyway. Simple as that. ;) Btw, I'm not the one you should be thanking Rork, though I do appreciate it. Dictator did most of the work so everyone thank him when you get the chance. :)
So long as all parties know in advance that there's no strict rules in effect regarding OvO/potshotting/yard D/whatever. It'd be a little awkward if any guests were expecting a more formal type of match. DA, do you know if any of the guests are following this thread? Or know what they've been told to expect?
:cheers:

!biA biA!

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:44 pm

I wasn't trying to make this over-complicated...but I have played clan matches, and just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page. I have no(none, zip, zero, nada) problem with the "public server free-for-all" rules. In fact, the over complicated league style rules were always a pain. I generally don't do Yard D...cuz it can be used against you. I figure, if they got it out of the base, let it go, and re-organize the D so that doesn't happen again. I've seen defenses get raped because while they were protecting the flag outside, an enemy got behind them and waited for the eventual cap....and managed to get 2(or even more) for the price of 1.
I have a minor problem with "no-potshooting"...(Which translates as shooting O players outside of the base)...because it basicly makes sniping illegal. That was something I never understood about league rules.

Anyway...[NME] is a great clan, and because of the general lack of organized rules(except the obvious: No cheating, don't use exploits)....it's a fun loving clan....a group of friends who enjoy playing this game. This is why I keep applying to be in NME.

Something that I would like to request, however, is a few minute pre-match, so each team can figure out who's doing what(O and D wise).
Aside from that....I'm looking foreward to this. A big thanks to all those involved in setting it up.
;)
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:45 pm

KaptainSkitzo wrote:Something that I would like to request, however, is a few minute pre-match, so each team can figure out who's doing what(O and D wise).
Aside from that....I'm looking foreward to this. A big thanks to all those involved in setting it up.
;)
pre-match is about 2 or 3 minutes.
password is chubbybuddy
time: 8:30 Eastern Time.

You're welcome. :) And big thanks to Grummun for hosting scrimmages on TA. :D
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:58 am

KaptainSkitzo wrote: Anyway...[NME] is a great clan, and because of the general lack of organized rules(except the obvious: No cheating, don't use exploits)....it's a fun loving clan....a group of friends who enjoy playing this game. This is why I keep applying to be in NME.
I don’t know if I would say we are, in general, unorganized.. What I would say, and imo, one may not seem to understand….is that we lack only one structured or “organizedâ€

!biA biA!

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:28 am

wow... that's deep....
is that an eastern thing?
:master: :lying:
Parad®σιd

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:34 am

...what if C-A-T, really spelled DOG...? :?

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:17 am

Paradroid wrote:wow... that's deep....
is that an eastern thing?
:master: :lying:
it be a !biA! thang... this, in part, is how I govern or "un-govern" my life...

i think if you take the philosophy of the !biA! and apply it to anything,
you will find the answers were always there, one must only look for them to appear.. realizing, that the act of looking is in itself one major key to unlocking the mystery you face....

boat wrote:...what if C-A-T, really spelled DOG...? :?
who's bopat?

!biA biA!

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:47 pm

I could have mentioned this before...er... but if the guests want the full battery of sound files for tonights li'l shindig, they should download 'em ahead of time. Doh....

:whack3: :whistle:

Darq Angel
Pubescent Barnacle
Pubescent Barnacle

Post by Darq Angel » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:27 pm

Hey everyone.

Not going to take up to much time here. I just want to apologize to everyone about tonight. I had no idea no one was gonna show up. I knew of two on my side who couldn't this week and I found two other friends of mine to help out but they didn't even show. :( From what I heard from you guys, we had like two people show, not that great. It really sucks knowing I wasted your time, especially since every single one of you came on, expecting a scrimmage and ended up with nothing. I'll see what I can do for next week, that is if you still want to make a second attempt. Sorry to disappoint you all. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'd take over...

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:04 pm

Nerd!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:44 pm

Darq Angel wrote:Hey everyone.

Not going to take up to much time here. I just want to apologize to everyone about tonight. I had no idea no one was gonna show up. I knew of two on my side who couldn't this week and I found two other friends of mine to help out but they didn't even show. :( From what I heard from you guys, we had like two people show, not that great. It really sucks knowing I wasted your time, especially since every single one of you came on, expecting a scrimmage and ended up with nothing. I'll see what I can do for next week, that is if you still want to make a second attempt. Sorry to disappoint you all. :cry: :cry: :cry:
hardly...most people ive seen on ina while. we got a few pretty good games off :ohyeah: :D

thanks for everyone that came out, i had a good time :drinking: :D

oh, and dont feel bad about the no-shows...its hard enough getting a clan together at hte last minute for stuff like this, much less ur team of rag-tags, that havent even played in a while :P ;)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:51 pm

[NME]SANDMAN wrote:

Nerd!
weet! at least i wasnt alone :pbt: ;)