Thornville

Maps, news, whatever....

Moderators: boat, [NME]T-Bone, [NME]SYSCRUSHER, Pipo

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Thornville

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:29 pm

I brought a friend onto Thornville tonight, so he could check out "cru_volcano_dm"....there was no one else on the server, so we tried to "rockthevote" for it....but it said that map wasn't on the server.
I don't get it....it was on there that I got that map! What gives?
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Darth DBII » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:37 pm

going disulasioual on us Kaptian
Few will follow you into death....few unless you go first.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:00 pm

it was causing the server to hang up hard, so it was removed.

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: Thornville

Post by Grummun » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:02 am

KaptainSkitzo wrote:I brought a friend onto Thornville tonight, so he could check out "cru_volcano_dm"....there was no one else on the server, so we tried to "rockthevote" for it....but it said that map wasn't on the server.

Twice it broke the HLDS process; no error output, nothing in the log, just hung it up.:( You may recall that you were on the server the two times that it hung up. The first time, I scratched my noggin and said "Hm, wonder what caused that?" :huh?: The second time, I blamed the map. I had meant to post a notice that it had been removed; I'm sorry about that.

Puppet
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Puppet » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:11 am

no he is not sorry, he removed that map just to mess with you ... that was just plain mean Grumm .. :P :P
Puppet

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the ***** up with cookies

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:20 pm

Grummun wrote:
KaptainSkitzo wrote:I brought a friend onto Thornville tonight, so he could check out "cru_volcano_dm"....there was no one else on the server, so we tried to "rockthevote" for it....but it said that map wasn't on the server.

Twice it broke the HLDS process; no error output, nothing in the log, just hung it up.:( You may recall that you were on the server the two times that it hung up. The first time, I scratched my noggin and said "Hm, wonder what caused that?" :huh?: The second time, I blamed the map. I had meant to post a notice that it had been removed; I'm sorry about that.

Crap. I like that map. That time it hung up that I was on, I thought it was my comcast connecting....it seems to be resetting a LOT on me lately. I'm going to call them up and see what's what.

Now I need to figure out which ports(and how) to open on my extra machine...so we can play that.
:roll:
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:59 pm

Puppet wrote:no he is not sorry, he removed that map just to mess with you ... that was just plain mean Grumm :P :P

This is for you, Pup... :whack1: and some of this :no: and last but not least :tbone:
:P

KaptainSkitzo wrote:Crap. I like that map. That time it hung up that I was on, I thought it was my comcast connecting....it seems to be resetting a LOT on me lately. I'm going to call them up and see what's what.

Now I need to figure out which ports(and how) to open on my extra machine...so we can play that.
:roll:

UDP port 27015 is the default, although that's configurable. If it's a linux machine and you're using iptables, I can help you out. If it's BSD I'm sure T or Dict or someone can help you with packet filter. If it's windows, scrub your hard drive and install linux or BSD ;)

The files you need to install on your server (in /path/to/hlserver/tfc):

cru.wad
maps/cru_volcano_dm.txt
maps/cru_volcano_dm.bsp
models/cru/backpack.mdl
models/cru/flag.mdl

and create a file maps/cru_volcano_dm.res that contains all the above filenames, one per line.

Puppet
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Puppet » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:44 pm

Grummun wrote:
Puppet wrote:no he is not sorry, he removed that map just to mess with you ... that was just plain mean Grumm :P :P

This is for you, Pup... :whack1: and some of this :no: and last but not least :tbone:

like that will ever stop me ... :P
Puppet

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the ***** up with cookies

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:25 pm

Puppet wrote:
Grummun wrote:

like that will ever stop me ... :P

just take her bowlin... :roll: :P :drinking:

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:22 pm

Ok....I feel retarded that I finally got back to this thread..... :hbang:

The question is, HOW do I open the port(s)? I've removed the machine I was going to run a temp server on, it was acting REAL flakey....so I removed it to the workbench to be dealt with at an undetermined(but probably MUCH later date)....

I'd like to set up a non-dedicated server, and have it opened to the net so others could play on it. I'm getting ready to re-install Steam, cuz I've been having a problem or three lately...*sigh*

Anyone know how I can set it up, open up the ports, play for a while...then close the ports back up?
I'm assuming it will still be 27015...so if that's different, please let me know.
-Me.

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm

KaptainSkitzo wrote:Ok....I feel retarded that I finally got back to this thread..... :hbang:

The question is, HOW do I open the port(s)? I've removed the machine I was going to run a temp server on, it was acting REAL flakey....so I removed it to the workbench to be dealt with at an undetermined(but probably MUCH later date)....

I'd like to set up a non-dedicated server, and have it opened to the net so others could play on it. I'm getting ready to re-install Steam, cuz I've been having a problem or three lately...*sigh*

Anyone know how I can set it up, open up the ports, play for a while...then close the ports back up?
I'm assuming it will still be 27015...so if that's different, please let me know.

Well... what you need to do is open up port 27015 on your server, plus on any devices (like a router) between your server in the internet. Do you have a router? If so, what make? Do you have the docs for it? What OS is your server running? Are you running any packet filtering ("firewall") on the server?

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:18 pm

Grummun wrote:
KaptainSkitzo wrote:Ok....I feel retarded that I finally got back to this thread..... :hbang:

Well... what you need to do is open up port 27015 on your server, plus on any devices (like a router) between your server in the internet. Do you have a router? If so, what make? Do you have the docs for it? What OS is your server running? Are you running any packet filtering ("firewall") on the server?

Ok...I do have a router, it's a D-Link DI-604(newest firmware). I don't know if I have the docs or not, but I could look them up online.
I've got Windows XP(sp2).
I currently have no active firewalls(that I know of)....
-Me.