Grateful Dead

Trading, discussion, opinions, etc...anything music!

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:32 am

I lost a lot of my bootleg tapes over the years by various causes. It deeply disappoints me too. Anyhow, I got my little brother hooked on the Dead back in '92. The funny thing is that was his very first concert and definitely not what he expected. :smile:

Now the little rat has more tapes than I do and most of his stuff is on DAT.

We've also got a good selection of Jerry band and Jerry with various other artists.

Anyhow, if some of you are interested in trades LMK. Just take it easy on me because I don't know how soon/fast I can get them out to you.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:17 pm

do you have dats or cassettes (or a mixture)? do oyu have any type of list compiled?

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:09 am

Mine are all on cassette. My bro's are about 50/50 casette and DAT. I think he'll be giving up on DAT and converting to CD soon.

DAT is very high quality, but the heads on a DAT player only seem to hold out for 18-24 months no matter how well yo take care of them. Cost of new heads is ~ $400. Cost of a DAT player $800+. The cost effectiveness isn't worth it for home use.

I lost my catalog along with some of my tapes a while back. :sad: I started recompiling the list, but never finished. I think my bro has a detailed catalog, but I'll need to check to verify that. If you know of a show you want for sure, just shoot me an E-mail and I should be able to find out pretty quick. You know, like Berkley '73 or Rodchester '79.

Oh, and I've also started to collect a few David Matthew's Band. I still haven't fully decided whether or not I want to pursue this though. Some of his stuff is kick @ss and others, so-so. Meanwhile, ALL DEAD is good!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:39 pm

i'll have to turn everyone on to steve kimock then! i'll create a few mp3's unless i can find some somewhere, so you can give him a listen. in the mean time:

http://www.kimock.com

quoted by Jerry as being "his favorite unknown guitarist" ;-p

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu May 30, 2002 8:03 am

I hadn't really thought about it until now, but I'll have to see if my bro is interested in registering on this board. It would probably be easier if he could just post his own stuff. :D

He isn't on the Net as much anymore, but he still hops on for E-Bay and trading occasionally. Just take it easy on him. He isn't computer or Internet saavy. :wink:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Dead ...

Post by Drewbacca » Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:53 am

Hi Guys,

I heard the Dead are going to go on tour again this summer. I guess that means more tapes coming out shortly of those concerts. No Jerry around, but I guess the Deadheads won't be disappointed to once again get outdoors and enjoy the music and pot. Did I type pot? I meant beer. LOL

Also, I heard they're going to play with their own bands, too. Kinda half Dead and half solo stuff.

Later gators!

- [NME]Drewbacca :o

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:45 pm

:rofl:

The suit also condemns the use of an altered lyric from Grateful Dead song, "Casey Jones," that appears beneath portraits of Garcia.

The plaintiff claims the altered lyric "Trouble ahead, trouble behind, just have my taco ready in time," was misappropriated.

"Just in case a consumer is not certain that the likeness in the portrait is Mr. Garcia, Moe's clinched the identification by using famous song lyrics readily associated with Mr. Garcia," the suit complains.

Idjits!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:32 pm

Whew! That was a close call. Share the music. :ohyeah:
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Dramling
Toddler Barnacle
Toddler Barnacle

Post by Dramling » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:39 pm

dead's good stuff. i think i listen to it about 3 hrs a day all told :tup: :tup: