next

Subject says'er all!

Moderators: boat, rickh

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Feb 11, 2002 8:41 pm

guess i'll go next :razz:

just got me a 1994 Yota 4Runner V6 SR5 4WD at the end of last Sept (only 50k miles on her!). **now comes my claim to fame: apparently the car was orginally puchased up north for a commercial, which Chi-Chi Rodriguez drove it in the commercial! (fwiw, Chi-Chi is a pro golfer)

I just got the tires replaced with some Goodyear wrangler rt/s (which were apparently originally on the truck..the spare was the same)..i had originally just taken it in to get the tires balanced, but they were pretty messed up =-

It already had a K&N air filter in it, which i just recharged not too long ago.

my next change will probably be a whole new exhaust system: headers, cat. conv., muffler (all "performance" grade). then probably a new suspension (shocks and rear springs...2nd generation 4runners have a sagging back end), but i don't ever plan on "lifting" the truck at all. And once all that's done, i'll just play it by ear :smile: (...probably the drivetrain after all that...)

so if anyone has knowledge on any 1990-1995 toyota trucks/4runners, much appreciated (the 90-95 years are essentially all the same)

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:32 pm

Hey Boat, When I was younger(not that I'm old now) I wanted too get a Toyota 4Runner. Instead I had to get a family car. You know, one of those mini vans. I have a Ford Windstar. 98 model, Blue color. Before the Windstar we had a Chevy Lumina mini van. To be honest with you, I would never go back to a regular car, Can't fit all my camping gear in it. Even if I could, where would I put the cooler with the beers in it. Anyways, cya later. Peace brother.
PEACE K

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:02 am

lol. what's stopping you now!? the kids, for the most part, are all grown up :wink:
for the millenium new years, i borrowed my parent's minivan (plymouth voyager) and 5 of us crammed ourselves and as much beer, food and camping gear in it and caravanned to FL (from VA) and more or less lived in it and tents for two weeks. one of the cars we caravanned with was a 4runner (91 or 92), suffice to say, we refueled about every time and a half that they did (good for me then, bad for me now) ;-/

if you get the right car, you could go back "regular" :wink:

yeah, my brother is doing the family-minivan thing too ;-p actually, he's the one that found this 4runner, and he even went down and picked it up. he liked it so much, he was like, if you don't take it, i'm keeping it!! ;-p but now he wants a BIG suv, and he currently has his heart set on a Sequoya (he's got the Yota bug now ;-p), plus he kinda needs a bigger one..3 kids under the age of 7.

ps. there's always room for coolers of beer ;-p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boat on 2002-02-11 23:03 ]</font>

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:44 pm

hrm. well, i went into a muffler shop today just to get an estimate as to what i might expect to spend, and he essentially laughed in my face as soon as i mentioned headers... and gave me another scoff when i mentioned putting in a new cat. conv.

so i guess if i still plan on doing it, i need to find me a custom shop that "in to it" ;-

he was saying how headers are more trouble than their worth. something about they're always needing maintainence (ie, needing to be patched, etc.) then said something about gaskets. and about the cat. conv. he was like "if it's working right, why replace it??"

hrm.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:58 pm

I would have got an SUV instead of my Outback except that the roof is too high for me to toss a deer on top of it by myself. :smile:<br>It is also easier to get young kids & child seats into.

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:37 pm

I got a 97 taho not to long ago with a 5.7 liter vortec moter and just put on some new 17in toyo tires with momo rims.Next i want to put a new exhaust system and looking into another computer chip for more horsepower.

Its also got plenty of room for coolers full of beer(GOOD SELLING POINT).All ineed to do now is to figure out how to stuff my puter in my truck and play tfc on those rainy camping trips

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: [NME]SANDMAN on 2002-02-14 22:39 ]</font>

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:50 pm

Cooler full of beer. Camping trip. Computer in car/truck/mini van, and a nice big fire in the pit:) Now thats a great day. PEACE

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:20 am

damnitall, i was putting my back window down the other day, looked in the rear view, and the bi0tch started going down crooked :x so it's off teh tracks, or came out of the slot or sumfin :cry:

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:54 pm

boat wrote:damnitall, i was putting my back window down the other day, looked in the rear view, and the bi0tch started going down crooked :x so it's off teh tracks, or came out of the slot or sumfin :cry:

just a quick update (i know you all have been on the edge of your seats! :wink: :rofl: )

got my back window fixed yesterday. the left guide/track that is attached to the bottom of the window had actually rusted out and came off. and while i was talking with the guy, he said that he had just fixed the exact same problem on another 4runner the other day :oops: ...so if anyone has/is thinking about getting a earliy-mid 90's 4runner, you might want to get that checked out. and also there seems like there might be a problem with the back latch...apparently my back-right latch is locking properly, and teh same guy said that the otehr one he worked on, the back-left one was doing the same thing :-? :o

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:50 am

just a quick pic of my newly warshed n waxed truck from a coupla weeks ago :P :D ;)
Attachments
100-0036_img.jpg
Last edited by boat on Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:02 am

Hey, where's teh boat? :-?

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:18 pm

Dictator wrote:Hey, where's teh boat? :-?

that can be arranged :P

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:19 pm

Cool, but I still wanna see that Mustang that Cochise was trying to show us before. :D

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:25 pm

it should still be there :P ;)

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:32 pm

What is the interior like? Leather appointed seating? Updated stereo system/speakers? Fuzzy dice and hanging aspen air freshener? :D

8)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:40 pm

cloth, stock stereo/cassette :oops: :D a sun/moon roof too :D 8) :P

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:45 pm

I've always wanted a sun/moon roof. :)

I'm looking to buy a car. Worth spending extra for? What are the possible downsides?

8)

Mustard
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Mustard » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:14 pm

If you leave it open and it rains it might get wet. :o

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:26 pm

Oh yeah, just like the windows. Doh!

How about some less obvious problems, smarty pants? :wink:

8)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:00 pm

i imagine theyll leak eventually, but i havent had any problems so far...cept for forgetting to close it a nite or two :oops: :P

as long as the sun isnt overhead or at an angle where its bearing down on u, its great :P i said sun/moon roof because its really justa sunroof, but it has a sliding cover to block it out, essentially making it a moonroof ;)