next

Subject says'er all!

Moderators: boat, rickh

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:58 am

boat wrote:i imagine theyll leak eventually, but i havent had any problems so far...cept for forgetting to close it a nite or two :oops: :P

Was it just rain, or was a little birdy involved, too? Heh heh. Doh!!! :D

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:31 am

mine does not leak, was just saying that all sunroofs would probably eventually get a leak at one point or another :oops: :-?

luckily the times i have accidentally left it open, nuffin has happened :oops: :D :P

Cochise
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Cochise » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:28 pm

My Civic is 10 yrs old and the Sun/Moon roof is still going strong. It's a nice option to have. Mine also has a hex key for it in case the motor malfunctions. You can then manually open or close it till its repaired.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:39 pm

My Saturn used to have one. It worked great as a chimeny when I used to smoke cigarettes. :smoke1:

One winter I went to crack it open and a bit of moisture musta froze up inside. When the window started to slide back I heard a crunch and it broke a control rod. :( Since it was a one piece unit, the whole thing had to be replaced... to the tune of $400.

I don't smoke cigs anymore so I can live without a sun roof. 8)

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:50 pm

boat wrote:mine does not leak, was just saying that all sunroofs would probably eventually get a leak at one point or another :oops: :-?

luckily the times i have accidentally left it open, nuffin has happened :oops: :D :P

Oh, I see. Yeah, I was referring to leaving it open and not the eventual leaks. Heh heh. Glad nothin' happened. :D

Thank you brothers for your view of sun/moonroofs. Hmm... I think I may opt for one this time. I don't smoke either, but I do like the light coming in and a little breeze.

Have y'all seen the new Nissan Quest? It has what they call the Skyviewâ„¢ roof glass panel system. It's a moonroof in the front and 4 glass panels for the rear seats. Interesting.

8)

Cochise
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Cochise » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:01 pm

Drew, if you want a sun/moon roof real cheap, T-Bone has a saws-all that will cut through anything and I am sure he won't charge you any more than dealer cost....heh heh.

Then you can attach some nice window blinds with a pull string on it and you will be all set.

All joking aside, it does let air flow in without blasting the passengers in the back seat like having your windows open while driving on the interstate and its nice to see the sky at night.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:47 pm

Heh heh heh.

No wonder T-Bone threw lawn darts at you. You probably teased him too much. :P

Thanks for the info. Cochise. Very helpful in making my decision. I was wondering when someone would mention the wind factor and if it was right. I guess a test drive would be the most useful in feeling the amount of air that rushes in.

So, I have other questions. Are those plastic sun/moon roof wind deflectors useful? Says it reduces the wind noise. True??? Does it deflect too much wind?

8)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:14 pm

T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:20 pm

perfect timing, as bopat has sorta been looking around at getting a different car :P actually, i have been...i initially started looking towards new vw's, but my research persuaded me towards a 3-4 yo car due to buying costs, insurance, etc. once i decided to look at that route, i found a coupla volvo's that caught my eye. anyone have any friends or experiences with any? theyve always been sort of like a "european toyota" in my mind... :P thanks.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: next

Post by boat » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:37 pm

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: next

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:26 am

how bout a solstice gxp ;)
T-Bone