I'll start!

Subject says'er all!

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:12 pm

OK, call me a weenie, but I love my 2000 Subaru Outback. This car has a nice smooth ride. Not what I expected from a AWD vehicle. This baby has heated seats, heated side mirrors, front wiper defrosters, power seats & windows, and lots more extras.<br><br>I even got to take her off road this deer season to help my brother take out this 175lb 8 point buck. Not bad at all ay Mate!<br><br>OK, now you all can get on and talk about your Edelbrock carbs, manifolds, and dual exhausts. LOL!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Feb 11, 2002 8:26 pm

...weenie lol! ;-p

i would expect an awd to be fairly smooth (as long as there's enough power) and handle more responsively. those subaru wrx's(?) look like it's a pretty nice ride.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:25 pm

Yeah man, I'd take a WRX or Outback any day! (if I don't have to give up my current car, too)

I like Subarus. AWD is mighty useful up here, too. You should send us a pic of your Outback, T-Bone.

PsychoMissy
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by PsychoMissy » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:23 pm

I almost bought an outback - but found my Rav4 - I like it but I miss my Honda Accord =-(

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:41 pm

I used to have a Honda Civic. She was a great car until a construction truck (ya know the ones with tires bigger than your friggin car) hit me (while parked mind ya) and tore off the rear bumper along with most of the rear. :cry: I made that bass turd pay big time too. :gunna:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:57 am

Talking about an Accord, I saw a lady who swerved her Accord in front of a slow rolling front-end loader. Hmm... let's see the physics involved here... bye-bye Accord!!! As I watched her speed by me and weave through traffic, I thought to myself she's gonna get into an accident. When she swerved to get between a car in the passing lane and the loader in the right lane, I couldn't believe my eyes. Glass shot all over the place, the rear end was crushed and they both came to a halt. A parking cop was also watching this just about 50 feet away. Dang! :roll:

8)

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:22 am

[NME]T-Bone wrote:OK, call me a weenie, but I love my 2000 Subaru Outback. This car has a nice smooth ride. Not what I expected from a AWD vehicle. This baby has heated seats, heated side mirrors, front wiper defrosters, power seats & windows, and lots more extras.<br><br>I even got to take her off road this deer season to help my brother take out this 175lb 8 point buck. Not bad at all ay Mate!<br><br>OK, now you all can get on and talk about your Edelbrock carbs, manifolds, and dual exhausts. LOL!

Ok You're a weenie, but NICE RIDE! JUST KIDDING!

I agree. But I lean toward the LAND ROVER. I would dearly love to find one of these under the Christmas tree...The price is wrong, but the ride is soooooooo right. I like anything that looks this good, rides this good, has the power to tear thru the woods and find that perfect spot to camp, or 4 wheel looking for booty or fishing at the beach and a nice center grav that you can feel...off road, and still ride like a lux car.

And does the word TORQUE torque ya?

Now this baby is STUDLY. OK the HUM - V is a bit studlier, this is sort of the realistic version of one of those.
OH! Purrrrrrrrrrrr-rrr-----rrrr-----rr!

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Sat Oct 05, 2002 10:28 am

Hondas, no doubt about it, are reliable. They come with KITS to run more air thru the engine, (more air, more air!) huge exhaust pipes, etc...(Chopped short, lowered to the ground, candy apple red) and they are pretty sporty. Come with alot of x tras, and are like the TIMEX of the car world. While say, the TOYOTAS are like CASIOS.

I had a turbo Chrysler La Baron once. It was this Terrible color of yellowish BEIGE, but when TURBO kicked in, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. It could have been PUCE and I'd have not noticed.

PapaNoel
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by PapaNoel » Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:04 pm

:oops: Dodge Caravan :oops:
If you hear someone on your roof, It's just me taking a leak.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:40 pm

w00f! Land Rover Defenders! 8) they dont send to US anymore :(

just hafta stick wiff mah Yota! :D

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:41 pm

PapaNoel wrote::oops: Dodge Caravan :oops:

:rofl:

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Yep, she's a meany.

Post by Lori » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:52 pm

My mom had an Avante, Baby blue, Vet engine, leather, redwood steering wheel etc etc etc. Of course she bought it AFTER my brother and I moved out.

Before that, she had some God Forsaken HORNET by AMC that sucked raw sewage
How does someone go from a piece of crap to an Avante?
Anyway, The guy I was dating at the time and I took it for a spin on route 66. Sweet!

But she sold it just a few years later, to someone in TEXAS who said that as soon as they got back to TEXAS with the car, it fell apart. I believe it.

Classic cars are scarey that way. If you don't know the HISTORY of the ding- dang thing or the owners that went before, don't bother.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:05 pm

Come to Canada! http://www.ca.landrover.com/

Land Rovers sucked not too long ago. Now they are much better. Excellent choice, dahling, simply mahvelous!

8)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:16 pm

tsk tsk. they stopped shipping these to the US in like 94 :bad-words:

http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/Products ... efault.htm

id take one of these over a Hum-Vee :D

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Sat Oct 05, 2002 4:28 pm

:P DROOL!

Yes the land rover was a bucket of swill not too long ago, but NOW! NOW! They really are nice vee-hic-llllllllllllllllllllllls!

Expensive!

Papa would be doing LOTS of curb side service for us to get one of those!

:wink:

Lori
pre-yosh 3
pre-yosh 3

Post by Lori » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:42 pm

Now we are the proud owners of a fuggin MINI van! Dodge Caravan. Red. It looks like a big fat tampon. Real un impressive. No air because the compressor is broken.

Once at a red light some hawney guy was staring at me. Papa shouted some obcenity, and turned to me and said, "and he must know we're married, we're in a fuggin MINI VAN for goodness sakes! and he's still LOOKING!"

I said, "Yeah, he must be drunk as hell!"
:cry:

Such is life. It's over, right? Can I get off of this shitty ride now? :drinking:

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: Hey thats where all the booze went! :drinking:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:15 pm

Does it run on Papa's methane? :wink:

8)