Battlefield 2142

What the heck other games do ya'll play (if you're not playing tfc..<ahem>)

Moderators: boat, rickh

Darq Angel
Pubescent Barnacle
Pubescent Barnacle

Battlefield 2142

Post by Darq Angel » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:08 pm

Unfortunately it's not out yet in stores but the BETA version is available for testing... small fee, $15 to be a fileplanet member for 3 months. CheapShot ended up doing so and we gave it a shot, what an awesome game! Definately something to check out, I know I'm hooked already. :) :)

Some nice features... mechs :D , teamwork is essential but can easily play the lone wolf role, best of all... carrier tanks that can fire you up into the air to the enemy base. (inside a capsule, so no damage taken :tup: )

Just check it out for yourself, I doubt any of you will be disappointed with this one. :angel:
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell is afraid I'd take over...

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:26 pm

obviously you havent played bf2 :P essentially the same, except for hte futuristic weapons/vehicles and that new titan gameplay mode :pbt:

i think its pretty decent...a nice change of pace/scenery. just figured out how to use the unlocks hte other nite :oops: :lol: :P

deathbytes
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by deathbytes » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:57 pm

It was okay, not too thrilled with it. Guess I prefer BF2 and current military hardware and weapons. :)

Deathbytes
boat wrote:obviously you havent played bf2 :P essentially the same, except for hte futuristic weapons/vehicles and that new titan gameplay mode :pbt:

i think its pretty decent...a nice change of pace/scenery. just figured out how to use the unlocks hte other nite :oops: :lol: :P
Deathbytes

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:25 pm

Won't be getting this one... it has built in spyware.

When you open the box, a big slip of paper falls out first, preceeding any discs or manuals. The slip of paper says, essentially, that 2142 includes monitoring software which runs while your computer is online, and records "anonymous" information like your IP address, surfing habits (probably via cookie scans), and other "computing habits" in order to report this information back to ad companies and ad servers, which generates in-game ads.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:03 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:Won't be getting this one... it has built in spyware.

When you open the box, a big slip of paper falls out first, preceeding any discs or manuals. The slip of paper says, essentially, that 2142 includes monitoring software which runs while your computer is online, and records "anonymous" information like your IP address, surfing habits (probably via cookie scans), and other "computing habits" in order to report this information back to ad companies and ad servers, which generates in-game ads.
And the responses from the users (at the linked site, and other sites as well) are really venomous towards EA. Apparently EA's quality control stinks?

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:36 pm

after reading some of the other comments, another thing is that while everyone is already paygin 50$ for the game, ea is going to get a 'double dip' from the revenue generated from the in-game advertising. they could at least cut hte cost of the game by 10, 20, 30 bucks.

so effectively, you have a bf2 mod (same engine), that installs spyware, is ad supported even though it costs 50$, and had a patch released before the game was even sold on shelves, that apparently still has issues related to any other games in the battlefield series, and is a huge memory and cpu hog...fantastic... :roll: :P ;)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:00 pm

despite the spyware talk and my mini-rant, i still wound up getting the game... :oops: :lol: ;) (was free though, courtesy a coupla BB cards i had lying around :P )

so if anyone plays, my game name is 'bopat' ([NME] bopat with the tag prefix)...also have 'nopat' but havent played with that name yet. :P

:pbt:

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:37 am

...so is your machine infested with ads? ...and did you use myth's e-mail addy when registering? :lol:
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:30 pm

:lol: naw. i think what it is is supposedly it tracks what ads people looked at in game :?: the only 'real' ads ive seen/noticed have been for intel cpus <shrug>

and yes...i mean, no... :look3:

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:09 pm

You better not! :bslap:
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:32 pm

hoe!