Battlefield 3

What the heck other games do ya'll play (if you're not playing tfc..<ahem>)

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Battlefield 3

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Is EA purposely pushing people towards consoles? This is ridiculous!!!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Origin ... 13285.html
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by boat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:13 pm

yeah, that's pretty chitty...at least steam asks if they can use it...EA just says "if you want to use this, we get your info" to sell and whatnot none-the-less... :roll:

unfortunately, being such a BF2 player over the years, I may end up succumbing... :oops: :lol: :-?

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:05 am

At least steam doesn't check your uninstalled programs and I'm pretty sure it doesn't care about my IP addy. That said, I have 2 copies preordered, lol... for the PS3. Jason has a ps3 at his mom's too and we'll be able to play together. He's much better at FPS games now. ;) He'll be 15 in a couple months.
T-Bone

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:25 am

Just got the open beta on the PS3 yesterday. All I can say is if they get some of these glitches fixed it's going to be awesome!!!

Oh, and here is a video for your amusement, LMAO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420
T-Bone

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:44 pm

yeah, I've been playing the open beta...entertaining. I like the character dynamics, they move like they do in red orchestra 2. definitely some glitches to work out. I am disappointed in the direction they took for the server browser and squad management...its wretched, particularly when you're trying to play with friends and get in the same squads and whatnot...and the lack of in-game voip...supposedly its also managed outside of the game. :?

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:42 am

boat wrote:I am disappointed in the direction they took for the server browser and squad management...its wretched, particularly when you're trying to play with friends and get in the same squads and whatnot...and the lack of in-game voip...supposedly its also managed outside of the game. :?
Are you playig the PC version? The matchmaking on the PS3 isn't working 100% yet. Forming a squad only guarantees you make it on the same server, not necessarily the same squad or even the same team. I'm sure this will be fixed before release. Voice chat among squad members seemed to work fine though.

Are EA's origin servers supposed to be handling voice? That seems kind of lame. It makes more sense for the game to handle voice chat.

p.s. How is red orchestra 2? Any good?
T-Bone

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:14 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:
boat wrote:I am disappointed in the direction they took for the server browser and squad management...its wretched, particularly when you're trying to play with friends and get in the same squads and whatnot...and the lack of in-game voip...supposedly its also managed outside of the game. :?
Are you playig the PC version? The matchmaking on the PS3 isn't working 100% yet. Forming a squad only guarantees you make it on the same server, not necessarily the same squad or even the same team. I'm sure this will be fixed before release. Voice chat among squad members seemed to work fine though.

Are EA's origin servers supposed to be handling voice? That seems kind of lame. It makes more sense for the game to handle voice chat.

p.s. How is red orchestra 2? Any good?
am I playing the PC version? pft, is there anything else? :P ;)

that sounds about the same for PC so far. supposedly/rumoredly battlelog was going to be the means for squad creation and VOIP...now supposedly/rumoredly squad management will be available in-game at release...still haven't heard anything definite about VOIP.

I honestly don't know how they had anticipated on handling VOIP. in BF2, the server was configured for voice, and all was kosher. as it stands now, you have to create a party via battlelog, and it has a voice feature...I assume it must be peer-to-peer, but its just something you do on the fly...create a party, invite people, and there's a button to join/enable voice inside the party window.

yes, there are alot of things that would make sense that EA/Dice seems to have thrown out the window...all of which were working perfectly in their previous games. I don't understand why they have to break shat like that, der.

RO2 is pretty good. You can tell it was pushed out by developers and not producers :lol: they've been pretty quick with patches, and are even running a beta version along side retail so that players can playtest and whatnot (I havent played the beta yet, but X says they've made some pretty nice changes). Singleplayer was more or less the multiplayer maps...I haven't even picked back up on it. but yeah, overall it's a pretty nice game...and it's nearly half the price of all these "headliner" games that are in the wild :P

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:37 am

Well, I would have got the pc version except Jason's laptop isn't up to snuff, so he has to get the ps3 version. Also, my pc is showing it's age. I have...

Mobo: GA-EP45-UD3R
CPU: C2D E7500 @ 2.93Ghz (stock)
Video: ATI 4850
Monitor: HP ZR24W 24" (16x10) 1920x1200

I just got the monitor last month. MacMall was running a special and I got it for $319. The thing is the higher res is putting a hurting on my ole 4850 vid card. My old monitor was a 19" (4:3) model running 1280x1024. Fear3 sure played well on it though.
T-Bone

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:24 am

This is why Battlefield will always be better than CoD! this is absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Be sure to watch the whole video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... -Rv9X-TqMg
T-Bone

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:51 pm

you should check out some of the BF2 trick videos if you liked that :pbt: