conc.jumping

Got a tip you think would benefit someone? maybe you know a good strategy for a particular map?

Moderators: boat, rickh

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Mar 08, 2002 6:06 pm

just try a "connect boat.dyndns.org" in the console, or add server -> boat.dyndns.org. or ask edm how he found it (i'm kinda on hte internal network here, so i can't rellay say either way ;-p)

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by edm » Fri Mar 08, 2002 8:41 pm

I just put in boat.dyndns.org to "add server", and it found it.

Lump
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Lump » Sat Mar 09, 2002 1:37 pm

You have to glide conc to do those jumps. Go to http://www.quaternion.info and go to quaternion's column. He has a little guide on glide concing and I recommend downloading the shutdown2 demo at the bottom to get a good idea on how to do it. And for boat, can you add shutdown2 to your server, it's my favorite for practicing concs.

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:01 pm

http://www.smoothgames.com/ go to this web site and download conc practice maps concjump zip,concjumptfc.zip,concmap 2001-r.zip and concmap cd.zip.I'm going to create a server today,so if you dont see me in ec1 i'll probably be there.My ip address is 24.98.226.244:27015 and the name of the server will be [NME]Sandman.Also the password is mohaa hope to cya there.

Lump
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Lump » Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:53 pm

Sandman, make sure you're creating an internet game and not a LAN game. LAN is only for networks so no one would be able to connect to it.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:19 pm

alright, added some maps:

<a href="../var/maplist.txt">Map List</a>

lemme know of any problems (some of them i jsut copied from my own /tfc/maps directory). i added all the conc maps, and shutdown2 also.

**note: the mapcycle file is still the same. in order to play a map auth. with admin {pwd}, then you should be able to adm_changelevel {mapname}

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boat on 2002-03-17 15:44 ]</font>

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by edm » Sun Mar 10, 2002 5:36 am

heh, anyone know what map that is at the 2 minute mark of the video? (looks a little like well). don't think I've ever played it, but it looks pretty cool.

Also, the link posted with the grenade timers. Are they considered cheats? I mean, I play at another server once in a while (overnight, if EC1 is empty), and they use that cs_cheat scan thingy, that scans for hacks and what not. Could installing these grenade timers give a positive reading. Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I know zip about scripts and stuff.

One other thing, boat, I tried the command admin password on your server, but I it says it's the incorrect pw.

thanks

- edm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: edm on 2002-03-10 05:17 ]</font>

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:06 am

the map right at the 2 minute mark is shutdown2, which is on the server. the one right after it, i'm not sure on.

i wouldn't think grenade timers are cheats. heck, even valve coded one in :razz: replacement timers are usually just a .wav file, that either compliments or replaces the valve timer. and if you're worried about playing cs with it, i'm sure there's a way you could use it only in tfc (but i don't think you'll have any problems)

to change maps, you have to first:

admin nmebarn (nmebarn is the adm password)

then to change maps:

adm_changelevel mapname

one thing i did find out, you (the one using adm_cha...) has to have the map installed first, even though it's on the server.

btw. watching that video again, the guy does get dizzy, it's just that he's usually just flying around in the air, so it's harder to tell (plus he keeps spinning and stuff)

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:25 am

Hey ED

I installed the grenade timer and went to the smooth server where they scan your hardrive for cheats and nothing happened didnt get booted or banned.I dont think you can consider it a cheat,because it dosnt make the jump for you,you still need to time it out right

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:56 am

I downloaded a grenade timer, now how do I get it to play. I put the gren.wav in my tfc/sounds directory, but I still get my old beeps. Thanks

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Sun Mar 10, 2002 7:06 pm

If you downloaded the nade timer from the web site i posted,you need to bind a key.Bind "key" "primetwo;play gren.wave"this timer is a script and it drops the conc for you.

Also here is a web site that will help ypu converting the demo into a avi.And boat where is the demos that i recorded ?
http://www.planetfortress.com/hlmp/tutorials.asp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: [NME]SANDMAN on 2002-03-10 18:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: [NME]SANDMAN on 2002-03-10 18:11 ]</font>

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sun Mar 10, 2002 10:25 pm

i don't think the timer actually drops the grenade for you, since it's just a .wav file. the primexxx command probably has something to do with it.

**oh. if you want the new timer w/o binding anyhting special, you can just find timer.wav (it's either in tfc/sound or tfc/sound/weapon, and (backup the old timer.wav) rename the new timer wave file to timer.wav and put it in the directory the original timer.wav was.

yeah. found the dem>avi instructions after i got off this afternoon. thanks. the demos should be under your halflife/tfc directory, with a .dem extension, but the only thing you should be able to do with them, is play them via halflife. and i have tried this once before, so if anyone wants to do it, the process takes alot of space (and follow the planetfortress instrucitons to keep the file size down).

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sun Mar 10, 2002 11:25 pm

check out the "open your mind" video. pretty crazy stuff (very big d/l though) it's shows the whole old conc > bhop > new conc evolution:

http://www.planetfortress.com/hlmp/snippets.asp

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by edm » Mon Mar 11, 2002 11:05 am

cool video too, although I never really liked the whole bh thing. But I wish I had known how to conc jump back then :smile:

bh is still around though, (guess that's the point of the video). It wasn't a few weeks ago we had some bh'ing freak on EC1 out running medics and spies as a HW :

The thing I've always hated about bh'ing was you never really knew if the person was truly bh'ing, or just jumping around with a speed hack. Not to mention there's just something wrong with seeing soldiers and HW's out run scouts.

________

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: edm on 2002-03-11 10:07 ]</font>

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:35 pm

man, those old conc's were great! you could do some nasty hh jumps without any type of special moves (strafe, glide, etc). cz2 was furious to play with them. you could have a flag, go up onto the block outside the base, and jump all the way over to that far cp entrance!! h3ll, i almost always played med/scout, and eng back then :razz: (then they weakened the conc ::sniff::) but now i'm coming (tryin to) back with a vengence! ;-p btw, the glide.dem is a good tool to see how to get a good conc off, and it's alot simpler/easier once you get a hang of it (then what we've been trying).

i disapprove of bh'ing too, but watching it in first person in that video was pretty crazy.

nah. they killed the speed hack fairly quickly. it disappeared as fast as it surfaced. if you watch, bh-ers kinda wiggle a lil bit in the jump (that, and they're 2-3x faster then their normal speed ;-p)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:08 pm

quick note on the marina#3:

i upped the mp_timelimit to like 4 hours, for times i'm not there to extend maps :razz: (so if it needs to be higher/lower lemme know!)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Mar 13, 2002 6:19 pm

tried my hand at making an avi. it's uploaded to the ftp site, under General>boat-divx_j3_cd.zip.

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by edm » Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:34 am

boat, I downloaded it and tried running it, but it doesn't work
Unable to download an appropriate decompressor. (Error=80040200)

Anyone else get it to work?

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:39 pm

I'm getting the same error for Boat's vid.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 14, 2002 6:25 pm

hrmph. it may have encoded with divx 5. anyhoo, i uploaded an mpg version...the quality is a little splotchier, but its an mpg (and it's a smaller size), so there shouldn't be any problems <crossesfingers>

**yeah, just checked, it encoded with the divx 5.0 codec, sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boat on 2002-03-14 17:29 ]</font>