conc.jumping

Got a tip you think would benefit someone? maybe you know a good strategy for a particular map?

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Tue Mar 05, 2002 7:20 pm

http://www.quaternion.info/demos.php
Check out this web site and download the skill-out avi.It was done very well ,i dont
know if what these guys are doing is cheating,but tou guys watch it and let me know.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Mar 05, 2002 9:57 pm

the ONLY way they can be doing any of that (imo, of course) is if they are running HL before they weakened the conc's. especially the base-to-base conc's, because double-conc's are almost impossible to control that well (unless those guys are some sort of super conc Gods). So in my opinion, yes, everything they did is possible, but the BIG conc's are only possible before the conc was weakened

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:55 pm

hrm. i may have jumped teh gun on that one =-o last night, and this evening, i did a lil practice holding the conc for a jump, and i was getting some wicked distance...on par with the old concs (just takes a lil more work). even more distance then when i drop the conc. i was able to do the floor to catwalk in the well flagroom, and i jumped over the middle area in well, and hit the opposing wall, ie, from base side of moat, to base side of moat and then some! and on badlands, i was able to conc from that far sniper tower, onto the bridge. and it looked like i was almost able to go base-to-base one time, but i had too much y trajectory and hit the celing :sad: so if you want to set up a conc session, or anything else, just set up a time and place!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: boat on 2002-03-06 17:56 ]</font>

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Wed Mar 06, 2002 7:33 pm

Would you create a lan game or close the server for a hour or two? And just have [NME] members.Once peolpe watch the avi they will be intrested in learnig how to do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: [NME]SANDMAN on 2002-03-06 18:36 ]</font>

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by edm » Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:32 pm

wow, that's some pretty crazy stuff.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:36 pm

i don't have the power to close the server. i was just thinking one of us could just create a game, since alot of us have cable or equivilent.

**im currently installing hlds on the Barnacle, but don't know how she'll hold up, since she's just a ppro200 ;-p

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:41 pm

I can create a lan game and hold about 6 people.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:01 am

i installed hlds_l on ye old barnacle. drop in and lemme know how it is, for a 5 year old computer :razz:

pw: iamnme

you should be able to just use boat.dyndns.org.

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by edm » Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:37 am

hey boat, I connected, but it timed out after about 2 minutes. Until then, was getting about a 40-80 ping with no spikes or lag. Of coarse it was 4 AM and just me on there :smile:

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:13 pm

was the timeout on your end or my end? if it was my end, cox as been a lil flaky lately, that's why i'll be in a game, and then just drop all of the sudden >-[ i just loose my connection long enough to that it can't pick up teh data stream again, or something like that...but then i can just "retry" and hop right back on =-

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:39 pm

OK, i'm confused.... I downloaded that skillout and it was music only. Not even TFC sounds. It sounded like Susie and the Banshees or something. WTF is up with that?

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by edm » Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:44 pm

Do you have the Divx codec installed on you machine T-Bone? If not you can grab it here

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:49 pm

LOL T-BONE,There is no tfc sounds.The music you heard was part of the avi.There is 3 avi's there try all three.If you are still having problems with no picture check with boat and find out how he installed it.

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by edm » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:06 pm

I just watched it again and I still can't believe some of that stuff they're doing :eek:

I just think if I ever got that good at TFC I'd have to quit playing, and seriously reassess my priorities :smile:

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:21 pm

Alot of the jumps thet they do arent all that hard to do.If you can do a hand held jump you can do 50% of the jumps.Go to this web site and download the grenade timer and it will help.
http://freshlinks.net/fl/?category=Team+Fortress

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: [NME]SANDMAN on 2002-03-07 18:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: [NME]SANDMAN on 2002-03-07 18:25 ]</font>

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:04 pm

MY GOSH!

I can't believe that. If everybody could do that, I'd quit. My GAWD.

I'm a newb when it comes to add ons. All I have is the latest update patch and that's it. I guess I'm missing out on a lot.

WOW. I'm gonna watch that again.

Of course, they need to get a new vid card! At least I got them beat on that!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:47 pm

if you want to fart around on the marina#3, you can change maps and such with the adm_ commands. once in game, just:

admin nmebarn

and then to change maps, just:

adm_changelevel <mapname>

any map suggestions for testing/practicing? i only have the default/valve maps on there now. and lemme know how she is! :razz:

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:11 pm

welp, i successfully completed 2 base-to-base jumps on 2frot tonight :smile: the key seems to be, you kinda have to strafe-jump to get maximum distance.

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:39 pm

stafe jumping is the key if you can get that down you will beable to do the badlands jump ledge to ledge.

And im not able to find the marina 3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: [NME]SANDMAN on 2002-03-07 22:45 ]</font>

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by edm » Thu Mar 07, 2002 11:56 pm

this reminds me, a month or so ago on EC1 I saw a player conc from just outside of his castle (wstland2) to the enemies flag. What he was doing was staffing in circles (as a scout) getting a lot of speed up, and some he how managed to drop the cocn grenade and jump. He got some crazy distance..