Sparky

Got a tip you think would benefit someone? maybe you know a good strategy for a particular map?

Moderators: boat, rickh

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Sparky

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Mon May 09, 2005 6:52 pm

Does anyone know where I can get ahold of the "Sparky" utility for TFC? I've heard that with it, you can watch a demo with a "wallhack" on...
Understand, I'm not looking to do any cheating....but as a more reliable means of catching them. I suppose you could say I do a little "volunteer" work when I play on Drippy's, and there are no admins around. A few people who play there spec players who are suspected of cheating, record a demo, and if warrented, report it. I've never had to do that on any of the NME servers...seems like whenever people are on, there's at least one person with admin access around. ;)
Thanks!
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon May 09, 2005 7:03 pm

dont use sparky client...while it is/was a non-cheat hook, last i heard vac bans for it because of it being a hook.

why would running sparky let u watch a wall hack demo? :?:

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Mon May 09, 2005 8:00 pm

Well, I certainly don't want to get banned for it....I love this game too much for that!
As for what Sparky does, I have no idea....I've never used it, but it was mentioned in a thread on Drippy's site. Someone else mentioned that they had gotten a wallhack that could be turned on for watching demo's, but turned itself off when you change servers(go from LAN/demo to a regular game server). Apparently there are still cheats floating around that VAC won't/can't catch. The proof of that is that there are still hackers making their way onto Drippys. I caught one who accused someone else of hacking(of course, no admins were on)...so I spec'd, found him clean(at least, when I spec'd him), but since the other guy said he'd turn on his cheats if the other guy didn't "quit cheating"(and he wasn't to begin with)...I spec'd the accuser and recorded. He was more than blatent about it....and kept it up once an admin did show up. Needless to say, we won't be seeing him again.
Of course, demo's can also prove innocence, as well as guilt. Someone can be "great" at one class, and sometimes, it may look like they are cheating, to the uninformed person...spec'ing and recording a demo...running it back with a cheat enabled can prove them innocent.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon May 09, 2005 10:51 pm

sparky isnt a cheat, so i dont see how it could 'enable' cheats in a demo, cause sparky was pretty much added stuff to the hud.

ur basically looking for a cheat to watch a cheat? :?

[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Tue May 10, 2005 8:08 am

Sup Hax? :P

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue May 10, 2005 8:10 am

sup hack? :roll: :pbt:

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Fri May 13, 2005 9:00 pm

boat wrote:sparky isnt a cheat, so i dont see how it could 'enable' cheats in a demo, cause sparky was pretty much added stuff to the hud.

ur basically looking for a cheat to watch a cheat? :?
In essence, yes. Not to play with, but to watch suspected cheaters via demo *ONLY*. I have a spare machine sitting here, which I could install it on(and thus, leave my main system free from the potential of using).

I know it's a grey area....having a cheat could lead to using said cheat....
You guys know me well enough(I hope, after all this time) to know that I wouldn't use a cheat in game. Where's the fun in that? I'd much prefer to die at Boat's hands 10 times, maybe kill him once, honestly....than kick his butt with a cheat.
Anyway, the purpose is to catch cheaters...as well as vindicate non-cheaters. I know you guys don't have much in the way of problems with cheaters on your server(s)...but they seem to be hitting up Drippy's whenever an admin isn't around. :evil:
-Me.