HL-OpForce

Got a tip you think would benefit someone? maybe you know a good strategy for a particular map?

Moderators: boat, rickh

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

HL-OpForce

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:46 pm

I picked up a deal at a store called "Five Below" last night...Half-Life: Blue Shift/Opposing Force expansion pack for $5.

I played both of them for a few minutes(ok, about a half an hour each)...and they are pretty cool. I'm kinda stuck on OF, though. I managed to make my way back out to the crashed plane, and I've made my way around to the power generators behind the fence, but I can't seem to make my way through there. Should I go back into Black Mesa? Or is there really a way around out there?
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:59 pm

Yeah, i played those years ago. Way too long ago to remember the episodes, or a crashed plane for that matter. I think i started OPForce right after i finished HL1, before i started playing TFC. I thought OpForce always came with HL1....
I liked Blueshift, with the high-def models and weapons. I actually use the blueshift shotgun for TFC. And also the 9mm sidearm as the spy dartgun.
Parad®σιd

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:15 pm

Really you paid $5 for Blue Shift cause OF is free with Steam now :D.

Near the generators is a vent you climb through to get inside the cage, then there's a switch to turn off power which will let you walk past the plane wreckage. Then listen to the radio.

I just played OF for the first time a few weeks ago so it's still a little fresh in my mind. :okay1:
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:39 pm

Well, no matter what I actually paid for, $5 for a game powered by the HL engine is worth it. The enhanced grfx for HL/OF/BS are SWEET! That alone was worth the cash.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:13 pm

KaptainSkitzo wrote:The enhanced grfx for HL/OF/BS are SWEET!

My thoughts exactly. I like the new crowbar and the revolver.
Hey, do you want me to send you the BlueShift shotgun for TFC?
Parad®σιd

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:54 am

Para, please send me the shotgun. Thank you. Where would I place the file though?

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

SPAS12

Post by Paradroid » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:42 pm

Okay, basically it is a "Franchi SPAS12 semi-automatic assault shotgun". It has a foldable stock. So the weapon model comes in 2 versions. One with the stock, and another one with the stock folded up on top. Just download them both, and rename one of the two with the correct extension, depending on which one you like best.
These are the files :

v_tfc_shotgun.folded : Shotgun model - folded stock
v_tfc_shotgun.unfolded : Shotgun model - unfolded stock
Save to : "Steam \ SteamApps \ youraccount \ team fortress classic \ tfc \ models"
and rename to : v_tfc_shotgun.mdl

sbarrel1.wav : Discharge sound
scock1.wav : Load round / cocking sound
sshell1.wav : Falling shells sound 1
sshell2.wav : Falling shells sound 2
sshell3.wav : Falling shells sound 3
Save to : "Steam \ SteamApps \ youraccount \ team fortress classic \ tfc \ sound \ weapons"

If you wish to use the original sounds, then just don't put them in the folder, and HL will use the default sounds.
If you wish to return to the default models, just delete all these files and everything will be back to normal.
Let me know if i forgot something....
Last edited by Paradroid on Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parad®σιd

-Bumble-
Toddler Barnacle
Toddler Barnacle

Post by -Bumble- » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:21 pm

Para, would you mind sending screenies of these weapon models, including the tranquilizer gun [namely for those of us who are too lazy to boot up Blue Shift]? Thanks a lot!

-Bumble-
The bumble bee cannot fly...
but no one ever told him that.

[Let the wild rumpus start!]

E-Mail: mailto:GroovesEthnikon@gmail.com
AIM: GroovesEthnikon

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:57 am

-Bumble- wrote:Para, would you mind sending screenies of these weapon models, including the tranquilizer gun [namely for those of us who are too lazy to boot up Blue Shift]? Thanks a lot!

-Bumble-
Yes please. Some of us don't have Blue Shift and I didn't have time to try it in tfc yet. :oops:
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:31 am

Parad®σιd