trouble

Got a tip you think would benefit someone? maybe you know a good strategy for a particular map?

Moderators: boat, rickh

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

trouble

Post by Rork » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:24 pm

anyone havin trouble loging into to steam??? :oops: :( :evil:

i cant connect.. "having trouble connecting to steam server"

:o
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:44 pm

me too...its saying "steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers"...well thats nice... :-? :lol: :P

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:46 pm

cant even play in off-line mode.. :-?

what a rip... :evil:

!biA biA!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:48 pm

hmmm... i just connected to steam. server list came up fine, but don't have time to join any.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:00 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:hmmm... i just connected to steam. server list came up fine, but don't have time to join any.
did u already have steam running though? few of us were playing earlier when it was made aware taht rork was having problems...then i had to reboot earlier, and now i cant get back on steam :-? :x

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:35 pm

nope, saw your message 1st then fired steam up to see if i could connect. i had no problem.

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:06 pm

I just tried and have the same problem. It didn't remember my password either. :-?
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:44 pm

I logged in and played at thorny. :P
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:52 pm

:scrambleup:

!biA biA!

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:14 pm

:okay2:

!biA biA!

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:15 pm

is anyone having problems again?

as soon as i open up TFC my puter freezes up and I have to re-boot...

:oops: :-? :cry:

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:21 pm

not me :?

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:34 am

what motherboard/cpu/chipset do u have? might be a driver issue... :-?

steam support linky

...try installing the latest drivers for all ur hardware (graphics, etc included) :-?

coupla other support links...

game cache check

precaching

something else i had read is possibly a bad sector on ur harddrive...dont u have steam/tfc installed ona different harddrive? either case, u might wanna run scandisk on ur harddrive(s) (start>accessories>system tools>scandisk ?) :-? :)

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:44 am

boat wrote:what motherboard/cpu/chipset do u have? might be a driver issue... :-?

steam support linky

...try installing the latest drivers for all ur hardware (graphics, etc included) :-?

coupla other support links...

game cache check

precaching

something else i had read is possibly a bad sector on ur harddrive...dont u have steam/tfc installed ona different harddrive? either case, u might wanna run scandisk on ur harddrive(s) (start>accessories>system tools>scandisk ?) :-? :)
yeah i've checked all those links... :-? , its weird this is the second time it has happened.. which leads me to beleeb that there may be a bad sector.. but when i doo all the checks and scans and stuff i come up with nothing.. both times this has happened, there was a steam update.. when the update started I realized that my network card was not enabled so i canceled the update and went back out of steam to eneable the card.. then when i go back to steam the update does not start and i can't get into any games.. (I can start steam but when i start any game it starts up and then before precacheing starts it locks up, w/a screeching sound loop, the entire puter up.. <shrug>
there are so many veriables though.. i'm really not sure what is causing it.. because i had also done some sound card and video card updates just before hand too.. :roll: .. i think i got it back up last night.. I reinstalled the OS and did only one update to my sound card... I also left the video card drivers alone... I think before i go too far, i might update the video and sound card drivers all the way and see if that is infact causing or not causing the problem.. i suspect that it has something to do with canceling the update and then trying to go back into steam..

!biA biA!

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:27 am

Rork wrote:, there was a steam update.. when the update started I realized that my network card was not enabled so i canceled the update and went back out of steam to eneable the card.. then when i go back to steam the update does not start and i can't get into any games..

if you wanna be sure to get the latest Steam update,
delete the file ClientRegistry.blob from your Steam folder,
Log out of Steam,
close it down,
Restart Steam.

Then you'll see it starts downloading the last update(s) again.
Parad®σιd

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:36 am

are you using the windows update site for ur drivers or getting them directly from the manufacturer? its best to get them from the manufacturer, in that u know for sure what ur getting, and that they are the latest they have to offer...i think sometimes the microsoftupdate site uses older drivers. plus ive run into a problem or two when i had used windowsupdate for drivers, then tried to install the manufacurer ones :?

are you doing a regular scandisk or are u doing thorough too? might check with the drive manufacturer and see if they offer any drive utilities/test :? :)

oh - and why is ur network card getting disabled? are you doing it or is it doing it on its own? might wanna make sure its seated properly, its its disabling itself...that could cause a heap of problems unto itself :?

...what all hardware do u run? :?:

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:22 pm

Paradroid wrote:
Rork wrote:, there was a steam update.. when the update started I realized that my network card was not enabled so i canceled the update and went back out of steam to eneable the card.. then when i go back to steam the update does not start and i can't get into any games..

if you wanna be sure to get the latest Steam update,
delete the file ClientRegistry.blob from your Steam folder,
Log out of Steam,
close it down,
Restart Steam.

Then you'll see it starts downloading the last update(s) again.
yep have seen that and tried that too :-? :P ;)

!biA biA!

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:36 pm

boat wrote:are you using the windows update site for ur drivers or getting them directly from the manufacturer? its best to get them from the manufacturer, in that u know for sure what ur getting, and that they are the latest they have to offer...i think sometimes the microsoftupdate site uses older drivers. plus ive run into a problem or two when i had used windowsupdate for drivers, then tried to install the manufacurer ones :?

are you doing a regular scandisk or are u doing thorough too? might check with the drive manufacturer and see if they offer any drive utilities/test :? :)

oh - and why is ur network card getting disabled? are you doing it or is it doing it on its own? might wanna make sure its seated properly, its its disabling itself...that could cause a heap of problems unto itself :?

...what all hardware do u run? :?:
directly from the manu... i have tried the two, standard scan disc and thorough... I have also used the utilities disk that came w/the HD.. (Seagate) I disable the card, when ever I am not using the internet and/or network.. just as an extra security measure.. (rather than turning off my modem) ;) everything is seated properly.. that I know of.... :roll: ;) :lol:
I run:
WinXPPsp2
Intel Mobo w/ 865 chipset
P4 2.6 mhz HT
1gb of pc2100
ATI 9600XT 128mb
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platnum
Iomega CD-RW
one Segate ATA 40GB Drive (BackUp Drive)
one Seagate ATA 20GB Drive (Alternative OS Drive "win2000")
one Seagate SATA 160GB Drive (Boot Drive formated w/one partition using the seagate utilities)

i have not ever tried updating the Bios or/ chipset, but , I figure that if I needed to do that other things wouldn't work.... (Not Just my Steam Games) like I said, I could start Steam with no problems its just when I try to start a game that I was having problems... I also noticed when on Steampowered something about making sure that the EAX support was turned off, I had done that too..

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:11 pm

turn off the network card for security? u dont run a router/firewall or anything between the modem and computer?

is the nic a card or built-in/onboard?

have u tried to play other games thru steam when tfc is crashing (cs, hl2dm, dod, etc)?

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:41 pm

boat wrote:turn off the network card for security? u dont run a router/firewall or anything between the modem and computer?

is the nic a card or built-in/onboard?

have u tried to play other games thru steam when tfc is crashing (cs, hl2dm, dod, etc)?
yes i do have a router..... and I run norton internet security.. just calm down i still think my way helps.. :P
I use a NIC card.. no on-baord...

yes it is all games not just TFC

0X

!biA biA!