The Marinas

Got a tip you think would benefit someone? maybe you know a good strategy for a particular map?

Moderators: boat, rickh

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

The Marinas

Post by boat » Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:35 am

welp, just letting know that the marina#3 was resurrected last nite. still gotta tweak and double check the settings before i open'er up cause the newer hlds and admin-mod run a little differently then before. and also need to install teh maps :oops: hopefully should be running by tonight.

also, i may put up a marina#4 running the win32 steam hlds for testing purposes, if any of u poor souls have installed steam and/or have a second setup that you could use :oops: :P

:myflag:

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:20 pm

I downloaded it, but I refuse to install it until they make it mandatory...
And after that, if it screws up my gaming experience, I'm going to wipe out the D: drive, reinstall it...take it back up to the last upgrade, and only play against the BOTs, or people who are here and we can play on the LAN. This is their only shot at this STEAM crap. I've heard lots of bad reviews on it...so I don't hold out much hope.
I am glad to see your server back though.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:08 pm

Kap'n, where in the world is Balmer, Merlin? Seems like the two names don't fit with each other. Heh heh. Kinda dissing Merlin. Comprende?

Oh, and Paradroid said something about installing Steam in a folder by itself, and you should be able to run Steam when you want to play on Steam servers and they run HL/TFC if you want to play the old version (WON). He's not 100% sure, but he said it worked for his friend. I dunno, but maybe worth the try. If you give it a whirl, let us know how it turned out. :)

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:04 pm

Well, if you go by how people talk down here... that's how you spell it. If you look at a map(in english), it's Baltimore, Maryland. :lol:

People talk funny here...I'll start a new thread, and give more examples.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:24 am

welp, the regular (non steam) server is back up and running and should be visable to teh outside. only got the training/specialty maps installed last nite, which are pretty much all conc jump maps...

Marina#3 maplist

stuff to know...:

name - The Marina#3
address - boat.dyndns.org (standard port...27015)
password - iamnme (this is just a generic pw i used, all are welcome)
admin-mod - i increased teh standard permissions...just use an "admin_help" in the console.

and for any interested parties, she is a:

ppro 200mhz
128MB ram
12GB hd
cable internet connection (~1500d/256u)

running freebsd 4.8 and hlds_l 3.1.1.1.d and admin-mod v2.50.56a.

oh - and keep in mind that its set on a 4 hour mapcycle :oops: :P ;)

have fun and lemme know if there are any problems or whatnot :ggrin:

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sun Feb 15, 2004 11:30 am

welp, she's been resurrected once again :lol: :oops: :P

same ole same ole...

same hw/connection
ip: boat.dyndns.org
pw: iamnme

cept shes running freebsd 4.9 now, hlds_l 3.1.1.1.d, AM 2.50.56a,1...

stuff to keep in mind:

still on the 4 hour map cycle (each map runs for 4 hours)
use admin_help to see what admin_ commands are available

some new 'say' commands:

teleporting (for concmaps, etc so u dont have to be admin_stacked or use noclip :P )-
say saveme -> to 'mark' your coordinates
say posme -> to teleport you back to the last coordinates u 'saveme'ed with
say destuckme -> to teleport u up a hair, incase u get stuck in the ground after a teleport

noclipping (so u can float, go thru walls, etc..to get to a certain point in a hurry :P ) -
say up -> to turn on noclipping
say down -> to turn off noclipping

voicecomm: everyone can hear everyone speak, ie each team can talk with eachother..even spectators :D

spectators can 'say'/communicate to everyone else

mp_flashlight is enabled, so you can type impulse 100 to turn it on/off (or you could bind it if need be)

and all the old sounds are installed :D if its a map from the mapcycle it might download them automatically...if not, you can grab them from here then extract them to your /sierra/halflife/tfc/sound/misc/ folder. can use admin_sound_help to see that can be 'said'

oh - and at the present, all of the maps that are on ec1 are installed (at least all the ones on the nme ftp)...so for a maplist, check the NME Forums to see wuzup ;)

enjoy :D

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:51 pm

elo, just a note to for anyone that hops on the marina, i installed a new router yesterday and apparently pulled a different ip in the process, so if u were using ur server list, then u will need to re-add boat.dyndns.org for it to resolve the new ip.

also, lemme know if anyone comes across anything different, though im pretty sure ive got the router running correctly :)

oh yeah - and if u r using a shortcut to connect or wish to set one up, then u dont have to worry about anything, as long as u use boat.dyndns.org for the address :)

http://boat.dyndns.org:8080/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=109

;)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:05 pm

didja get the linksys or the smc... or both? :D

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:33 pm

...both... :oops: :roll: :lol: :P

...couldnt pass up the smc though...spi, all 10/100 ports that are also the mdi-tx junk or whatever, vpn passthru, for 26 bones after rebate! :ohyeah: :P ...alas, the linksys has a built-in ddns client, snmp and can be a vpn endpoint :-? :roll: :P

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:04 pm

just a note to let anyone know that the marina#3 is temporarily back up for the time being..."temporarily" because i want/plan to do a complete reinstall of that machine, os, apps, and all...but int he meantime, everyihing should be the same as before, but just "steamy" :oops: :lol: :P ;)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:08 pm

side-note: i changed the port to 27016, cause it seemed like it was kinda interfering w/ my client install :-?

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:11 pm

until i get some kinda admin software back up and running, in order to change maps or anyhting, the built-in tfc admin is activated...to use (in console):

admin test
adm_changelevel mapname

(where mapname is the map u wanna change to)

have fun :pbt: :)

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:05 am

boat wrote:until i get some kinda admin software back up and running, in order to change maps or anyhting, the built-in tfc admin is activated...to use (in console):

admin test
adm_changelevel mapname

(where mapname is the map u wanna change to)

have fun :pbt: :)
Thx B-money.. 0X
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:50 pm

boat wrote:welp, she's been resurrected once again :lol: :oops: :P

same ole same ole...

same hw/connection
ip: boat.dyndns.org
pw: iamnme

cept shes running freebsd 4.9 now, hlds_l 3.1.1.1.d, AM 2.50.56a,1...

stuff to keep in mind:

still on the 4 hour map cycle (each map runs for 4 hours)
use admin_help to see what admin_ commands are available

some new 'say' commands:

teleporting (for concmaps, etc so u dont have to be admin_stacked or use noclip :P )-
say saveme -> to 'mark' your coordinates
say posme -> to teleport you back to the last coordinates u 'saveme'ed with
say destuckme -> to teleport u up a hair, incase u get stuck in the ground after a teleport

noclipping (so u can float, go thru walls, etc..to get to a certain point in a hurry :P ) -
say up -> to turn on noclipping
say down -> to turn off noclipping

voicecomm: everyone can hear everyone speak, ie each team can talk with eachother..even spectators :D

spectators can 'say'/communicate to everyone else

mp_flashlight is enabled, so you can type impulse 100 to turn it on/off (or you could bind it if need be)

and all the old sounds are installed :D if its a map from the mapcycle it might download them automatically...if not, you can grab them from here then extract them to your /sierra/halflife/tfc/sound/misc/ folder. can use admin_sound_help to see that can be 'said'

oh - and at the present, all of the maps that are on ec1 are installed (at least all the ones on the nme ftp)...so for a maplist, check the NME Forums to see wuzup ;)

enjoy :D
just a note that i got adminmod back on with some of the more used plugins (up/down, posme/saveme) and the timelimit was bumped back to 240 minutes, since the levels can be changed. though i might reinstallt he system soon, cause i was using it to test/setup a mail server, but ive finally concluded that my isp has blocked port 25 from all servers but their won (damned virii ruining everything :evil: ) and i think some of the services running on the machine can lag the server every once and a while :oops: :roll: :P but in the meantime, everyhitng is almost back to how it was... :ohyeah: :)

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:56 am

You could have changed the maps before too. map mapname :P
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:06 am

if ya really want a mail server, dyndns.org has "mailhop relay" for $40/year. just be glad all you don't have is port 25. You can't even do a traceroute on Adelphia anymore. Ping is all we got left. :(

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:58 pm

[NME]Myth wrote:You could have changed the maps before too. map mapname :P
huh? thought someone said they were unable to change maps on it... :-? :?:

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:18 pm

boat wrote:
[NME]Myth wrote:You could have changed the maps before too. map mapname :P
huh? thought someone said they were unable to change maps on it... :-? :?:
I played on it once w/o adminmod and had no problem changing the map. Just had to rush to beat the map! :D
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:14 pm

boat wrote:
just a note that i got adminmod back on with some of the more used plugins (up/down, posme/saveme) and the timelimit was bumped back to 240 minutes, since the levels can be changed. though i might reinstallt he system soon, cause i was using it to test/setup a mail server, but ive finally concluded that my isp has blocked port 25 from all servers but their won (damned virii ruining everything :evil: ) and i think some of the services running on the machine can lag the server every once and a while :oops: :roll: :P but in the meantime, everyhitng is almost back to how it was... :ohyeah: :)
Woohoo

:smilecolros:

Thx B
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:50 pm

one more thing to note, that its on port 27016, not the standard one, so if u add it to ur serverlist, use...

boat.dyndns.org:27016

:oops: :P ;)