Boats Server

Got a tip you think would benefit someone? maybe you know a good strategy for a particular map?

Moderators: boat, rickh

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Boats Server

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:54 am

Does anyone know what the IP # for Boats server is? I punched in "boat.dyndns.org" and got nothing.
I'm assuming it's in somebodies list of favs...so if someone would write down the IP, I'd appreciate it.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:11 am

it should resolve the ip. you can do a 'connect boat.dyndns.org' and it should connect. to get the ip you can go to the command line and do either a 'ping boat.dyndns.org' or 'tracert boat.dyndns.org' and it should echo back the ip somewhere or anohter.

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:05 pm

boat's server uses dynamic ip, which means it always change ip address. So, it wont remain the same address. So, it'd be a good idea to use boat.dyndns.org or ping boat.dyndns.org to get current ip address.

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:21 pm

boat wrote:it should resolve the ip. you can do a 'connect boat.dyndns.org' and it should connect. to get the ip you can go to the command line and do either a 'ping boat.dyndns.org' or 'tracert boat.dyndns.org' and it should echo back the ip somewhere or anohter.

Cool! Thanks Boat. I think I may have to do another reformat/install of everything. The system is acting rather nuts. Those commands will come in rather handy though, after I do that(something is screwed up, cuz my only listed servers are the ones in my favorites...and entering IPs gets me nothing)
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:23 pm

Dictator wrote:boat's server uses dynamic ip, which means it always change ip address. So, it wont remain the same address. So, it'd be a good idea to use boat.dyndns.org or ping boat.dyndns.org to get current ip address.

Is that a program to do that? Or just something inbedded in windows/hl?

Thanks!
-Me.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Sep 01, 2003 2:50 pm

See http://www.dyndns.org for using dynamic dns.

I use tonylabb.kicks-ass.org (one of dyndns's domains) for my home addy. Nothing there for you guys but I use it so I don't have to remember my ftp addy.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:50 pm

Or you can make a shortcut on your desktop. I have one for ECI and The Kennel. I just made one for The Marina, too. I'll post it here if it's all right with boat. (boat, The Marina is open to all barn readers, right? Just wanna make sure.)

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:57 pm

yes, teh address and password have been posted several times here :P its passworded jsut to keep vagrants from joining up :oops: :P ;)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:35 pm

Who ya callin' a vagrant there buoy boy! :P :pbt: :lol:

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:54 pm

:madnoel:

thats mr buoy boy to you! :nyanya:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

"The Marina" Desktop Shortcut

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:00 pm

Okey dokey y'all, all 8 of ya. :P Here's the shortcut info. (Probably most of you already have a shortcut. If you're NME and you don't, shame on you! Heh heh J/K.)

Target --> C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game tfc +password iamnme +connect boat.dyndns.org

Start in --> C:\Sierra\Half-Life

Name --> Dinghy's Dock ;) :D

8)

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:38 pm

Well, I reformatted my HD....got the pain in the ass working again...

Anyway, hopefully that will cure all the ills this thing was having. I'll be reinstalling HL/TFC within the hour. Just needed to check my network settings. I'll be hitting Boat's server sometime this week if all works out well. I think I will try to play some TFC on the lan settings...before all the upgrades. :lol:
Kinda like a little trip down memory lane...as it were.
I'll let you know if FoxBot works with the older version. Should be a trip and a half.
Well, I still have TONS of stuff to install...so wish me luck.
:microwave:
-Me.

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:07 am

KaptainSkitzo wrote: I'll be hitting Boat's server sometime this week if all works out well.

boat said: "oh yeah, will probably use the marina machine as teh temp machine, so expect taht to disappear, at least for a lil while (not that it gets used ) "

Better hurry!

8)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am

Drewbacca wrote:
KaptainSkitzo wrote: I'll be hitting Boat's server sometime this week if all works out well.

boat said: "oh yeah, will probably use the marina machine as teh temp machine, so expect taht to disappear, at least for a lil while (not that it gets used ) "

Better hurry!

8)

ill give warning...probably wont be another week or two :oops: :-? :P

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:08 am

boat wrote:ill give warning...probably wont be another week or two

SLACKER! :P :lol:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:55 pm

Heh heh heh. Give the man a break. He's busy recording "stuff" on his PVR. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more. :D :P

8)

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:24 am

as of last nite, the marina is effectively down, as i started an install on the machine for the temp barn. its the same machine as teh old barn: ppro200, 128MB ram, and is now running a clean install of freebsd 4.8 and fresh installs of the most recent mysql, php and apache. hopefully will be a sooth/transparent transition...just a matter of configuring everyone and transferring data :D