which HL2 version?

Got some good dish on TF2? Got a heads up on a new patch/update?

Moderators: boat, rickh

which HL2 version to get?

steam-bronze
No votes
steam-silver
45%
steam-gold
No votes
retail-basic (cd's)
27%
retail-special edition (dvd)
27%

Total votes: 11

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

which HL2 version?

Post by boat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:24 am

which HL2 version does everyone plan on getting? id like to get a hard copy (dvd), though steam has some very tempting offers, especailly given that theres no word on access to 'valves entire back catalog' mentioned with the store/retail/boxed version :-?

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:01 am

Doesn't much matter to me. I don't need the plastic figurines or the HL t-shirts. I just want the dang game, NOW! :D

I already pre-ordered mine and it's probably the CD version and that is all good and fine with me!
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:37 am

The retail basic as long as I can get DoD:S as an addon later, otherwise I guess it's steam silver.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:54 pm

the more i think about it, the more i lean towards the steam-silver package, as it gives the most bang for the buck :-? ...but itd still be nice to have a hard copy...argh!!! :x :oops: :cry: :P

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:27 pm

If you are not planning on playing HL 1 Source or DOD source I would get the bronze package.. Then just add the Key_code to your existing Key..

I would think that would be the same for the Retail Packages (Hard Copy)as well.

I know I added my ATI HL2 key to my existing key and it unlocked CS-Source and Supposedly HL2 as well. I have an option to buy the HL 1 Source and DOD Source games but I'm not sure how much they cost.. It might make sense just to buy the Silver package because I can't see these two games costing less than $5 a piece..

:-?
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:49 am

HL2 has sold 1.7 million retail copies. Steam purchases are unaccounted for.

Cobra
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Cobra » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:16 am

Well stupid me d/led all of it but then decided I wanted a hard copy which I could get for free by using my ATI promotion.

Well....Im still waiting for it. :o

Called them yesterday and they said its being processed. Bull Shiet.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:26 pm

wasnt sure where to stick this, so ill stick it here :pbt: ;) ...

"Vivendi And Valve Settle:
It looks like Valve and Vivendi have settled their lawsuit. Under the terms of the agreement, Vivendi will no longer distribute retail packaged versions of Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and Counter-Strike: Source after the 31st of August 2005.

Additionally, VU Games has notified distributors and cyber cafes that were licensed by VU Games that only Valve is authorized to distribute Valve games to cyber cafes and grant cyber cafe licenses. Cyber cafe operators that were licensed by VU Games have also been notified that any license agreement from Sierra Entertainment, Vivendi Universal Games or any of their affiliates or distributors that may have granted rights to use Valve games in cyber cafes, whether written or oral, is terminated.
"

:-?