HL2

Got some good dish on TF2? Got a heads up on a new patch/update?

Moderators: boat, rickh

User avatar
[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Sharpsville, PA

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:21 am

Has anyone figured out how to play in true offline mode? I had that stupid checkbox unchecked in my settings. My Internet was down for 4 days. Everytime I tried to start HL2 it would fire off steam - which wanted to update and of course couldn't. The only button on the update window is cancel and when you cancel, HL2 doesn't start. I don't even know how it knew there was an update out there considering my Internet was down, Grrrrrrrr! Needless to say that I lost 4 days of game play time. :(

User avatar
Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 371
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:32 am
Location: One Toke Over the Line....
Contact:

Post by Rork » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:52 am

[NME]T-Bone wrote:Has anyone figured out how to play in true offline mode? I had that stupid checkbox unchecked in my settings. My Internet was down for 4 days. Everytime I tried to start HL2 it would fire off steam - which wanted to update and of course couldn't. The only button on the update window is cancel and when you cancel, HL2 doesn't start. I don't even know how it knew there was an update out there considering my Internet was down, Grrrrrrrr! Needless to say that I lost 4 days of game play time. :(


Hey T

try *edited broken link*

Particularly interesting is "Speeding up Fallback into Offline Play:" at the bottom.

Hope it helps..

0X
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

User avatar
[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Sharpsville, PA

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:01 am

Rork wrote:
[NME]T-Bone wrote:Has anyone figured out how to play in true offline mode? I had that stupid checkbox unchecked in my settings. My Internet was down for 4 days. Everytime I tried to start HL2 it would fire off steam - which wanted to update and of course couldn't. The only button on the update window is cancel and when you cancel, HL2 doesn't start. I don't even know how it knew there was an update out there considering my Internet was down, Grrrrrrrr! Needless to say that I lost 4 days of game play time. :(


Hey T

try this

Particularly interesting is "Speeding up Fallback into Offline Play:" at the bottom.

Hope it helps..

0X


Thanks, but not sure how it will make a difference considering my Internet connection was down - which is sorta like disabling the lan, but I'll give it a try the next time my Internet connection goes down.

User avatar
[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Sharpsville, PA

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:37 am

Followup:

Steam Client Update Released
November 23, 2004, 6:33 pm · valve
A platform update is available and will be applied automatically when Steam is restarted. The change includes:

* No longer require "remember password" to be checked to play offline

User avatar
Cobra
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:39 pm
Location: Western North Carolina
Contact:

Post by Cobra » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:34 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:Followup:

Steam Client Update Released
November 23, 2004, 6:33 pm · valve
A platform update is available and will be applied automatically when Steam is restarted. The change includes:

* No longer require "remember password" to be checked to play offline


Was just wondering if this did infact work?

I have read a lot of complaining about this offline problem on steam.

Cobra

User avatar
Cobra
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:39 pm
Location: Western North Carolina
Contact:

Post by Cobra » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:05 pm

Well I guess all of you have played HL2 all the way thru and its old stuff now already.
I FINALLY got mine from ATI today. :evil:

This is how long it took to get hard copies from them for the total of $10.
Had I known it was going to take forever I would have told them I had it d/led. Which I do. But my thinking was I had to have hard copies and it wouldn't take as long as it did.

Dumb A$$ :drinking:

User avatar
[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Contact:

Post by [NME]Myth » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:58 pm

HL2???

Oh yeah, I remember that game. It was cool. :lol: :D :P
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

User avatar
Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 989
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Post by Dictator » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:15 pm

I don't have the game yet. :o Dunno if I want to get it now or wait for that tfc (Fortress Forever) mod to come out.
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

User avatar
[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Sharpsville, PA

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:17 pm

Cobra wrote:
[NME]T-Bone wrote:Followup:

Steam Client Update Released
November 23, 2004, 6:33 pm · valve
A platform update is available and will be applied automatically when Steam is restarted. The change includes:

* No longer require "remember password" to be checked to play offline
Was just wondering if this did infact work?

I have read a lot of complaining about this offline problem on steam.

Cobra
yes, they finally fixed that. in fact the last update (last week) finally fixed my start up window from appearing off screen. it once more remembers it's last position.

User avatar
Cobra
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:39 pm
Location: Western North Carolina
Contact:

Post by Cobra » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:21 pm

Story of my life. From what little I saw last night after what seemed like forever d/ling more updates my puter dont have enough horsepower. :cry:

User avatar
Darth DBII
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: I'm Right Behind you....
Contact:

Post by Darth DBII » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:42 pm

I still haven't beat it yet :oops: i suck LOL
Image
Few will follow you into death....few unless you go first.

User avatar
[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Sharpsville, PA

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:55 pm

T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:00 pm

Post by edm » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:47 pm

Not that anyone cares :p but I finally finished hl2 today :D yes, I'm slooow :) seriously though, I cant believe it's been 2 years since it's release. time flies...

anyway, time to get me the expansion pack :)

User avatar
[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Sharpsville, PA

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:11 pm

Dang dude! I thought I was slow because it took me 6 months or so to finish HL. :lol: So, I guess the question is, when did you purchase HL2?
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

edm
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:00 pm

Post by edm » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:17 pm

lol, I actually bought it the first day. Just never got around to finishing it the first go around.
So for the heck of it I reinstalled it last week and was determined to finish it this time :)

User avatar
[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Sharpsville, PA

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:39 pm

danggit! one week is less than 6 months.

at least it only took me about 4-6 weeks to finish HL2, but only because i was trying to pace the game out by only playing a couple hours each night. i think boat finsihed it in 2 days or sumfin. :lol:
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

User avatar
boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2753
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Contact:

Post by boat » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:45 pm

all my game time got diverted straight to it :P ;)

slow asses... :roll: :P

User avatar
[NME]SANDMAN
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Naples,Florida
Contact:

Post by [NME]SANDMAN » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:06 pm

I havent d/led it yet, but there is a HL2 demo that just came out.

http://ati.amd.com/gitg/promotions/half ... index.html

User avatar
boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2753
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Contact:

Post by boat » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:32 pm

aww, biatch...that has been out for a coupla years now... :? :roll: :lol: :P ;)

User avatar
[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true
Posts: 2818
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:00 pm
Location: Sharpsville, PA

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:27 pm

wtf... 4-5 months for an extra 2 hours???

http://omidr.typepad.com/twitchblog/200 ... life_.html
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Post Reply