HL2

Got some good dish on TF2? Got a heads up on a new patch/update?

Moderators: boat, rickh

KaptainSkitzo
Ole Barnacle
Ole Barnacle

Post by KaptainSkitzo » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:14 pm

Man, this is like Deja Vu!

I remember way back when......

Commodore was putting out the Amiga line of computers(Sweet machines, still are....and I have 6 of them!)...Then Commodore went belly up. Escom in Germany bought the Amiga line, and promiced new systems would be developed. We waited.....Amiga 4000s and 1200s began to trickle out...but still no new systems. Then Escom went belly up...and Gateway(Yes, THAT Gateway) bought the Amiga line....This was in like '97(I think)...and we were again promiced NEW UPDATED SYSTEMS! Here we are....almost 10 years since Commodore went under, and only prototypes of the new "Amiga One" are being shipped to "certain people"(developers). The only thing we've actually had come out new, is OS 4.0...and it's not exactly cheap. Hence, none of mine have it.
Hell, before I bought my IBM, I debated upgrading my Amiga 3000 to make it capable of handling getting on the 'Net. Cost wise, it simply wasn't feasable($2000 for memory/video accelerators/CPU accelerators)...and the best I could get was a CPU running 50Mhz. Granted, being a Motorolla 68060 chip, it's fast as a mother....but still......I couldn't play neat stuff like Half Life/TFC on it.
"There are thousands of people out there who say I am *NOT* right in the head. There are thousands more out there who say I *AM* right in the head. The funny thing is, they all make these claims for the SAME REASONS!"
-Me.

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:02 am

From PlanetFortress...

Half-Life 2 Official Delay Announcement
Wednesday, September 24, 2003, 06:33 | The Warthog | 5 Comments
So here it is. Half-Life 2 has been officially confirmed to be delayed from September 30th. From Doug Lombardi:

The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date.

KUMITE
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by KUMITE » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:16 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:From PlanetFortress...

Half-Life 2 Official Delay Announcement
Wednesday, September 24, 2003, 06:33 | The Warthog | 5 Comments
So here it is. Half-Life 2 has been officially confirmed to be delayed from September 30th. From Doug Lombardi:

The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date.

Gee, what a suprise :roll:

PEACE K :cheers:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:56 am

Same old, same old... doh! :o

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:40 pm

a coupla sites have reported that apparently there is a coupla month old copy of the HL2 source code floating around teh net...which looks very official/authentic... :-? :x :oops:

Drewbacca
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Drewbacca » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:21 pm

Dummm dum dum dum... dummm dum dum dum dummmm... Stay tuned tomorrow for "Days of our Half-Lives."

Doh! :o

8)
"Do good, because it ain't bad."

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:38 pm

courtesy slashdot...:

possible summer release of HL2...

"According to CNN Money, Valve's director of marketing Doug Lombardi announced that the company is 'currently targeting this summer for the completion of Half-Life 2'. From the article: 'Valve does not plan to reveal any additional information until the time surrounding the E3 trade show, where the game will once again be shown this year. E3 will be held in Los Angeles May 12-14.'" The game was delayed following a previously covered code leak, and the article also notes: "Arkane Studios, an independent French developer that created the critically-acclaimed role-playing game 'Arx Fatalis,' has licensed [Half-Life 2's Source engine] for a forthcoming title [as has Troika's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines]."

:D

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:12 pm

Being released Sept 1st, really? Amazon.com thinks so.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:44 pm

ive been hearin so many different dates, i dunno what to think anymore...can u say "TF2"? :P ;)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:29 pm

Wow!!! Will HL2 finally be here??? You can now preload it via Steam.

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:39 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:Wow!!! Will HL2 finally be here??? You can now preload it via Steam.
So Does this mean I will be able to play since I have a HL2 Key that came wiff my Video Card :treat:
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:13 pm

Cool. But I'd rather have the physical cd.

Looking for the release date, I saw that TF2 is scheduled for 1/3/2005 now. One can only hope.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:48 pm

from what i understand, the pre-load is nothing more than things like textures and graphics files, which are stuff that wont be changed...only thing left after pre-load is the engine...so ur essentailly jsut downloading the hoses, manifolds, etc...the actual engine wont be til after cs:source beta is finished its testing (i tihnk thats how theyre play testing the new engine). ...id rather have the cd too :D

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:46 am

[NME]Myth wrote:Cool. But I'd rather have the physical cd.
Looking for the release date, I saw that TF2 is scheduled for 1/3/2005 now. One can only hope.
boat wrote:from what i understand, the pre-load is nothing more than things like textures and graphics files, which are stuff that wont be changed...only thing left after pre-load is the engine...so ur essentailly jsut downloading the hoses, manifolds, etc...the actual engine wont be til after cs:source beta is finished its testing (i tihnk thats how theyre play testing the new engine). ...id rather have the cd too :D
Yeah yeah yeah, but I got the Key for free from ATI when I got my gfx card. I would rather have the physical cd too, but hey it was "Free" and "Free" rhymes with CD.. :P I could have sent the certificate in to get the CD, still can, just don't know if I should... You have to send the original certificate with the original receipt from your purchase (I do still have it) with a 4"x6" self addressed stamp envelope to........ If it gets lost, they are not responsible, if the key code is not visible on the certificate, they're not responsible, if you sneezed on the receipt before you sent it, they're not responsible... And after all that they don't even send you a conformation they recieved it all.. You just wait and see.. :-? :-?

Sooo, Say it with me one and all, Shout it from the Roof Tops and rejoice.... :lol:
"Free Key and No CD,Free Key and No CD,Free Key and No CD,Free Key and No CD......." :lol: :P :lol:

*Edit* Pre-Loading did nothing but take up space.. :cry: But the Key did give me access to all but one of the games . 8)

!biA biA!

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:41 pm

Say it loud (Say it Loud), Say it clear (Ooh Say it Clear)
You can listen as well as you hear
It’s too late(Its Too Late), When we die (Ooh when we die)
To admit we don’t see eye to eye
;)

!biA biA!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:38 am

Rork wrote: *Edit* Pre-Loading did nothing but take up space.. :cry: But the Key did give me access to all but one of the games . 8)
My regular HL cd key gave me access to all the games except for Condition Zero which you have to pay for. :D :P

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:23 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:
Rork wrote: *Edit* Pre-Loading did nothing but take up space.. :cry: But the Key did give me access to all but one of the games . 8)
My regular HL cd key gave me access to all the games except for Condition Zero which you have to pay for. :D :P
Even the CS Source Beta.. :oops: :-? :P :lol:

Which looks very, very Good, btw.. ;)

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:47 pm

hl2 near? :surp: :D ...courtesy hardocp...:

"Half-Life 2 Close:
It looks like Valve’s head honcho, Gabe Newell, stopped over at the HL2Fallout Forums and said that the Half-Life 2 release candidate is on its way to Vivendi Universal. Steve Gibson over at ShackNews also received confirmation that the game is close.

Yes, the RC went to VU yesterday.
"

:ohyeah: :D

Cobra
Crusty Ole Barnacle
Crusty Ole Barnacle

Post by Cobra » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:41 pm

Well even though I have all 3 preloads I went ahead and sent in my ATI coupon to get a free hl2 hardcopy.

Im going to probably find out I dont have enough horsepower.

Although doom 3 is playable I wonder if hl2 will be more demanding.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:00 pm

here's a blurb about the different versions/packages...:
Half-Life 2 Offers Revealed!
HL Fallout has received word from Valve's Gabe Newell revealing the much anticipated Half-Life 2 retail and Steam (info) packages. Also revealed, the full version of CS:Source will be available to Steam purchasers next week!

The Half-Life 2 offers have been finalized. Details are pasted below. The Steam offers will be available for purchase next week. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.

Retail Boxes

* Standard Edition — includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man).
* Collector's Edition — includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirt and a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Packages

* Bronze — HL2* and CS:Source.
* Silver — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.
* Gold — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

*To be made available upon product's release.

The Steam packages are especially impressive. And with the chance to play CS:Source straight away, these are some exciting deals. Up for a trip to Valve, anyone? While we haven't received word yet on pricing for the Steam packages, more information should be released via Steam in the near future.

Original E-mail:
The Half-Life 2 offers have been finalized. Details are pasted below. The Steam offers will be available for purchase next week. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release.
Half-Life 2 Offers
RETAIL BOX:
1. Standard Edition:
-- Half-Life 2
-- Counter-Strike: Source
Note: Ships on six CDs. Three different box designs will be made available at launch (cover characters change on the different designs: one is Gordon, one is Alyx, and the third is the Gman).

2. Collector's Edition:
-- Half-Life 2
-- Half-Life 1: Source
-- Half-Life 2 T-shirt
-- Prima book sampler
Note: This version will contain the games on a DVD.

STEAM OFFERINGS
1. "Bronze"
-- Half-Life 2*
*(To be made available upon product's release.)

2. "Silver"
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Half-Life 1: Source*
-- Day of Defeat: Source*
-- Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam *(To be made available upon products' release.)
3. "Gold"
-- Half-Life 2*
-- Half-Life 1: Source*
-- Day of Defeat: Source*
-- Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
-- Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games
-- 3 different Half-Life 2 posters
-- Half-Life 2 hat
-- Half-Life 2 postcard
-- Half-Life 2 stickers
-- Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
-- Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).
*(To be made available upon products' release.)
[ Mr Bond @ 8:38 pm PST on 9/28/04 | Half-life 2 | 76 comments ]
:)