New TFC Update News

Got some good dish on TF2? Got a heads up on a new patch/update?

Moderators: boat, rickh

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:13 am

boat wrote:i dont understand what that steamport is...arent both of those ports within the inclusive port range they recommend people to open anyhow? :? :?:

hrmmm... seems they moved it from a tcp port to a udp port. original ports were:

UDP 1200
UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive
TCP 27030 to 27039 inclusive

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:12 am

If they're talking about the client, those are outbound port, yes? Does the Steam network (cough) arbitrarily establish inbound connections to the client?

G

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri May 13, 2005 11:58 am

Grummun wrote:If they're talking about the client, those are outbound port, yes? Does the Steam network (cough) arbitrarily establish inbound connections to the client?

G

almost seems like those might be inbound as steam says to make sure those ports are open on your router. personally, i've never added them to my router and things seem to work fine (other than steam flaws themselves), which suggests they are outbound. :-?

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Fri May 13, 2005 11:59 am

new steam pile update

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Thu May 19, 2005 11:40 am

[NME]T-Bone wrote:
Grummun wrote:If they're talking about the client, those are outbound port, yes? Does the Steam network (cough) arbitrarily establish inbound connections to the client?

G

almost seems like those might be inbound as steam says to make sure those ports are open on your router. personally, i've never added them to my router and things seem to work fine (other than steam flaws themselves), which suggests they are outbound. :-?

Empirical testing has determined that they're talking about outbound ports, if anyone cares. :roll:

G

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu May 19, 2005 12:52 pm

heh! thanks g! if your router supports spi and spi is indeed turned on that it shouldn't be an issue otherwise you will need to open those ports on your router. of course if you use a firewall also then those will also need to be allowed out.

this is where the if it ain't broke, don't fix it rule applies... or is it if it works, fix it until it doesn't. :lol: