HL2:Episode 1?

Got some good dish on TF2? Got a heads up on a new patch/update?

Moderators: boat, rickh

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:16 pm

Grummun wrote:I had assumed Lost Coast was available to anyone who had HL2. Every time I tried to download it, it failed, but it never said it was because I wasn't entitled to it, it gave me some line about the servers being too busy.
Well, scratch that bit; I just installed it, no problem. I guess it really was server load last time. Since I got my copy of HL2 secondhand from my brother, I've no clue how glorified my HL2 license is.

[NME]Myth
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]Myth » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:43 pm

I'm pretty sure the online games are just referring to HL2: DM and HL DM Source. It wanted to download/install them when I ordered EP1 through Steam along with Lost Coast.

I haven't started Ep1 yet though. I decided to play through HL2 again first. I'm at the Strider part now so I'll be able to play soon enough.
LET'S GO HOKIES!!!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:32 am

The 5th vid for episode 2 is out. Very cool.
T-Bone

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos
will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:18 am

Finally got a chance to play Episode 1, before that I played HL2 again. Boy, that was fun. I enjoyed playing episode 1 but I never liked fighting zombies. They are still a pain in ass. I wish it would let me use beefed physcannon. :( Even though I could do that with cheats.

I'm thinking about play original HL but I dunno if I wanted to. It has no subtitles. :-?
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

Grummun
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Grummun » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:46 pm

Dictator wrote:I'm thinking about play original HL but I dunno if I wanted to. It has no subtitles. :-?
I tried playing Lost Coast with subtitles just to see them, and was surprised at the level of detail in the subtitles - all the weapon noises and such. Good job on Valve's part.