pw expiration?

The place for any forum suggestions, tips, requests, etc...

Moderators: boat, rickh

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

pw expiration?

Post by boat » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:44 pm

has anyone been getting messages/errors or anything saying that your password will expire in -xxxx days, or anyhting odd like that? :-? :?:

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:57 pm

nope, not yet.... wait... whatda??? j/k :P :lol:

seems ok to me so far.

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:44 pm

Have you tried google yet? :P

Maybe it has do with your database or php/sql codes...
Give me liberty, or I may well give you death.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:49 pm

it hasnt happened to me...rork is the only one that has said anything, but he said its been happening for a while, which is why i was asking if anyone else has encountered the problem...

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:59 pm

boat wrote:it hasnt happened to me...rork is the only one that has said anything, but he said its been happening for a while, which is why i was asking if anyone else has encountered the problem...
hrmmm... lesee... rork's steam don't werk, his browser don't werk on da barn. anyone see a pattern here? :oops: :lol:

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:35 am

awrork....

What browser are you using when view the barnacles?

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:59 am

[NME]T-Bone wrote:
boat wrote:it hasnt happened to me...rork is the only one that has said anything, but he said its been happening for a while, which is why i was asking if anyone else has encountered the problem...
hrmmm... lesee... rork's steam don't werk, his browser don't werk on da barn. anyone see a pattern here? :oops: :lol:
Dictator wrote:awrork....
ok yuall can just go pluck a duck.... :roll: :P if you notice i'm the only one that has said anything... thats not to say im the only one having the issue.. ma browser werks just fine..... ma puter werks just fine... it aint my fault steam ain't werking... or the barn for that matter... you guys suck...
awrork, awrork, i'll give ya awrork....... i'm gonna kick you in the groin and then you'll be like, awrork kicked me in my groin... and the others of you will be like, yeah he kicked me in the groin too.... and then all of you will be talking about it like you have something in common to talk about and it will bring you closer... and years from now you will look back and say, hey remember when rork kicked us in the groin, and you'll answer yeah...., that really brought us closer toghether, and you'll be like, yeah..... it did... awrork he was great, just a bit missunderstood.. and you'll be like , yeah.....he was really great.....

:hush:
"I'm Not as Think as You Stoned I am"

!biA biA!

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:13 am

Rork wrote:
Dictator wrote:awrork....
ok yuall can just go pluck a duck.... :roll: :P if you notice i'm the only one that has said anything... thats not to say im the only one having the issue.. ma browser werks just fine..... ma puter werks just fine... it aint my fault steam ain't werking... or the barn for that matter... you guys suck...
Hey, don't blame me. I'm just trying to find out what's the problem with your 'pw expiration' :P Can you give more details about it?
Rork wrote:awrork he was great, just a bit missunderstood.. and you'll be like , yeah.....he was really great.....
I think we would say "awrork he was alright, just a bit missunderstood.. and yeah.....he was really aw dork....." :lol: ;) :P

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:21 pm

:rofl: funny chit u guys.

beleeb me, if i have issues, someone's gonna hear bout them. ;)

i didn't even know phpbb had pw expiration unless it's new in phpbbplus. do you use your browser to auto-login? if so, perhaps the cookie or pw list in your browser is about to expire it.

...as for steam, we all know it sux0r. just cross your fingers and hope the next update fixes it.

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:49 pm

er. didnt mean for this to be a rork-hunt...scratch what i said from the record and use this instead...

"...im asking because another barn user recently contacted me about error messages that talked about his/her password expiring, though he/she said it has been like that for a while. therefore i am asking as a whole, in case anoyne else has been having this problem for a while as well, but just hasnt said anyhting..."

and yes, apparently one of the mods thats included witih phpbbplus is a "password expiration" mod where u can set passwords to force a reset after so many days. i have it set on like 1825 days and the password cant be the same as the user name. the odd thing about this particular case is 1) this is the first person that has said anyhting, but they also added its bee happening for a while and 2) the screnshot of the message they showed me was some crazy lik "you pw will expire in -8008 days" :o :-? ...so has anyone else encountered a message/error like this?

ps. formal apologies for the involved party(s) :P

pss. awrork... :pbt: ;)

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:21 pm

being th barn runs on nix, a properly developed program shouldn't exhibit a date error like that until 2038. perhaps a bug in the mod?

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:28 pm

boat wrote:er. didnt mean for this to be a rork-hunt...scratch what i said from the record and use this instead...

"...im asking because another barn user recently contacted me about error messages that talked about his/her password expiring, though he/she said it has been like that for a while. therefore i am asking as a whole, in case anoyne else has been having this problem for a while as well, but just hasnt said anyhting..."

and yes, apparently one of the mods thats included witih phpbbplus is a "password expiration" mod where u can set passwords to force a reset after so many days. i have it set on like 1825 days and the password cant be the same as the user name. the odd thing about this particular case is 1) this is the first person that has said anyhting, but they also added its bee happening for a while and 2) the screnshot of the message they showed me was some crazy lik "you pw will expire in -8008 days" :o :-? ...so has anyone else encountered a message/error like this?

ps. formal apologies for the involved party(s) :P

pss. awrork... :pbt: ;)
yeah , this ain't no rork hunt..... leave poor rork alone.. :P

ps.. glad to hear you're so amused T-... that was what i was shooting for... the whole time i was writing i was saying to myself, i hope T-Bone laughs at this......... :lol: ;) .....really i was... :roll:

!biA biA!

[NME]T-Bone
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by [NME]T-Bone » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:35 pm

well... i was originally gonna give ya a yellow card, but then... :rofl:

Dictator
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Dictator » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:52 pm

[NME]T-Bone wrote:being th barn runs on nix, a properly developed program shouldn't exhibit a date error like that until 2038. perhaps a bug in the mod?
I don't know if it is. Rork's only the one who reported about it. If that was the case, it should affect many of us. boat set the password for 1825 days. That'd be 5 years.

Rork, do you keep encountering this error? Try clear your browser cache and log in. If it keeps happening, let us know.

boat, if it's a bug, we should search for this bug on phpbb.com or phpbbplus site. If it's not there, try report it?

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:02 pm

i was gonna mention to check your system clock(s)...i know there have been NME in hte past who's system clocks werent set properly, so when nmemails have come thru, it shows as like "march 7th 1970"...sicne its -8008 days, then that oculd possibly be it :? :?:

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:08 pm

Dictator wrote:
[NME]T-Bone wrote:being th barn runs on nix, a properly developed program shouldn't exhibit a date error like that until 2038. perhaps a bug in the mod?
I don't know if it is. Rork's only the one who reported about it. If that was the case, it should affect many of us. boat set the password for 1825 days. That'd be 5 years.

Rork, do you keep encountering this error? Try clear your browser cache and log in. If it keeps happening, let us know.

boat, if it's a bug, we should search for this bug on phpbb.com or phpbbplus site. If it's not there, try report it?
boat wrote:i was gonna mention to check your system clock(s)...i know there have been NME in hte past who's system clocks werent set properly, so when nmemails have come thru, it shows as like "march 7th 1970"...sicne its -8008 days, then that oculd possibly be it :? :?:

nope everything checks out here.. ;) i clean my cache, ma time is correct
:wink:

when i signed up for the forum in the first place, it wouldn't send me a conformation... so boat had to add my name and password manualy...
:-? this, as far as i can figure, would be the only variation with my password and the use of other passwords... :-? :oops: if anyone else has been added this way. then maybe they are having the same problem.....

if you manualy enter someone, do they differ from those entered automaticaly through the sign up..... thang <you got that> :roll: :-?

Can you set up a temporary account?

eg: <assuming you can do this> lets say you set someone up as a temporary user, or you add someone manualy,..... do their name and password settings fall under a general umbrella of rules/settings for all , or... are they governed by their own rules? :oops: :-?

!biA biA!

Paradroid
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Paradroid » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:49 pm

Dictator wrote:boat set the password for 1825 days. That'd be 5 years.

Actually it is 4 years and 364 days.
Parad®σιd

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:51 pm

oh - i had to manually do it casue the emailing was broken at the time, so u wouldntve gotten an email.

have u always had the expiration problem? :? :?: u registered before phpbbplus was installed too, werent u? cause it didnt have the pw expiration feature until after phpbbplus (whats where the feature/mod came from).

Rork
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by Rork » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:30 am

boat wrote:oh - i had to manually do it casue the emailing was broken at the time, so u wouldntve gotten an email.

have u always had the expiration problem? :? :?: u registered before phpbbplus was installed too, werent u? cause it didnt have the pw expiration feature until after phpbbplus (whats where the feature/mod came from).
July 7th 2004 was the day i joined according to the members list... ;) , im not sure but i think it started when plus was installed.. :-?
<shrug> i would have thought maybe something with my puter but, the pics i sent you were taken on ma laptop, which is brand new..... :roll:

i'm stumped......... could it be because when it comes up and it asks to put in my password-newpassword-confirm new password, i continue to use the same password..??

but why would it give the second screen, "Hacking Attempt...." ??

!biA biA!

boat
[NME] tried and true
[NME] tried and true

Post by boat » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:32 am

sup hack? :pbt:

actually thats probably jsut a security measure, probably from exhausting the password redo's or maybe the window was trying to load a "hidden" file <shrug>

try using a different password next time it asks u...u can always go into ur profile and change it back. :?